[DomLuka] WT 11: Pre-release discussion

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys give him a break. He needs his own life too. I know we all want a chapter but there is a million other stories out there to read. Go check them out.

Look maybe he is dealing with some person things right now and the last thing he needs is all of us hassling him. It could only help to discourage him.

GREEN

any suggestions for other good stories to check out? I've found that I really don't like a majority of the stories out there, but I have liked every one of Dom's. Any other authors with stories like his?

any suggestions for other good stories to check out?

Try some stories by a bloke called 'Kit' on crvboy, they've also been published on Nifty, the writer has the ability to make you 'feel the moment' in a similar way to Dom .

So I took a break from WT for a week or so, and read The Log Way. Which I love, by the way, even though it still needs some editting. I miss all those characters already.

Anyway, I come back to WT, and what do I find? NOTHING? Ouch. Must be the wrath of the Gods or something. Pray to Dom that this pestilence will be lifted.

At least I've been distracted by another story in the mean time, though.

any suggestions for other good stories to check out? I've found that I really don't like a majority of the stories out there, but I have liked every one of Dom's. Any other authors with stories like his?

I can't say that it's the same as Dom's stories, but, this was the first real (as in decent and moving) gay youth story that I read online: http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/young-frien...ever-on-a-tree/

Warning: don't read the new section of it, parts 16 and 17. They take place after the ending, a year or two later, and start a continuation. Thing is, the author hasn't posted anything new there in months, and if you just read those two chapters you'll end up really down with nothing to do about it. Just read the novella proper, you'll be happy you did.

Maybe he's planning it as an Easter gift to us. Book 2 of another story I'm reading, TSOI, is scheduled for release every two weeks. Chapter 2 is due to be released this weekend. Like Dom's stories, it's worth the wait.

Who writes TSOI and what does it stand for? I need something to fill the gap. I've been reading dkstories's vampire story which is actually pretty good.

• Site Moderator

If your a fan of sci/fan, then check out The Scrolls Of Icaria, found only at AwessomeDude. Jamie has just started Book 2, so you'll have some major catching up to do.

Guest yawgmoth

Probably known to most of you, I can heartily recommend What we are to be found here: http://library.gaycafe.com/nifty/gay/highschool/what-we-are/

Funny, entertaining and sexy. All at once. There is the original story and the sequel. Both are completed.

A bit more than a filler, but lets hope WT continues soon. :)

Edited by yawgmoth
:wacko: :blink::(

Milo just admitted that he's Nelson's bf, went back into the house, and we have no frickin' clue what they've been doing since April 6th :(

I guess we can let our imaginations run wild ;)

gaaahhhh, it's a drought I tell you, a drought. Is Dom weaning us off of his stories by slowly increasing the gap between chapter releases? Is the slow season upon us?????? :o:o:o

Isn't it about the time the "slow season" started?? I know it hasn't quite been a year since I first found TOU. When I did I remember it had been since April 30th that it had been updated (I believe it was stuck on the end of the chapter with the marshmellow scene). Anyway if I'm remembering correctly that had been in June. So we're probably about due for a slow down.

Good Point Talon. Dom likes to give us presents on Holidays, so hopefully we'll get something on Sunday (besides marshmallow Peps).

apparently not :(

And while we're talking pop culture, am I really the only Red Dwarf fan here? Or the only one who had to laugh at the Gazpacho soup part?

OH MY GOSH!! I just posted about the same thing on a different thread WT 10

As for Red Dwarf, wasn't that the mutated blob in the fridge that was running around eating things, or was that curry? Didn't Cat try to eat it? It's been ages since I've watched since I don't get BBC or know if PBS still runs it.

Yes I think I know what episode you're talking about. That was a lamb vindaloo if memory serves. And that was several seasons later in the episode DNA (I think). Lister eventually killed it with a cold beer and then started to eat it.

Guys give him a break. He needs his own life too. I know we all want a chapter but there is a million other stories out there to read. Go check them out.

Look maybe he is dealing with some person things right now and the last thing he needs is all of us hassling him. It could only help to discourage him.

GREEN

I agree with Green. Let's give Dom a break. He does have a real life. And I think we all know how tough it is deal with "person things". :P:boy: If he were only a magic elf or something I'm sure he wouldn't have all the other complications and drama, but alas he isn't.

.....hmm if an elf had private matters to attend to...would they be "elfal" ? :wacko:

Guest fayevalentine
I'm really starting to get worried about dom...i hope he's all right.

Me too :(

I find myself frantically checking as often as possible, for Chapter 11. Before school, during my lunch, right after school, as soon as i get home...and then every 20 minutes or so. lol.

Call it obsessive....but do you blame me? lol.

PRETTY PLEASE POST DOM! :(

Hey guys,

Just chill out about the next chapter, I'm sure Dom is just getting real busy at work. And remember he has another life than on-line, we all do. So take a step back and breathe. We'll get through this :P

-Nate

Edited by NateB

I certainly don't have writer's block, so you can check out my stories, too ... "Someday Out Of the Blue" (serial) and "Seeking Nirvana" (short story):

http://members.gayauthors.org/littlebuddhatw/index.html

Ch. 11 will be posted this week, with Ch. 12 a couple days later ... so I won't make ya wait! hehe

(Now that was a really horrible shameless self-plug ... :sheep: )

Before everyone here goes crazy...Yes, a chapter of Service will be posted tonight written by Dom.

NO, he did not work on it instead of WT. It was written several weeks ago. I think I first saw it around the same time as the last chapter of WT was posted. It's just that Dom's VERY busy right now...it took us all this time to just get the editing done on this Service Chapter (mostly because it's written by Dom, given a review by me, and then sent to an editor, who sends it back to me, and then I send it back to Dom, who reviews it, gives it his approval and sends it back to me for getting it posted. Long process when poor Dom barely has time to check his e-mail much less anything else...).

I LOVE WT, and can't wait to see a new chapter either...hopefully it will be soon.

• Site Moderator
When I was writing my story a couple of years ago, I once went about six months between chapters. I felt terrible about it, but as much as I loved the story, I just couldn

I just started reading WT last week... I am hooked. I cannot wait for the next chapter, but I guess we just have to give Dom his time, otherwise if we rush him he might get angrey, or the chapter may seem rushed while we read it, and we do not want that. :P

I cannot wait for my next Dom fix. :D

Kurt