I'm so confused now I don't know what to do with my pitchfork  :huh:

So on the one hand you've got Michael. Confident, financially secure, determined to be taken seriously as a partner, jealous, devoted, supportive, horrified that he could've lost Asher. Fine with holding Asher's hand in public (which is really not something you see that often even here and now; it's a Statement and I would think it's not that easy to do lightly) until his boss shows up and then all of a sudden he loses his cool and denies that Asher's his partner despite the mountain of evidence.

Then there's Asher. Affectionate, open, vulnerable, confident in his identity. Totally in love with Michael, enough that he turns away another man, accepting his help and support in all kinds of ways, for weeks on end. Then Michael pulls his stunt and Asher dumps him on the spot, without discussion. Not only that, but he tells his anti-Michael friends every detail of the breakup, and he tells his other friend about their sex life. It would make sense, maybe, for him to be that petty if Michael had been a jerk throughout, but he hasn't been.

I don't know about these guys.  :unsure2: I'd like to know much of Asher's behavior is driven by having been shot, and the upcoming stress of the trial, and the creepy scrutiny he'll be under.

It does make sense that Asher wouldn't want Michael at the trial, since the media attention could only make things worse for Michael at work... 

• Like 2

I think that you set the right balance to prepare for the upcoming drama. Neither man has painted themselves into a corner but some acrobatics may be needed. What comes through is that both men are damaged but we see them doing better together than on their own and ultimately they will figure this out. Now if we can only figure out to get 2 or 3 Wednesdays in a week.

• Like 2

Well new chapter is now posted: Pour Me Another

This is the hardest chapter I've ever written.  I'm not good at this legal stuff, but with some great legal advice from our very own, Andrew Q Gordon, hopefully this chapter is not a disaster. :P  It was tricky, blending courtroom drama without losing the story in the trial.  Let me know what you think. :D

Thanks again, Andy ((and also to Rusty from keeping it from sounding like a re-run of Law & Order :P ))

• Like 5

Time to cut Asher some slack, what with his high anxiety upon entering the courtroom (by himself, no less) and his subsequent (apparent) anxiety attack. Good for Michael, he didn't run--away--when the prosecution tried to include his and Asher's relationship in order to obfuscate the facts of the case.

• Like 2

Well done on the wife's part. She must finally have had it with her husband's smarmy evil ways, seeing the innocent victim suffer in court. Hope she gets her reward one way or another - if only by seeing her soon to be ex sentenced and go to jail and hopefully lose face in a big way in the process. I'm certainly looking forward to that :evil:

Great chapter and I'm happy to have more court room drama, you needn't worry about it being too much.

I think you wrote the court scenes brilliantly, no need to worry about that. What I worry about is, where´s Michael? How can he be missing from the court? Asher needs his support and he should be there, but I´m sure he has a very good reason to stay away. Looking forward finding it out next week.

I believe that just because no one else saw Michael head toward Asher doesn't mean that Asher didn't see correctly. I'm sure Michael wasn't the focus of anyone but Asher once Asher became distressed. Getting to the front of the court was probably close to impossible from Michael's position. Seems he might have left to accomplish something else. Isn't that right, K.C.?  :P

I really enjoyed reading your lovely story of Asher and Michael. Must say that I´m  tiny bit disappointed that I wasn´t invited to the wedding. But never mind that, I´m glad they got married and Asher had an opportunity to follow his dream with a man he loves.

It´s been such an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it  :thumbup:   

• Like 1

:lol: Someone just pointed out that I was still an Author when I started posting this story, then became Promising Author and then promoted to Signature Author all within a year while writing this story.  Toss in winning the Readers Choice Award....wow!  I guess these characters brought me lots of luck and success ;)

• Like 1