Ok, so I employed my deduction skills and started looking around with the help of Google. I did NOT googled the image, instead I started googling for famous golfers. Since I don't know any from given era, that proved to be no good. Then I realised that I have read somewhere that Golf Masters have just taken place. Or maybe not, but search for golf masters was more successful, as I have been able to get first name, Gene Sarazen, winner of 1935. Google Sarazen and Masters and you get to the site of Smithsonian with this: :P

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/history/2013/04/agony-and-ecstasy-at-the-masters-tournament/

gene-sarazen-masters-golf-large.jpg

Grantland Rice, Gene Sarazen and Craig Wood at the 1935 Augusta National Invitational Tournament. Photo: © Bettmann/CORBIS

Commandant Lassard is Grantland Rice! :D:lmao:   :joe: 

Read more: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/history/2013/04/agony-and-ecstasy-at-the-masters-tournament/#ixzz2R3F4lvDw
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

• Like 1

Congratulations, Paya.  You are absolutely correct.  In fact, the Smithsonian article was my source for the picture.

Everyone should read the article for an interesting story about the Masters golf tournament.

Edited by MikeL

I think, if you know it, you should say it. Because nobody else apparently does. 

Let's give it at least 24 hours from the time Podga posted the picture.  Maybe another hint: Italian/American.  How many millions are there?

We need some guesses.

Hey! My Austrian Hungarian Emperor got 4 hours and this one (who I didn't know about until googling the picture) gets two days! I call not fair! :P

Poor Pavel!  Another hour and twenty minutes will only be one day.

OK, so I employed my click + zoom skills and the pic's got a Cahier Archive siggy :evil:

Which means it's somat to do with motorsport. Which means I'm stuck as I'd rather have root canal work without anaesthetic than watch motor racing :lol:

Btw just in case there are any skeptics, here's a reminder of the full horror of high-waisted trousers  ...

ay_106840788-e1364399732387.jpg?w=622

• Like 1

Btw just in case there are any skeptics, here's a reminder of the full horror of high-waisted trousers  ...

ay_106840788-e1364399732387.jpg?w=622

High waisted trousers and bell bottoms.  How old is the picture?  Only 2002?

Which means it's somat to do with motorsport. Which means I'm stuck as I'd rather have root canal work without anaesthetic than watch motor racing :lol:

OK...long enough I guess.  I believe the picture is none other than Mario Andretti, Italian American world champion racing driver.  I'll let Podga have the final word.

• Like 1