Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Black Widow (Story Discussion)

I liked the ending line of this chapter, and I'm curious what will happen next, This feels unfinished, yet like we're wrapping up this particular storyline.

Edited by B1ue
  • Like 2

OK

:thankyou:  :thankyou: :thankyou:

I liked the ending line of this chapter, and I'm curious what will happen next, This feels unfinished, yet like we're wrapping up this particular storyline.

As did I.  But I can't see Mark letting Alex's Dad and ED get away unpunished, unless he has an entire next book planned around that twist.

I am sedriously hoping we are just at the beginning of Operation Get Ahead after we finish Operation Get Even.

• Like 3

“Let us hope that karma catches up with them,” Grand said, much too obliquely.

I don't think this story is winding up at all. I think Mark is just getting going. I think, from the quote above, JP has something up his sleeve. He is ruthless, and we haven't seen that side of him in a while. Will may get a lesson in revenge from a master.

We still have the fallout from JJ's court case against ME, and the repercussions for the Grangers. Brad 's back and gunning for someone. I foresee lots of twists and drama.

Brilliant stuff, keep 'em coming.

• Like 4

JJ needs to stop being so passive aggressive about his feelings for Carullo; but first he needs to figure out what those feeling are really. I think in a lot of ways, Carullo would be the one that got hurt if they got involved and it did not end well... JJ is much stronger than most people seem to realize.

I'm annoyed at it as well, but it makes sense that JJ would be passive-aggressive and bitchy rather than spelling it all out, because I think he's confused about it as well.

I also agree that I think Carullo would be the one hurt, not JJ. As seen by his deceased boyfriend Joey, Carullo is capable of being a devoted boyfriend. So if he became that with JJ, rather than just a fuck buddy, what happens if the whole thing fizzles out? (Because really, they don't have much in common.)

What I like about this whole thing is that it's so unplanned. JJ calculated so much of his relationship with Alex, basically playing the blushing virgin (which he basically was) and played on Alex's Madonna/Whore complex. Here, JJ's having feelings for a guy he know he shouldn't be having feelings for, and he wants to control the whole thing, but he can't.

I feel like that's JJ's general story arc- a tightly wound, tightly controlled guy who tries very hard to ignore his feelings, being put into this whole new way of life and with love interests that haven't been thought out to death.

If JJ does end up in a relationship with Carullo, sooner or later he's probably going to get annoyed that both his lovers had previously slept with one of his brothers.

That would make an interesting discussion with Will, especially considering it is no secret that he and Carullo have been an on again off again thing over several years. (It started when Carullo was still at Stanford.)  JJ would have a right to be pissy about it if he wasn't aware and then suddenly found out. He is a smart young man. I can't see him not doing the math when Carullo, Zach and Will all shared a room.

That would make an interesting discussion with Will, especially considering it is no secret that he and Carullo have been an on again off again thing over several years. (It started when Carullo was still at Stanford.) JJ would have a right to be pissy about it if he wasn't aware and then suddenly found out. He is a smart young man. I can't see him not doing the math when Carullo, Zach and Will all shared a room.

He doesn't have to do the math; he witnessed it first-hand last time Will was in NYC.

I think you may have misinterpreted my comment. JJ is well aware that Will has slept with Carullo (as above) and Matt slept with Alex (from the Madonna-whore conversation). I just don't know if he will have thought it through that he'd be two for two with guys who have slept with his brothers.

Edited by impunity
  • Like 1

I think you may have misinterpreted my comment. JJ is well aware that Will has slept with Carullo (as above) and Matt slept with Alex (from the Madonna-whore conversation). I just don't know if he will have thought it through that he'd be two for two with guys who have slept with his brothers.

Fair point, but I think if JJ keeps going for guys he meets through his family he's going to have to get used to guys that have slept with one or more of this brothers.. or fathers... or grandfathers. hehe. I love the the CAP'verse. 

• Like 2

He doesn't have to do the math; he witnessed it first-hand last time Will was in NYC.

The idea of sleeping with anyone my brothers have... well, it creeps me out. I know they would feel the same way. My two sons would never sleep with anyone the other slept with. I heard them talk about it.  But this is CAP. JJ strikes me as maybe eventually wanting someone who haven't run through his brothers/family yet. But I could be wrong, although I can't see him willingly sharing someone after what he went through with ME and Alex. That was a f----ing mess.

• Like 4

Did Darius ever sleep with ME?

No, I don't think so (??). Only Matt did... So really, all his recent liasons have been 'brother-certified' :huh: ( That's if he sleeps with John)

Come to think of it, didn't Will sleep with one of the skaters JJ fooled around with? And for some reason, Alistair comes to mind as well... help... we need more info...

Edited by Headstall

No, I don't think so (??). Only Matt did...

Come to think of it, didn't Will sleep with one of the skaters JJ fooled around with? And for some reason, Alistair comes to mind as well... help... we need more info...

Ha! I knew someone had! :yes:I can't believe I forgot it was Matt. Thanks for the reminder.

I believe that Alex was JJ's first real sexual experience (given that the molesting coach didn't "count"). He would never have gotten involved with another skater with the risk involved; he was just pissed off that Will did.

• Like 1

Did Darius ever sleep with ME?

I'm pretty sure he did.

In Flux, they met at the graduation parties Darius followed ME back east for "parties". Matt commented that he couldn't be held responsible for having slept with ME as far as Darius was concerned because he did it first. Darius later comments that he spent too much time with her - when explaining to Brad he can't go from 0 - 60 in relationships in no time at all. 

In Streak, JJ also calls and asks Darius for permission before sleeping with ME. 

We didn't get the story from Darius POV, so maybe they didn't actually have sex... but I think it was heavily implied. 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..