hohochan are you the ‘Damsel in distress’ (I don’t know how to re-gender that: Hansel? Dancer? Damien?) that Alek has tied up? He’s been keeping you in the dark, hasn’t he!

Just hold on for a little bit longer! Corey and Marty will rescue you on the way to rescuing Liam! I think they have a silver cape for you too…

Edited by Former Member

I've really been enjoying the tangent this thread has taken :lol:  I've actually roughly sketched out a few scenes based on the whole 'villain/damsel/traintrack' theme LOL  I have to say, Alek looks hilarious twirling his moustache and laughing maniacally :P

Hey Lit, in this latest chapter, you refer to Alek's full name as "Aleksei" and "Alexei"

I know these are both accepted spellings of the name, but I figured his full name would be spelled as Aleksei, since his nickname is Alek. Just letting you know. :hug:

Thank you!  I'll have to go back and change that.  

• Like 4

Well, first you have to buy or rent a Segway. Then you just step on it and lean forward a little bit!  ;-)

How you’d segue into a scene about Segways would be more difficult.  ;-)

But we’ve already got a werewolf tying up Damsels and leaving them on railroad tracks to tenderize them while laughing maniacally, so a Segway would probably go unnoticed…  ;-)

See, this is what happens when I try to answer reviews on my phone.... a phone that LOVES to autocorrect everything  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I grew up in a culture that deals with ‘embarassments’ like Alek’s orientation by trying to make sure no one outside the family ever finds out about the ‘secret.’ The topic would never be brought up and it would take its place among all the other elephants gathering dust, leaving few subjects available for discussion.

Different cultures handle conflict in very different ways. But cultures change when families move to the US or Canada and are exposed to other ways of thinking and alternate strategies for dealing with individuals who refuse to follow traditional paths and behave in ways not accepted in ‘the old country.’ Alek’s sisters are examples of that change.

Parts of my own family are more comfortable with my being Gay. My brothers are somewhat less accepting than my favorite aunt & uncle and some cousins, but more than my parents were. Families are always… ‘interesting.’

Edited by Former Member

hohochan are you the ‘Damsel in distress’ (I don’t know how to re-gender that: Hansel? Dancer? Damien?) that Alek has tied up? He’s been keeping you in the dark, hasn’t he!

Just hold on for a little bit longer! Corey and Marty will rescue you on the way to rescuing Liam! I think they have a silver cape for you too…

Dear Drought,

This Hoho is hardly a damsel in distress, but a full fledged DRAMA QUEEN (on paper only, I'd never contemplate such antics in real life). If I were to be tied onto a railroad track, I would have screamed so loud the the metal track would shatter and I'd have easily escaped ...

• Like 4

Hmmm. A closet Drama Queen.

I’ve heard of opera singers hitting a note that shatters a crystal goblet, but is there such a thing as steel crystals?

Maybe you’re an Ice Queen – extreme cold can cause the steel to shatter! (Heat can cause track to distort and go out of gauge.)

:whistle: Let it go! Let it go! Whatever the lyrics are…

Hmmmmffff... Talk of Ice queens and I get accused of going off on a tangent  :rolleyes:

It can be tough when a family is from a culture that is less than accepting of differences.  Alek's parents are first generation Russian immigrants, and hold to their ways.  Alek and his sisters were raised in Canada, so their outlook would naturally be different through friends, school, and the overall society they're raised in.  I'm happy this seems to have come across in the story.  

It's a very common story. The migrant parents don't change but the home country does.

• Like 3