Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll...........

lolspoilerpyramid

mayhaps

answering that would probably be giving the identity away.....

Answering like THAT probably gives the identity away anyway it anyway.

I'm insane, aren't I? Also a mason.

I didn't put any hint in there (without the obvious one he was Czech) just to gauge how you will manage. Finn google cheated and gave you some hints :P so yes, it's a composer and he's Czech. :) Zombie named the three Czech composers that are possibly world-known, now which one of them is it? ;)

Google has an image search function? Errr, aside from the actual image search? Gahhh... I mean, I didn't know you could take an image and then search for information on it via Google. I used TinEye. :P

But yes, I'm a dirty, lawless criminal... who uses his criminaling for good and public service. 8D

WORSHIP MY SELFLESSNESS. O_O

Plox. Anyway, I think I'll actually let the guy who posted the image play his role.... Sorry for the temporary usurption, brah.

• Like 1

Dvorak?

Yes! :-) I picked the one who actually was in America, hoping it would make it easier. His Symphony from the New World is famous all over the world - and one of my favourites. I like some compositions by Smetana and Janáček (that Zombie mentioned) but they were more Czech-bound than Dvořák.

For anyone who would like to listen to some AWESOME music. :-) My favourite is the 4th Movement, but I guess the 2nd one is more known because of the motive from a song.

Wiki for the readers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonín_Dvořák :)

Edited by paya

OK.  This Google Images thing is making a mockery of our little exercise.  When you post a challenge, you need to run your picture through Photobucket or some other site (Google has one, of course) where you change the name of the image.  It's sort of like money laundering.

Thanks to all who are participating.  We now have 313 posts in this thread.  Wow!

Hey I didn't cheat :angry:  Podga said the clue's in the pic - man in a suit, peering intently at something on a  table in front of him, what else could it be? And that looks suspiciously like a pawn bottom left ... :P

Edit: and I don't think your remedy is going to work :( I tested Google Images by using a pic of W_L's American guy no-one knew copied to my Desktop and it found him. Clever stuff, it obviously uses some algorithm that identifies the image regardless of the file name. So all we can do is exhort players not to cheat and spoil the game

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1

It looks more like a rook to me. Maybe a Queen.

But, aye, Mike, most of the images as of late haven't given it away via the URL. I'm just a tad bit insane, and have an Add-on that lets you search for look-alike images. I've used it to find additional images, which have tended to have names in /their/ URLs. In my defense though, I stopped using it to "win" after the first couple times, instead opting to give hints in the guise of jokes. Apologies if my toy around is diluting the game.

Also, I absentminded searched up your and Zombie's avatars while I was typing this, and found the results amusing: Zombie's designer is quite popular, while yours is quite cute.

• Like 1

I did not accuse anyone if cheating.  I only encouraged picture posters to try to cover their tracks  That now appears to be a fruitless exercise.  It is the participants' decision to play fair or not.

TinEye?  Cool!

Thanks for the new avatars Finn - I might give myself a "refresh" :P

*starts preening in the mirror*

Quite welcome!

I did not accuse anyone if cheating.  I only encouraged picture posters to try to cover their tracks  That now appears to be a fruitless exercise.  It is the participants' decision to play fair or not.

TinEye?  Cool!

Aye, aye. It's a pretty amazing software. Very useful for hiding larger versions of images--if they exist--and similar makes. It's also useful for stuff like this--finding names. A little scare, when you think about it... *shrugs* 

We should probably get back on topic...

Well, we can do this by a process of elimination - Bobby Fisher? [Fischer?] :P

His adversary (is that how you call it), the guy that played against Bobby fisher?