• Site Moderator

Oh no! :o The Empress has hearing loss, she is unfit to rule! Luckily I'll take on the burden as regent! :D

Oh no you don't! The Empire is mine all mine - and Nicky's too, of course - you just slink your way back to New Texas, you hear? Oh, and there must be something wrong with your hearing and/or comprehension since you overlooked that I said 'selective hearing'. Maybe, Nicky should takeover your presidential duties again - I mean, New Texans just adore him. :P

:rolleyes:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

I'll help. ;) Even Nathan gets the message Alek is sending.

Chapter 2
“Li….”  Without invitation Aleksei sat on the bed and took hold of his uninjured hand.  “I had to make sure you were okay.  We might have broken up, but I do still love you.”
“I’m sorry how things ended between us.  If I could go back…”
“You’d do what?”  Liam pulled away.  “Tell your parents about me?  About us?  You’d stop treating our relationship like something you’re ashamed of?”  Fuck, he thought he’d worked the bitterness out of his system... guess not. 
Alek leaned close, cupping Liam’s face with a large hand.  “I love you, Liam.  That hasn’t changed.  I fucked up, but I know I can fix this.”

Chapter 3
“Alek?”  Liam laughed, noting how bitter it sounded.  “He’s my ex-boyfriend… with an emphasis on EX.”
“Oh,” Nathan shifted in his chair and looked out the open door.  “I think he might want to change that.”

Chapter 4 (phone call from Alek)
“I know you don’t want to talk to me.  You don’t trust me, and you have every right to feel that way.  I messed up… a lot.  I was a selfish prick, and I hurt you.  I promise I’ll make things right.  I want to be someone who deserves you, even if you never take me back.  I love you, Liam.”
“Alek….”
“I know… I’m sorry,” Alek responded with a sad-sounding sigh.  “I have no right to say that… and I won’t say it again until I can prove it.”

Yes... What Tim said :P Thank you, Tim!!

• Like 4

You're so kind hearted Gary when it comes to seeing the other side of things. Maybe, I should.....nope, not feeling it, can't do it. Alek had me on his side in Unforgivable, but I just don't have it in me to dredge up one ounce of sympathy or him now.  Don't really know why, but I don't foresee that changing any time soon or ever. Hmm...

That's cause Gary has a heart of gold, you have a heart of ice... as befitting of an Empress that sends Russian hitmen against a sexy Russian hockey player. :P

Oh no you don't! The Empire is mine all mine - and Nicky's too, of course - you just slink your way back to New Texas, you hear? Oh, and there must be something wrong with your hearing and/or comprehension since you overlooked that I said 'selective hearing'. Maybe, Nicky should takeover your presidential duties again - I mean, New Texans just adore him. :P

:rolleyes:

I just thought your selective hearing was just a cover. :P  And my New Texan citizens don't adore Nicky, all their love is directed to me! -_-

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 2

Hey Lit, in this latest chapter, you refer to Alek's full name as "Aleksei" and "Alexei"

“Elena, it’s been awhile.”  The last time they’d seen each other was last September at one of the local markets.  She’d skirted around the topic of Aleksei, but it was obvious she was saddened by their breakup.  Elena had reluctantly confirmed her brother was dating a friend of the family.  Judging by her irritation, Liam got the impression it was a sore subject between the siblings. 

“Oh Liam, I heard about your accident.  I was going to call, but….”  Elena cleared her throat and blinked rapidly.  “I wanted to call, but Alexei said we should leave you be.  He didn’t want to upset you any more than he already had.  He thought if we called, you might think….”

I know these are both accepted spellings of the name, but I figured his full name would be spelled as Aleksei, since his nickname is Alek. Just letting you know. :hug:

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 3

I wonder how I could segway into that scene?

Well, first you have to buy or rent a Segway. Then you just step on it and lean forward a little bit!  ;-)

How you’d segue into a scene about Segways would be more difficult.  ;-)

But we’ve already got a werewolf tying up Damsels and leaving them on railroad tracks to tenderize them while laughing maniacally, so a Segway would probably go unnoticed…  ;-)

• Site Moderator

Well, first you have to buy or rent a Segway. Then you just step on it and lean forward a little bit!  ;-)

How you’d segue into a scene about Segways would be more difficult.  ;-)

But we’ve already got a werewolf tying up Damsels and leaving them on railroad tracks to tenderize them while laughing maniacally, so a Segway would probably go unnoticed…  ;-)

:2thumbs:   :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

As for the Segway segue... I don't see Alek using it as his getaway vehicle, he would have something big and grumbly, sinister looking...

Maybe Corey and Marty use them to rescue Liam, that works... with silver capes flowing in the wind, Pricilla QotD style  :P

You couldn't stay serious and on topic for long, could you? :P

• Like 4

By definition that isn't long, but, by Aussie standards that is long enough for you to receive an award... ;)

We are a jovial nation well know for our self-depricating humour and snubs at authority...

I have already been nominated by the Australian Government for an award from the Governor-General :P

• Like 5

And the reward is DREW! Have fun :P

Ummm not quite, although that is a great gift, I will be receiving a greater honour... one of the BBQs at the local swimming pool is being named in my honour, one of the highest honours in the country, feeling a bit overwhelmed 

• Like 5

Well, I am a Texan- which is the definition of fun, obviously. -_-

I'm sure :unsure:

Ummm not quite, although that is a great gift, I will be receiving a greater honour... one of the BBQs at the local swimming pool is being named in my honour, one of the highest honours in the country, feeling a bit overwhelmed 

BBQ? You should be so proud :worship:

• Like 4