Timmy's Terrible Prompt Stories by TimothyM

Thanks Drew, I think you're right, and I like the option of writing something short and light in between my two 'serious' romance epics. As long as my readers don't abandon the story. :unsure:

Tim, none of us will ever abandon your stories :hug: what I think is your stories are still read... But by "silent" readers (rarely leaving a like or review).

As for views... My Drama teacher once told me as long as your play impacts one audience member, that's all that matters :kiss:

• Like 1

Tim, none of us will ever abandon your stories :hug: what I think is your stories are still read... But by "silent" readers (rarely leaving a like or review).

As for views... My Drama teacher once told me as long as your play impacts one audience member, that's all that matters :kiss:

LOL, Drew, I know my friends will never abandon my stories. But thanks for the reassurance. :hug: I'm fine with my silent readers too - in fact I love all my readers and I don't want to disappoint them by not posting chapters. So that's why I wanted to bring it up here, in order to warn you about even less frequent postings. But I should probably also warn readers in a chapter end note.

Another two reviews will bring the story to 440 reviews or in average 10 pr chapter. It's sitting safely on the 14th place of most reviewed stories. :D

However, I can see both views, likes and reviews are gradually decreasing for each chapter. This is quite natural, I guess, but perhaps also a result of the random posting of chapters. Or maybe I'm losing momentum ?

I'm trying to make up my mind on how to keep going. There are not a lot of suitable first line prompts left, and I want to focus on CC and my new story (PPC) starting next week. As Kitt says, juggling three stories at the same time is not a good idea.

What do you think? Is it OK to write the occasional chapter when I get inspired by a prompt? Or should I make an effort to finish the story by writing two or three longer chapters?

I think people (and I include myself in this) sometimes stop reading an 'in process' story for a while if the author doesn't update regularly (regular intervals I mean).  That's not to say that people stop liking the story, just that some may be waiting for you to post a few chapters then binge reading those.  That's what I do for some stories I read.  That said, i don't do that with my friends stories ;) 

I think people (and I include myself in this) sometimes stop reading an 'in process' story for a while if the author doesn't update regularly (regular intervals I mean).  That's not to say that people stop liking the story, just that some may be waiting for you to post a few chapters then binge reading those.  That's what I do for some stories I read.  That said, i don't do that with my friends stories ;)

That's a very good point, LL. And particularly with short chapters like this. In any case, most chapters have at least 200 views, which is quite good. Until ch. 24 all of them have more than 500 views and then it sort of gradually declines.

That's a very good point, LL. And particularly with short chapters like this. In any case, most chapters have at least 200 views, which is quite good. Until ch. 24 all of them have more than 500 views and then it sort of gradually declines.

I think you'll find that number will increase after you post another chapter or two.  You'll get the binge readers back on board by then.  

I think posting less frequently when the mood strikes between the two biggies would work so long as you warn everyone (meaning those that don't hang with us loonie tunes).

So, does this mean Patrick is coming out of hiding?

Edited by Kitt

I think posting less frequently when the mood strikes between the two biggies would work so long as you warn everyone (meaning those that don't hang with us loonie tunes).

So, does this mean Patrick is coming out of hiding?

:heart:  - I had two likes, but then I ran out again. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'll try to get a Rob chapter done soon (I got inspired by the reviews) and then I'll do a Chapter End Note to warn of (even more) infrequent posting.

Re Patrick: it sure does ! Check your email, dear Editor. ;)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

OK, I shall look for it tomorrow. I'm off to bed, it's been a long day. Thank you, my friends, for a fun evening both here and in my prompt forum. Don't forget to tell me which suggestion for a new story title you like (Gary provided a long list).

Take care :hug:  good night. :sleep:

Goodnight Tim :hug:

• Like 1

I've chosen my three favorites from Gary's list :)

I like those too... I don't know that any of my list is the right one, but "Boys will be Boys" and "Along for the Ride" were what I came up with first, and I have an affinity for the title "Locked Doors, Unlocked Hearts"... I originally came up with "Unlocked Doors and Unlocked Hearts"  but I'm not sure if it or its variation would be a good choice for this story or not :unsure:

I like those too... I don't know that any of my list is the right one, but "Boys will be Boys" and "Along for the Ride" were what I came up with first, and I have an affinity for the title "Locked Doors, Unlocked Hearts"... I originally came up with "Unlocked Doors and Unlocked Hearts"  but I'm not sure if it or its variation would be a good choice for this story or not :unsure:

I like "Locked Doors, Unlocked Hearts" but I really had to narrow down my favorites :)

:thankyou: I spent all my likes on the new Valentine stories so here's a bunch of :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:  for your posts.

I'm trying to decide between Boys will be boys, He Means Well, and Closed Doors, Open Hearts. I think I'll have to write the next chapter and see which of them I can work into the text.

(OH and this was my post no 3333 :D )

Edited by Timothy M.

I'm with the rest on this, write more when you can, this is a good story, my favorite among yours, and there is more to tell but I understand the need to focus on the bigger stories.

Wait till you read Patrick and Peter's story. You may change your mind on favorites!  (Yes, I am commenting on advanced knowledge!)

:thankyou: I spent all my likes on the new Valentine stories so here's a bunch of :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:  for your posts.

I'm trying to decide between Boys will be boys, He Means Well, and Closed Doors, Open Hearts. I think I'll have to write the next chapter and see which of them I can work into the text.

You have already gotten the closed doors into the story. All you need to add is the open hearts!

Can we add a poll? Somewhere along the lines of:

Which title do you prefer:

• He Means Well
  • Boys Will be Boys
  • Closed Doors, Open Hearts
  • and so on...

Of course, the topic will explain why Tim is changing the title of his story.

We can post it in the lounge and allow the members to vote which they like best :)

Can we add a poll? Somewhere along the lines of:

Which title do you prefer:

• He Means Well
  • Boys Will be Boys
  • Closed Doors, Open Hearts
  • and so on...

Of course, the topic will explain why Tim is changing the title of his story.

We can post it in the lounge and allow the members to vote which they like best :)

LOL, Drew no other poll needed than what we are doing here, and I've already explained why in this topic.

All right :) I just wanted to open it your other readers, especially if they don't often visit discussion forums.

You're so sweet, Drewbear. :hug: But if they can't be bothered to check in here, then they don't get a say. But of course I'll add a note to the chapter to explain the name change.

• Like 1

Okay, after thinking about a new title, I am with Kitt, I want this story to become Closed Doors, Open Hearts :D

Oh, and Tim, you said you'll one day write a story on Rob at college, well I think He Means Well will fit perfectly for that :)

Edited by Drew Espinosa