Timmy's Terrible Prompt Stories by TimothyM

out of likes so :heart:

I'd love that, but maybe we should save that title for a Rob-in-college story? :lol:

It's not about his Robgasms but ours, so the title is fully appropriate.

ROBgasms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I have a Nelson and Eric chapter ready to post. Should I slip it in before the Valentine's Day Contest?

Oh and I'm still hoping for a good suggestion for a story name.

Tim, is it Valentine themed? If so, I'm kinda leaning towards posting it on the 14th or around there. On the other hand, it could be buried by the Secret Admirer stories.

It's up to you :hug:

As for the title... Hmm, I'm trying to think of something more original than The Perry Brothers. Tim, it's hard for me to come up with titles. :*)

No, it's not Valentine themed - although the boys are having a lovely time. :lol:

so that's why I thought of posting it now, before the contests starts on Friday. (as in right now before I go to bed)

Don't worry about the title, after all it's my job as an author to think of one.

Edited by Timothy M.

No, it's not Valentine themed - although the boys are having a lovely time. :lol:

so that's why I thought of posting it now, before the contests starts on Friday. (as in right now before I go to bed)

Don't worry about the title, after all it's my job as an author to think of one.

My vote: post it now :)

and Tim, have a goodnight :hug: Sweet Dreams :kiss:

I've been thinking about the title question. My first thought was 'My brother's keeper' since it both signals the nature of the relationship between the brothers and also the group as a whole, looking after each other. It is however a bit on the serious side for a story that deals with big issues in a seemingly light way. I feel it lacks a bit of 'dude'-ness...

My other idea was 'I got your back', if indeed kids say that these days... A bit more relaxed.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about the title question. My first thought was 'My brother's keeper' since it both signals the nature of the relationship between the brothers and also the group as a whole, looking after each other. It is however a bit on the serious side for a story that deals with big issues in a seemingly light way. I feel it lacks a bit of 'dude'-ness...

My other idea was 'I got your back', if indeed kids say that these days... A bit more relaxed.

It's a good point about the suitability of the title to the content of the story. Perhaps I should call it 'Annoyingly helpful older brother for sale' :lol:

Well that was certainly a nice surprise and fun chapter.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, dugh. Thanks for dropping by to let me know. :hug:

• Like 1

Older Brother for Sale works! Problem is you haven't made a sales pitch yet! Maybe you can fix that in the next chapter.

Yes please. When will the auction take place? What's the asking price?

Depends. Want Rob for a day, week, or month? ;)

:huh::blink: Oh ! :*)  Eehhhm, I didn't quite mean it like that. :facepalm:

But I can see how it could be easily misunderstood. Perhaps my subconscious speaking... :lol:

• Like 2

:huh::blink: Oh ! :*)  Eehhhm, I didn't quite mean it like that. :facepalm:

But I can see how it could be easily misunderstood. Perhaps my subconscious speaking...  :lol:

LOL Neither did I!  I was thinking of something my grams used to threaten my little brother with. Something on the lines of if he didn't knock it off and behave she was going to sell him to the gypsies.

• Like 1

Some title suggestions:

"Boys Will Be Boys"

"Along for the Ride"

"My Brother the Bulldozer" :funny:

"Locked Doors, Unlocked Hearts"

"Building Boundaries"

"Strength in Numbers"

"Not My Brother's Shadow"

"Baseballs and Ponytails"

"He Means Well"

I'll keep thinking on it...

• Like 4

Another two reviews will bring the story to 440 reviews or in average 10 pr chapter. It's sitting safely on the 14th place of most reviewed stories. :D

However, I can see both views, likes and reviews are gradually decreasing for each chapter. This is quite natural, I guess, but perhaps also a result of the random posting of chapters. Or maybe I'm losing momentum ?

I'm trying to make up my mind on how to keep going. There are not a lot of suitable first line prompts left, and I want to focus on CC and my new story (PPC) starting next week. As Kitt says, juggling three stories at the same time is not a good idea.

What do you think? Is it OK to write the occasional chapter when I get inspired by a prompt? Or should I make an effort to finish the story by writing two or three longer chapters?

Going to leave my review now!

Some title suggestions:

"Boys Will Be Boys"

"Along for the Ride"

"My Brother the Bulldozer" :funny:

"Locked Doors, Unlocked Hearts"

"Building Boundaries"

"Strength in Numbers"

"Not My Brother's Shadow"

"Baseballs and Ponytails"

"He Means Well"

I'll keep thinking on it...

I like "Not My Brother's Shadow" but that would mean Tim should pull away from Rob more in the chapters, or the story would in fact be in Rob's shadow :o

• Like 1

Going to leave my review now!

I like "Not My Brother's Shadow" but that would mean Tim should pull away from Rob more in the chapters, or the story would in fact be in Rob's shadow :o

out of likes so :heart:  and double :heart: for a great review.

I like the idea of the story being in Rob's shadow. :lol:

• Like 1

Another two reviews will bring the story to 440 reviews or in average 10 pr chapter. It's sitting safely on the 14th place of most reviewed stories. :D

However, I can see both views, likes and reviews are gradually decreasing for each chapter. This is quite natural, I guess, but perhaps also a result of the random posting of chapters. Or maybe I'm losing momentum ?

I'm trying to make up my mind on how to keep going. There are not a lot of suitable first line prompts left, and I want to focus on CC and my new story (PPC) starting next week. As Kitt says, juggling three stories at the same time is not a good idea.

What do you think? Is it OK to write the occasional chapter when I get inspired by a prompt? Or should I make an effort to finish the story by writing two or three longer chapters?

Tim, I like the spontaneity of this story :) Tim, only end this story when it feels natural :hug: as for running out of prompts, maybe we as your readers can suggest some. :)
  • Like 2

Tim, I like the spontaneity of this story :) Tim, only end this story when it feels natural :hug: as for running out of prompts, maybe we as your readers can suggest some. :)

Thanks Drew, I think you're right, and I like the option of writing something short and light in between my two 'serious' romance epics. As long as my readers don't abandon the story. :unsure: