It was Pep who said he was thinking of an English singer.  I never said he was correct.

John Francis Bongiovi, Jr. a/k/a Jon Bon Jovi, American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer and actor, is indeed the correct answer.  He is far better know as a singer than as an actor.  His first film role was in the 1990 movie Young Guns II in which he played the long haired corpse in a coffin.

Congratulations W L.  You win and you are on the hook for the next challenge.

Didn't he feature in Allie Mcbeal for a season?

Looks like Daniel Radcliffe

You got it, he has one of those faces that you remember, especially if your from our generation.

:o Of course, i'm from your generation. I'm just 23. :( It was kind of obvious. I had seen the Harry Potter movies like hundreds of times. 

Okay, my turn. I wonder if this one is difficult. Maybe not. You guys seem to know everyone. :P

whoishe_zps89e80881.jpg

So?

2008 winner to be exact, but I had to look up his nobel prize to page to find his name, so I cannot claim it.

I seriously never read any of his work and I do read french :P

Here's a hint, it is not Claude Simon, who I actually did atleast know about :o

So, a well-travelled French literary Nobel laureate who doesn't go around ripping people's heads off ... nope, no idea :(

Btw thanks Mike for feeding the clues on JBJ, and apologies for the disgraceful slur on your undoubtedly magnificent wardrobe :lol:

Ok, some final hints.

Like Claude Simon who was born on an island (Madagascar), our author here also was born an island- Mauritius. Yes, He's half French, half Mauritian.

He's particularly focused on environment, especially deserts.

So any guesses?

Let's continue it for next twelve hours and then I'll give the name even if no one gets it. 

Nope, not Jules Verne. 

It's JMG Le Clezio, French-Mauritian author who won the 2008 Nobel Prize for Literature as an "author of new departures, poetic adventure and sensual ecstasy, explorer of a humanity beyond and below the reigning civilization".

Btw, I made a mistake in the post above. Clezio wasn't born on Mauritius; his father was. But he is Mauritian though. So, Oopsie. :P 

Another who sees this can have a go at the next challenge. :)

Cheers

Ieshwar