GA Members Favorite Brands. Whats Yours ?

Wally J.

Car company:                Ford       {It didn't go broke or take a government bailout.}

Clothing Brand:             Dockers  {They are comfortable and I'm old and that counts!}

TV Channel                   PBS        {Used to be Sci-Fi but they changed to SyFy and went down the tubes}

Drinks                            Pepsi Products

Anheuser-Busch products

Starbucks

Stores                            Amazon  {I always check stuff out on-line and usually the price is unbeatable}

Restaurants                   Panera   {St. Louis Bread Co. in St. Louis}

Social Network               GA         {Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the rest I just avoid}

Edited by Daddydavek

I wish I could say that I'm not a brand person. But I am. 

The clothing brands are mostly because they carry my size (although I have to go to the tailor for my scotch&soda shirts). I have an awkward and lithe body. 

5eva5f.jpg

Wrangler and Carhart -jeans

Triumph and Harley Davidson - Motorcycles

Chevy - Truck

Playstation - video Games

Wolverine - Boots

Wilson - leather

Cabela - Hunting gear

Carhart - shirts / flannels

trucks- Toyota

clothes- Levis and Polo

Drinks- Coke

Camera- Canon

Stores- Amazon

Accessories- Maxpeditions

Bikes- Trek

various stuff- Swissgear (Wenger)

Edited by jamessavik

I've recently started earning/stopped being a student and was pleasantly surprised to find out that I'm actually not a brand person :)

When I was a student I thought I'd buy this this and that when I finally had the cash but now that I do, I'm a bit meh. I'll just try to buy clothes from shops where I know the quality is good and I think it looks good. I also won't buy anything where the branding is obvious. And for tech stuff I buy stuff for curiosity/playing with rather than the brand :P I don't buy much else...books, food and video games I guess.

I have brands I detest though :) A&F/Hollister - because in the UK their stores are dark with pounding music and you can't even see the damn clothes! Yet people still buy things from in there. Also - the Ralph Lauren shirts with the humongous logo - why did they need to go and do that to their perfectly nice polos? Oh look at me I spent THIS MUCH money on polo shirt...:/

Vehicles: Ford

Stores: Amazon - Walgreen's

Channels: Animal Planet, National Geographic, GAC (Great American Country)

Clothing: Victoria Secret, American Eagle

Shoes: Skechers

Drinks: Simply Orange orange Juice, Nestle Bottled Water.

Root Beer: A&W

Social Network: None.

E-mail: Msn - Hotmail.

Search Engine: Google

Browser: Google Chrome

Pizza: Pizzahut, only because I don't have to drive forever to get it...

Non-Fastfood: O'Charley's 

• Like 1

Target: Clothes that are cheap and look like expensive fashionable brands, because they are all made in China :P

target_dog1.jpg

• Like 2

Target: Clothes that are cheap and look like expensive fashionable brands, because they are all made in China :P

Depends on the brand and how much salary they give the employees. H&M I avoid because of their salary issues (well, I avoid them mostly because none of their clothes fit and if I ever bought something I'd have to pay extra for tailoring). 

Vehicles: None

Stores: Shoprite

Channels: Fox, CBS, CCTV

Clothing: D&G

Shoes: Puma

Drinks: Nestle, Bottled Water, Fayrouz

Beer/Alcohol: None

Social Network: Facebook, GA.

E-mail: Gmail.

Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox

Cell Phone: Nokia, BB

Books: Pocket, Warner

Vehicles: None

Stores: Shoprite

Channels: Fox, CBS, CCTV

Clothing: D&G

Shoes: Puma

Drinks: Nestle, Bottled Water, Fayrouz

Beer/Alcohol: None

Social Network: Facebook, GA.

E-mail: Gmail.

Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox

Cell Phone: Nokia, BB

Books: Pocket, Warner

Puma is my BF faves but there nice, But Nokia ? they seem outdated. BB as well. but I would choose BB over Nokia. :*) 

target_dog1.jpg

Worked there couple years ago. You are definitely right, cheap but looks expensive and fashionable but China made.

Walmart

Lol.. Looks like you like food alot.

