The New Simcity OMG!

Name a game that let's you build a city from the ground up and one name will come out....SimCity.

There is a new one now and you have to try it out. Upgradeable buildings, new curved roads, new view settings, strategic resources for city development, plus all the classic disaster :D

If there's a reason for the mayan prophecy to be wrong, then this would be it.

• Like 1

You can preorder and get the European styled houses and roads. German, french and italian I believe are available.

Due to be released in early 2013.

I don't like that you're limited in plot sizes for building the city. Posted Image

But the multiplayer seems interesting.

Edited by Maximoff

i would love building venetian waterways like roads, maybe they'll do that with an expansion along with my favorite disaster Ufo attack!

I can remember spending hours when I was younger playing the original SimCity which came on two floppy discs **wonders how many floppy discs the latest release would take up**

The only thing I disliked about the newer versions was that you had to create roads, instead of being able to create just a railway, which pushed up pollution levels.

I used to love underfunding the police department and creating high crime areas Posted Image

I can remember spending hours when I was younger playing the original SimCity which came on two floppy discs **wonders how many floppy discs the latest release would take up**

The only thing I disliked about the newer versions was that you had to create roads, instead of being able to create just a railway, which pushed up pollution levels.

I used to love underfunding the police department and creating high crime areas Posted Image

You were a bad sheep even then :devil: :

One thing i am glad they removed was the water pipes. Do you remember how much work it used to be to keep the water supply up and make sure all the buildings had pipes crisscrossing around the city?

I used to underfund the fire department and watch my city burn from lava (I think it was from a volcano or something). That was an epic disaster.

I got into simcity with simcity 2000 and my elementary school teacher knew someone at maxis, so i got my copy autographed by will wright, the greatest game developer of the 20th and early 21st century, other than sid meier, creator of civilization and true 4X gaming.

Edited by W_L

[...]

One thing i am glad they removed was the water pipes. Do you remember how much work it used to be to keep the water supply up and make sure all the buildings had pipes crisscrossing around the city?

[...]

God ya, it was such a PitA doing all the water pipes works.

It also sounds great the higher inter-city sharing

• 1 month later...

Some new details on new SimCity:

http://mashable.com/2013/01/28/simcity-hands-on/

http://www.nowgamer.com/pc/pc-previews/1781958/simcity_5_things_you_didnt_know_about_the_maxis_reboot.html

A thought came to my mind as they described how you could follow your Sims around:

I wonder, since "the Sims" have gay and lesbian relationships, would it be possible to create an entire city based around that. (The inner modder in me is drooling in anticipation.) I don't need them to have "Wohoo!" and stuff, it would just cool.

I googled Sims gay and gosh it came up with stuff that makes me wonder if its real 

imagine parents banning the game

Some new details on new SimCity:

http://mashable.com/2013/01/28/simcity-hands-on/

http://www.nowgamer.com/pc/pc-previews/1781958/simcity_5_things_you_didnt_know_about_the_maxis_reboot.html

A thought came to my mind as they described how you could follow your Sims around:

I wonder, since "the Sims" have gay and lesbian relationships, would it be possible to create an entire city based around that. (The inner modder in me is drooling in anticipation.) I don't need them to have "Wohoo!" and stuff, it would just cool.

Let's have a GA region! :P Would be cool to play together when the game is released.

I vote for a joined university city for higher-educated population! :D

Cool, I will build a beach town with overpriced seafood restaurants for Spring Break :D

Argh god!

I can see myself getting addicted to this already.

I can remember in my younger days have a city that covered the whole bloomin map in the old SimCity, and if ya got rich enough heaven came down on the city or something daft.

Bloomin crime always ran away with it though! hehe.

Gawsh

Well up for multi player games? Anyone???? :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I was in on the Closed Beta last week.  As soon as I stopped playing that, I pre-ordered...

• Like 1

I am sooo obsessed with these games!!!! One of the few games I can sit for hours, weeks on end and still love every second of it. I seriously have been dying for the day they released a new SimCity and even a few months ago I saw a little ad on Facebook I thought it was a joke and facebook was just fucking with me (which it tends to do, stupid thing). However, now that I know its real I'm DYING!!! I very well may not eat for two weeks just to afford to buy it. :D

• Like 1

I was in on the Closed Beta last week.  As soon as I stopped playing that, I pre-ordered...

Let's make a deal right now, I'll give you power if you take my trash :P

• 3 weeks later...

Getting a bit depressed due to the download :(

How's the online gaming going for the rest of you?