Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Where The F$%k Has Mark Been?

Thank you for letting us know, Mark. We will start hunting down your writing muse and cajole, bribe or force him to pay you a nice visit. ;)

Failing that, we'll patiently wait for you to regain your inspiration to write. :yes:

Take care. :hug:

• Like 3

Hey Mark,

If you ever have the time to write, maybe do so on something other than CAP or Bridgemont. :) I think it would be refreshing for your mind, working on a different plot and new characters. (Mind you, I ain't suggesting a new novel or series, just a short story or two to spark that interest in writing again).

Anyways, I'm glad to hear you are healthy and doing well. And thanks for letting us know!

-Drew

• Like 5

I am perfectly willing to wait till the writing bug bites again, and NO you should not force things! You would never be happy with the results.

Just please let us know you are ok when things like this happen.  Most of the fuss is we have no clue if you have been hurt or worse.

• Like 3

Mark, as my truly favorite series writer, I hope you’ll be able to weather this storm whether it is external or internal in short order and get back to posting some chapters. Though, I’m sure Sharon appreciates this break considering her new job and commute. Maybe I’ll get my stuff back sooner for a while 0:) 

Having been through blocks myself (I’m currently in a chemically induced semi-block), my only suggestion is to try writing other things, even if it isn’t fiction. Just putting words down and connecting them into coherent thoughts sometimes relights the creative flame. You might consider doing some blog entries, even if they’re nothing more than drivel. Or, when you do come back, slow down your production a little bit. You do seem to be rather prodigious in the amount of chapters you’re able to publish in CAP and Bridgemont at the same time. :2thumbs:

Whatever you do, DO NOT FORCE YOURSELF TO WRITE! That will only perpetuate whatever it is that is holding you back. Now is a time for reflection, contemplation, and, if possible, creative experimentation. :boy:

• Like 4

What I have to say, Mark, is probably tantamount to GA heresy, but I cannot help but wonder if you are burned out with the actual stories. You have been writing about these characters for so long, is it possible they're boring you? Is it maybe time to bring both series to an end, and start something entirely different? To set the record straight (no pun intended),I'm certainly not bored with reading them, but don't nearly all stories have an ending sooner or later?

• Like 3

You know, I'd get angry at you, but honestly I picture you as a beefy hot former military Daddy, so I just can't.

I'll just add delusional to your list of maladies. :D

(Bonus Like to the first person who correctly identifies what story I stole that line from!)

Edited by mmike1969
  • Like 5

You know, I'd get angry at you, but honestly I picture you as a beefy hot former military Daddy, so I just can't.

I'll go along with hot but probably not beefy. And I think we're dealing more with a deviant ex(?)-hacker type. :rolleyes: I doubt the military would want him. :P

Edited by impunity
  • Like 3

I'll go along with hot but probably not beefy. And I think we're dealing more with a deviant ex(?)-hacker type. :rolleyes: I doubt the military would want him. :P

You are wrong. :)

Army wanted me to switch MOS from commo to an Intelligence Job.

They even paid me a Enlistment Bonus for my Commo job with a security clearance (31C Single Channel Radio Operator)

• Like 4

You are wrong. :)

Army wanted me to switch MOS from commo to an Intelligence Job.

They even paid me a Enlistment Bonus for my Commo job with a security clearance (31C Single Channel Radio Operator)

So, they provided the essential hacker training? ;)

• Like 3

Nah, he's a former marine. I figured he had that former military daddy vibe, like dkstories does.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..