Technology: silver-apple-logo-small.jpg

Shoes: nike_logo-small.jpg   aldo_coolcanucks_ca.jpg   

Cars: audi_logosmall.jpg   Range_Rover_Logo-300x150.jpeg

Clothes: Polo_Ralph_Lauren_logo.png      logo_medium_logo_levis.jpg   TJ_Maxx-logo-BC9171ABB3-seeklogo.com.gif

TV Channels: national-geographic-logo.jpg ESPN%20logo.jpg  

You sound very professional and well organized to me (thats hot) . And nice pick on the car brands.

Car company:                Ford       {It didn't go broke or take a government bailout.}

Clothing Brand:             Dockers  {They are comfortable and I'm old and that counts!}

TV Channel                   PBS        {Used to be Sci-Fi but they changed to SyFy and went down the tubes}

Drinks                            Pepsi Products

Anheuser-Busch products

Starbucks

Stores                            Amazon  {I always check stuff out on-line and usually the price is unbeatable}

Restaurants                   Panera   {St. Louis Bread Co. in St. Louis}

Social Network               GA         {Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the rest I just avoid}

Im a Pepsi guy and a Panera guy.. Nice choice of brands but about ford ? I Mean I like their cars but they seem far to the right.

Puma is my BF faves but there nice, But Nokia ? they seem outdated. BB as well. but I would choose BB over Nokia. :*) 

i know they're kinda outdated, but they serve me well enough and I love them. I use a cell phone from Nokia and a BB Smart Phone and I don't think I'd love another phone like them:)

Guest Alex Ikke Tuppel

Armani, range rover, cristofle, frank muller so many really

I've got 5 different brands of jeans in my closet right now, and 8 brands of shirts.

I drive a Honda Fit because it carries my dogs and gear best, and gets reasonable mileage. I traded in a GMC Envoy I loved 'cause of gas mileage.

Columbia outdoor wear is great, as are Asolo hiking boots. Eureka tents are reasonably priced and have good workmanship. I've worn the snot out of my Wenger daypacks and they still look great. For pocket knives and multitools, I like Leatherman, CRKT, Case, Puma, Boken, and Gerber.

My favorite store is Home Depot. No, wait, it's REI. Home Depot's just where I find myself most often.

My favorite boat is Old Town.

Brands are a starting point. I still check out workmanship and materials, try it on, and look at the competition. Gotta keep an open mind, 'cause quality varies within a brand over time, and there's always another company coming up that might be better. Like a lot of older folks, I've found myself wearing the same styles until they're long out of fashion, so I make an effort to look around more.

I've got 5 different brands of jeans in my closet right now, and 8 brands of shirts.

I drive a Honda Fit because it carries my dogs and gear best, and gets reasonable mileage. I traded in a GMC Envoy I loved 'cause of gas mileage.

Columbia outdoor wear is great, as are Asolo hiking boots. Eureka tents are reasonably priced and have good workmanship. I've worn the snot out of my Wenger daypacks and they still look great. For pocket knives and multitools, I like Leatherman, CRKT, Case, Puma, Boken, and Gerber.

My favorite store is Home Depot. No, wait, it's REI. Home Depot's just where I find myself most often.

My favorite boat is Old Town.

Brands are a starting point. I still check out workmanship and materials, try it on, and look at the competition. Gotta keep an open mind, 'cause quality varies within a brand over time, and there's always another company coming up that might be better. Like a lot of older folks, I've found myself wearing the same styles until they're long out of fashion, so I make an effort to look around more.

Lmao, I thought I was weird finding my self visiting Home Depot a couple of times a week checking out new stuff buying things for the house... But Home Depot is like a playground for me.

P.S I Have a GMC Envoy XL sitting in my garage for winter.. There the best MPVs ever built.

I'm not really a brand person.

Jeans - Levi's (but only because they seem to be the only ones that fit my fat ass and are fairly cheap)

Shoes - Whatever is comfortable and cute

Shirts - Shirt.Woot

Vehicles - I love wagons...

Stores - Amazon, Walgreens, King Soopers, Target

Restaurants - Not chain restaurants, I'm a snob

Drinks - Whatever tastes yummy, I love Boulevard Brewing for beer

Channel - I don't have cable, I'm cheap. Netflix and HuluPlus

Social Network - Twitter, GA, and a car website

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 1