Thursday comes from Thor’s Day in English too.  ;-)

And does Wednesday come from Wotan's day like Onsdag from Odin's day?

Oh and the Thor reference is from The Avengers movie they watched - which made me frown as Liam shouldn't be having any screen time with a concussion and head aches.

Bonus: SATW with anti-avengers thor :lol:  https://satwcomic.com/nordic-halloween  

• Like 2

Yep. Old English: Wōdnesdæg ‘day of Odin,’ named after the Germanic god Odin or Woden, the supreme god

I’m just not a fan of the Hemsworths. Much too hairy and bulky for my tastes. I prefer slim and smooth. Like Captain America (Chris Evans when he shaves).

And before you ask:

• Sunday – Old English: Sunnandæg ‘day of the sun’
  • Monday – Old English: Mōnandæg ‘day of the moon’
  • Tuesday – Old English: Tīwesdæg ‘day of Tīw,’ a Germanic god of war and the sky
  • Friday – Old English: Frīgedæg ‘day of Frigga,’ named after the Germanic goddess Frigga, wife of the supreme god Odin and goddess of married love
  • Saturday – Old English: Sætern(es)dæg, translation of Latin Saturni dies ‘day of Saturn’

Was there a crossover scene from Clueless Camping I didn’t notice? I’m certain I’d never miss Tor roaring through Ontario! Or did Bucket1 get a special Director’s Cut version of chapter 5 with a restored scene that the rest of us didn’t get?  ;-)

And does Wednesday come from Wotan's day like Onsdag from Odin's day?

Oh and the Thor reference is from The Avengers movie they watched - which made me frown as Liam shouldn't be having any screen time with a concussion and head aches.

Bonus: SATW with anti-avengers thor :lol:  https://satwcomic.com/nordic-halloween

lol it did have to do with the Avengers, but it was also a nod to one of my favourite Aussies, Bucket (who I have accused of being Thor ;))

Tim:  Loved satw,.  They always make me smile.  Oh and I know a movie and a concussion could be tough, but Liam is doing much better, even though he does get occasional headaches :)

• Like 4

lol it did have to do with the Avengers, but it was also a nod to one of my favourite Aussies, Bucket (who I have accused of being Thor ;))

Tim:  Loved satw,.  They always make me smile.  Oh and I know a movie and a concussion could be tough, but Liam is doing much better, even though he does get occasional headaches :)

He's obviously doing better if he's missing Alek :P ... don't mind me... just stirring the pot a little... -_-

• Like 4

He's obviously doing better if he's missing Alek :P ... don't mind me... just stirring the pot a little... -_-

…and that would leave poor Nathan for me to console. He’d be a consolation prize for me too, since all the sexy Scandinavians are already taken. We could commiserate together!  ;-)

…and that would leave poor Nathan for me to console. He’d be a consolation prize for me too, since all the sexy Scandinavians are already taken. We could commiserate together!  ;-)

And why do you get the consolation prize?

• Like 1

I’m watching PBS Newshour Weekend and I was struck by something I think is odd. Even on PBS, which is theoretically serving an audience that is more worldly than the commercial broadcast networks, goes out of its way to describe Ottawa as ‘Canada’s Capitol, Ottawa.’ And then the descriptive on-screen graphic says ‘Ottawa, Canada’ rather than ‘Ottawa, Ontario’ or ‘Ottawa, Ontario, CA’ or some other similar variant. (Ontario, CA would lead viewers to think of the San Bernardino County city near Riverside. Ontario, California was in fact named after the Canadian Province.)

Maybe it’s just me, but I would expect any high school graduate to be aware of at least the more populous Canadian Provinces even if they are unfamiliar with the most populous Mexican States.

But maybe I’m expecting too much when tests repeatedly suggest that high school students in the US are unable to identify the US on an unlabeled map. (I do understand that many jokers will intentionally identify Russia or China as the US when the test doesn’t count against their grade.)

I know the US has a terrible reputation on geography (to go with our horrible reputation with languages and math and science and…), but it doesn’t help when other countries capitulate to our stupidity and use an incorrect name for their own country! The Netherlands markets itself to tourists as ‘Holland’ which is only a region within the Netherlands. It doesn’t make it any easier when we call their language and people ‘Dutch’ instead of something like Netherlandish and Netherlanders — I blame the British!

Alternatively, we could call their country ‘Dutchland!’ But then we’d get it confused even more with Germany/Deutschland.

The Amish and Mennonites originally came from Germany before they settled in southeastern Pennsylvania. We heard ‘Deutsch’ and thought they meant ‘Dutch,’ so they became known as the ‘Pennsylvania Dutch.’ The Netherlands had colonized Delaware, which is right next door. Lots of stuff in northern Delaware named ‘Christiana.’

Gary can take his Russian and... well better left unsaid

Gary has something to do with the execution? Or Gary is going to help Alek in a prison break? Is Bucket1 in on a conspiracy that he needs to keep secret?  ;-)

How come I can’t get to read these special, extra scenes?  ;-)

Did you miss the chapter when Alek told his girlfriend he was bi and loved Liam, she got her Russian Mob family connections to take care of the problem and Alek is no more. Tragic end to a sad situation... terrible... just terrible...

:gikkle:

So Gary is conspiring with the girlfriend? I guess she double-crossed Gary then! Poor Gary!  ;-)

Gary, you said this in your review:

Erm... aren't you the editor, shouldn't you already know the answer? :P

Smokescreen, Drew... I have the big Russian, and he's under my protection... I'm not afraid of the mob :P .... just keeping him warm for when Liam comes to his senses.....

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Did you miss the chapter when Alek told his girlfriend he was bi and loved Liam, she got her Russian Mob family connections to take care of the problem and Alek is no more. Tragic end to a sad situation... terrible... just terrible...

:gikkle:

I'm crying crocodile tears just thinking about poor dearly departed Alek...so, so sad

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5
  • Site Moderator

Smokescreen, Drew... I have the big Russian, and he's under my protection... I'm not afraid of the mob :P .... just keeping him warm for when Liam comes to his senses.....

Liam's too busy getting to know Nathan to have time to even think about Alek. Isn't that right Lit?  ;)

Edit: And, when he is done thinking, his dance card will only have one name on it and that will be 

N A T H A N  -_- 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3