Weirdest Christmas Presents?

Thorn Wilde

So, Sasha started a topic on what sort of nice stuff everyone got. I want to know what sort of weird stuff you all got! I mean, we all have that one relative or friend who just gives really odd presents. Not necessarily bad presents, just stuff that you'd never think to ask for or want or ever buy for yourself, and that make you wonder, why on Earth would this person get me this? 

Mine was from my brothers' mum. She got me The Encyclopaedia of 5000 Spells. Yup, you read that right. A bona fide spell book, with spells and incantations from pretty much all cultures and all eras. It has instructions on how to make magic mirrors, bind familiars, make a woman stay in the house (!) and curse your enemies. Now, I have absolutely no problem with people who believe in magic or practice Wicca or anything like that, but I don't. (I would call myself a skeptic, except that puts me in the same category as several douchebags I'm not interested in being associated with.) Neither, as far as I know or can possibly imagine (and I've known this woman since I was born), does my brothers' mum. So what in the name of everything unholy would make her think to buy me this book?

Of course, flipping through it I've come up with all kinds of interesting fantasy and horror story ideas, so I'll definitely have to thank her the next time I see her for getting me such an awesome gift! :P

• Like 2

I work with children and they usually just give me chocolates and candles....did also get a bar of soap this year.

This year one family gave me a present that wasn´t weird as such but...It was a torch (flashlight) which is very useful but it is pink and in the package it said a lady torch. Why would women need their own torches and in pink? So now I have a small and pink torch. Pink has never been my colour anyway  :P

• Like 1

Nothing too odd this year, but last year my father got us a gigantic tic-tac-toe game.  It's about two foot square with a wooden game board and heavy metal x's and o's.  It's the sort of random thing an interior designer would use to stage a home in a photo shoot.  He gave my brothers the same thing so now when you go to any of our houses, you'll see a huge tic-tac-toe game.  This is the sort of thing my brothers and I bond over - strange gifts from Dad. 

• Like 3

My sister wove me...something.  It's just a rectangular piece of fabric that she wove.  I asked her what it was for and she just said, "It's for Christmas!"  Super cute. XD From my cousins I got a pencil.  It was a joke gift.  The joke was that it was "Made in China" har har har :P

I'm not really sure weird covers it.  A friend of mine at work (who I have known for about fifteen years), gave me a Harry Potter tea-cosy.

Now I have nothing against HP, but neither Brett nor I drink tea.  Never have, probably never will.  She has never seen me even drink tea!

Not quite sure what she was thinking  :/

Edited by andy021278

Nothing weird this year but the weirdest thing would have to be the rainbow colored chess board.  It was before I came out and while I was dealing with some religious issues.  It was also not meant as a sign of support but more of a snide jab in the ribs so I wasn't really happy about it.

About 3 or 4 years ago my brother and his GF got me a very colorful hardcover book of maps and stuff of The Pirates of the Caribbean. For ages 10 and up.

I question their sobriety during shopping excursions sometimes.

• Like 1

my crazy aunt bought my dad a cork board cut out map of the world. for some reason.... she once bought us a battery organiser...

my other-mother bought me a Sanctuary Candle and i have no idea why...

• Like 1

my crazy aunt bought my dad a cork board cut out map of the world. for some reason.... she once bought us a battery organiser...

my other-mother bought me a Sanctuary Candle and i have no idea why...

I know the feeling! One year they bought me a shower radio. Like I need to start dancing in the morning on a slippery surface...

I know the feeling! One year they bought me a shower radio. Like I need to start dancing in the morning on a slippery surface...

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! I have a shower radio and it's the best thing I've had so far. Although it did add 45 minutes to my daily routine, but who cares! Brushing my teeth had never been the same! And taking a dump had been a blessing in disguise. Instead of being bothered that I have a loose bowel syndrome, whenever I hear the song 'My Heart Will Go On!', I just sing along Celine Dion and I forget my worries that I might have the runs.

Of course I'm bloody joking. Except the me singing alone Celine Dion. That -- I am guilty, though.

Last year, my uncle sent me an Alabama jersey, beer hugger, and cap.  I was puzzled.  He mailed me his son's gift.  His son got a Thomas Kincaid throw. And night light.  Needless to say, we mailed our gifts to each other. lol

• Like 3

One Christmas someone brought the flu bug to the family gathering and kindly gave it to most people there.

Just got a call from my in-laws. Apparently flu was re-gifted this year.

Edited by ntm1967

Thorn- maybe bro's mum thought it would be a cool reference for your stories?

This year everything was fairly normal ( to my great surprise ) but last year hubbies mom gave me an in bottle wine chiller and pourer. You freeze the silly thing then insert it into a bottle of wine to pour and chill at the same time. Nice thought - if i drank wine. My one glass of wine a year will do nicely with an ice cube ty.

Thorn- maybe bro's mum thought it would be a cool reference for your stories?

This year everything was fairly normal ( to my great surprise ) but last year hubbies mom gave me an in bottle wine chiller and pourer. You freeze the silly thing then insert it into a bottle of wine to pour and chill at the same time. Nice thought - if i drank wine. My one glass of wine a year will do nicely with an ice cube ty.

See, that sounds pretty awesome to me. I hate getting a bottle of white wine and not having time to chill it. Could be great for picnics in summer, too. :P

Thing is, she doesn't really know that I write, so it's still a little weird. But I figure she just thought it would be funny. :P

i never got any weird christmas presents to my memory....

Although i can list a few presents that would be weird...

An octopod with identity issues...

a Pet... tarantula for your daughter....

A venis Fly trap...

a boyfriend in bondage wear....

btw Thorn Wilde that book sounds cool! i want a copy now :o

I got a pop-up book of illustrations about celebrity scandals like Britney Spears' meltdown and Mel Gibson's racist rants.

did it include Janet Jackson's Wardrobe Malfunction :evil: