Yes, Mann, Wednesday! :P  Rustle is putting the last polishing edit to make sure it shines.  ((Without him, I would look like a dumbass :lmao: ))

Thanks Suvitar! I had to go back and re-read it myself when I got back to writing it had been so long.  :(  I'm really sorry.  I'm glad that you're still excited about the story! :D

• Like 1

Thanks Suvitar! I had to go back and re-read it myself when I got back to writing it had been so long.  :(  I'm really sorry.  I'm glad that you're still excited about the story! :D

Don´t be sorry. As much as I´ve missed reading your story, I know you have had a good reason not writing it lately. I´m glad you are feeling better and writing again.  :)  Looking forward to Wednesday  :read: 

Wow.... now I'm nervous! LOL

New Chapter "Birthday Surprise" is now posted: Pour Me Another

I can't thank you guys enough for being so understanding.  Your support is what kept me going.  I'm not going to lie, it was tough and at a few points I was worried I wouldn't get to this point, but I'm still here!!!! :D

Let me know what you think....and.....there is more to come! ;)

• Like 3

The responses to the new chapter have been amazing!!! I'm thrilled that so many people are still reading /  following / reviewing.....and more important LOVING this story.  I really feel this is the best story I have ever written and I'm glad to hear you guys like it.

I'm working on getting the next chapter ready.  Just gotta do some polishing and it should be ready to post on Wednesday. 

Thanks again for all your support!!! :hug:

• Like 4

Yes, Mann, Wednesday! :P  Rustle is putting the last polishing edit to make sure it shines.  ((Without him, I would look like a dumbass :lmao: ))

Folks, don't believe him. His work is so clean when it gets to me, it sparkles. Like glitter.

KC's right about one thing, though. This is the best story he's ever written.

Edited by rustle
  • Like 1

:gikkle:  :gikkle: :gikkle: Rustle, You realize people are going to think I paid you to say that :rofl:  :gikkle:  :gikkle: :gikkle:  

(Was the $100 enough or will you need more?) :P

• Like 3

You know what I don't understand? Michae's already been outed at work. What difference can it make if the boss sees him with Asher now?

Actually, Michael has only come out to Lana the nice elderly HR co-worker.  The rumor mill has been stirred up with some of the crap Leon was spreading, but Michael has been protective of keeping his work life and home life separate. He's careful and keeps his guard up around people he knows but has been slowly letting them down around strangers.  We've seen some progress with Michael over last few chapters, but when confronted face to face he reacts badly!

Quote from Chapter 14:

Lana patted his hand as she explained, “When I was hired here at Johnson & Ashcroft, I spent years fighting William Ashcroft over his narrow-minded homophobic views.  He believed that same sex couples didn’t deserve equal family benefits, the same as traditional couples have.  Mr. Ashcroft might still have his old school values, but I’ve worked hard to ensure that every employee here at J & A has the same rights regardless of who they share their life with.”

Thanks for your thoughts, Irritable! :D

• Like 2

OMG I had completely forgotten about Lana!  That makes it so much worse! So he's got HR on his side and he's STILL using career consequences as a reason for pushing his partner away from him? Are you kidding me? DTMFA, Asher!  :pissed:

Chapter-27

The confrontation was sudden and surprising, and unplanned for. People make mistakes when that happens and Michael did, but Asher reacted, and poorly in my opinion. Michael's stumbling is far easier to understand than is Asher's indictment.

• Like 1

Chapter-27

The confrontation was sudden and surprising, and unplanned for. People make mistakes when that happens and Michael did, but Asher reacted, and poorly in my opinion. Michael's stumbling is far easier to understand than is Asher's indictment.

Maybe it's a gender thing??? I can't understand how a character can be aggressive enough to punch someone in the face but unable to stand up for his partner.

Edit: but possibly the heat here is getting to me. I'll stop raving now...

Edited by Irritable1

Started it last night and just finished up with ch. 27. Loving this story from the 1st chapter KC. Gotta love a story that makes me want to yell at the mc's as I am reading it. Not-so-patiently waiting for the next chapter :-) 

• Like 1

They had such a lovely time together. Michel was finally feeling secure enough to hold Ash`s hand in public and not caring what people thought about them. And then all of a sudden he sees his homophobic boss. Michel panics and claims Ash to be just a friend. Ash on the other hand had finally reached to a conclusion that Michel really cares for him and wants to be with him and more importantly can be trusted. I can understand why they both reacted the way they did, but I do hope they can talk about it and get back together. They are a really lovely couple. And Michel needs to start look for another job or stand up for his boss.     

• Like 1

When I write and create characters I really try to ask myself what would I do?? I can understand Michael's reaction, both of his worlds just collided...big time! He's scared and his reaction was bad.  If I was Asher, I would have punched Michael in the gut before walking away.  ((that's just me :P ))

Michael is comfortable being gay around people that don't know him, he's slowly poking his toes out of the closet and so far he's been accepted.  Ian really hit it on the head, what will Michael do if he's confronted with hostility? He crumbled, he coward, he might have lost the best thing in his life.

Sooooooooo where does that leave us? Michael is scared and hurt.  Asher is angry and feels betrayed.  Will these guys get their shit together before it's too late??

...................To Be Continued.......Tomorrow :D

• Like 1

Oooops I did it again!! :P I screwed up my first 2 attempts to post todays chapter :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

But I got it to work!!! :D  Hot off the press:

Pour Me Another  Brand-Spanking-New Chapter

This is the aftermath of last week.  Emotions are high.  Anger, pain, betrayal are all raw and very close to the surface.

Go Read and then join me back here with your questions, concerns or just to hang out! :thumbup:

Thanks MommaB! :D  I'm always worried that reader won't like the story.

You will get more Dave, I promise! LOL There is going to be......................what can I say without spoiling it??? There will be more! :P  I'm glad you're liking it. :D

• Like 1

Chapter-27

Chapter-28

My opinion of Asher (who was a completely likeable and defensible character) has descended even lower in this chapter. He not only doesn't face the issue with Michael, he talks to Ziggy about his and Michael's sex life—crude, dude—and uses the trial as a crutch to further justify his avoidance. On the other side of the equation, Michael's emotional and drunken fiasco at Milo's and Ian's home is a perfectly acceptable, and time-worn form, of dealing with an issue that won't be dealt with—a little sloppy, but you make your point.

• Like 2