Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

Well my cherry didn't work yet so I am now rereading paternity waiting for new chapter :,(

Cherries are to be savored... :huh: Maybe Mark likes the anticipation :P

I'm sure it will eventually. :) Mark doesn't appear to have been online since the 16th. His presence is a crucial component of the scheme. ;)

Out of likes, but yeah, his presence is a requirement..................................................... dammit.............. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Re chapter 17: if Will was going to give the condo below Brad's condo, why buy the other ones on each floor?

I can guess he bought the land around his house in Hawaii to keep the snoops outside the viewing area. That's an easy decision. It's all those condos in SF that is confusing me.

• Like 2

Re chapter 17: if Will was going to give the condo below Brad's condo, why buy the other ones on each floor?

I can guess he bought the land around his house in Hawaii to keep the snoops outside the viewing area. That's an easy decision. It's all those condos in SF that is confusing me.

Maybe he plans to keep them for himself to keep an eye on the unhappy couple? :unsure2:

He did complain about the lack of guest rooms.

Edited by impunity
  • Like 2

Maybe he plans to keep them for himself to keep an eye on the unhappy couple? :unsure2:

He did complain about the lack of guest rooms.

Maybe he has plans to join them... make it another enclave for the family. He also considers Marc a friend, and maybe figures the only chance he and Brad have, is if Marc is independent, and a challenge for Brad... not someone who is indebted to him. This condo isn't a gift... he will be paying for it with work that will likely be worth more than the condo someday. There IS a lot about Marc that Brad likes.... Will, for all his youth, is a good judge of people and especially intuitive as to what his dad needs... but what the hell do I know  :unsure: 

• Like 4

I tend to lean to Impunity's explanation at this point.  These condo's seem a tad limited on space, unlike the complex back in the Chicago area when JP was teaching at Northwestern, and those they broke through walls and combined several units to have the space they wished.

Perhaps the units on the same floor as Brad's is destined for a similar fate?

• Like 2

Thoughts:

1.) I couldn't love JJ's current storyline any more than I already do. The thought of him becoming a NYC socialite and major patron of fashion seems incredibly right for his character. After all of JJ's depressing storylines, I'm glad that he's in for just some good old fashioned fun and (possible) romance. Let the kid just enjoy being young, good-looking, rich, and living in one amazing city instead of all this angst. JJ looks to be in for some fun times! Yay!

2.) It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of Zac Posen. I like it when Mark threads real people in, although they usually don't get much more than a cameo.

3.) I liked JJ noting the pastels and layers, which is going to become a big theme of mid-2000's fashion. I like the idea of JJ being able to "sense" upcoming trends- I would bet anything he's already stopped spiking his hair, which is about to fall out of favor pretty soon.

4.) That phone call between Brad and Marc was hilarious. Brad was just so callously mean, and I kept picturing Chace Crawford's adorable gayface red with anger and laughing my ass off.

5.) Damn. It's weird to see Brad actually hanging out with people his own age again. I loved the Dallas remark- shame about the reboot. I think my family called me J.R. growing up as a result of that show. Anyway, Buzz seems like he could be significant, or he could be a red herring and quickly leave. You never know with Mark.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4

Everyone stop what you are doing and put on your tin foil body armour on and read Private Tim's review right now.

What IF Buzz was part of Mommie Dearest plan? :o

Take note: everyone was planning to be far and away from JJ before ME's wedding. She had the layout long before JJ decided to be with Alex after the wedding.

• Like 3

Everyone stop what you are doing and put on your tin foil body armour on and read Private Tim's review right now.

Take note: everyone was planning to be far and away from JJ before ME's wedding. She had the layout long before JJ decided to be with Alex after the wedding.

My tin foil suit is always at the ready :huh: It would be a hell of a twist, if she infiltrates using Buzz... although I'm not seeing it as yet, blackmail is a powerful tool, so I guess it's possible. The thing that comes to mind, which Brad commented on, is Stefan's infallible instinct. After all these years, shouldn't we have faith in that? And he doesn't get distracted when it comes to business... :unsure: Right??

• Like 3

What if Buzz is part of the plan, and he doesn't even know it? Now THAT would be some Machiavellian shit right there.

• Like 3

I'm not sure whether JJ is done with skating or not, but regardless it has given him a desperately needed ego boost. He's been successful, phenomenally successful, so even if things don't work out in other walks of his life, he can hang his hat on that. Like so many skaters have. ;-)

It's pretty cool that for JJ, no matter what, he can say he was the national champion at the age of 17. Not too many guys can say that. That's something real and lasting. There are probably thousands if not tens of thousands of kids who gave up their childhood and didn't get to that point.

JJ is turning out to be a fun character to write. Wasn't sure that would end up being the case.

Well, the whiny, isolated bitchy queen he was in Millennium through Paternity would have made a terrible protagonist, but I like how you've let this kid basically simmer and grow up on the periphery, until he was ready to be a protagonist. It's honestly felt like the growing up process with JJ- you can clearly see his progression as a person through the stories, and how JJ's gotten to the point where he's actually someone you might want to be around and get inside his head, but at the same time, he's still recognizable as the bitchy little kid who couldn't stand Gathan. I think the fact that you let JJ stay a background character until 9/11 really worked here. He just wasn't ready until then, and he's become a lot more fun now that he's kind of been pushed out of his isolated bubble.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..