The Drop in Centre

3 hours ago, kbois said:

Are there any markings or imprints on the bottom? If not then in all likelihood it's a mass produced souvenir sold in gift shops. Most ceramic items of value have an identifying mark somewhere on them. 

The imprint is on the back legs of the bull. Forgot I could only post 1 picture here because of the size.

Here's what the imprint looks like. I even know which fancy department store sold the only other example of the bull that I could find although with a different pattern, they had nothing any more with that bull, or this one.

I do actually collect coin banks of all kinds. From the very expensive to the extremely cheap. Although the last 10 years or so I've pretty much stopped the cheapest banks. My "cheap" room is too full of stuff.

IMG_20211108_084905.jpg

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

@kbois I’m glad you found some recipes you like. I hear you about the zoster.

I made a double batch of these breakfast cookies yesterday. They are made with three of my faves: peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate.

https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2017/10/31/healthy-chocolate-chip-peanut-butter-oatmeal-breakfast-cookies/

Oddly, mine are always much thicker than the ones she makes. I don’t quite know why that is, but I like them that way, so I’m just going with it. :D 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@kbois I’m glad you found some recipes you like. I hear you about the zoster.

I made a double batch of these breakfast cookies yesterday. They are made with three of my faves: peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate.

https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2017/10/31/healthy-chocolate-chip-peanut-butter-oatmeal-breakfast-cookies/

Oddly, mine are always much thicker than the ones she makes. I don’t quite know why that is, but I like them that way, so I’m just going with it. :D 

I will willing follow you down the dark path..... these are soooooo getting made. (I love cookies! Maybe if I freeze them individually it will help keep me from scarfing down the whole batch?)

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I will willing follow you down the dark path..... these are soooooo getting made. (I love cookies! Maybe if I freeze them individually it will help keep me from scarfing down the whole batch?)

The good thing about them is they are healthy cookies. They do very little to no damage. Just saying….;)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The good thing about them is they are healthy cookies. They do very little to no damage. Just saying….;)

At this point I'd take the risk.... I  burned half my dinner... wasn't paying attention and blackened a tortilla into an utter crispy horror. I need a cookie!

• Wow 2
  • Site Moderator
19 minutes ago, kbois said:

At this point I'd take the risk.... I  burned half my dinner... wasn't paying attention and blackened a tortilla into an utter crispy horror. I need a cookie!

I forgot to mention, I find these cookies taste best a day after baking them and keeping them chilled on the fridge rather than at room temperature. My opinion on how I like them, and the recipe doesn’t call for either, so it’s probably different for different people. 

• Like 2

ARRGH!!  Does anyone else HATE the time change? I wish they'd just pick one time standard and leave it alone. It's 5:40 p.m, it's pitch black outside, and now I'm sleepy. The older I get, the worse it affects me. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, spyke said:

ARRGH!!  Does anyone else HATE the time change? I wish they'd just pick one time standard and leave it alone. It's 5:40 p.m, it's pitch black outside, and now I'm sleepy. The older I get, the worse it affects me. 

saw this pic and thought of you.

0AC8BF50-F1C6-46CA-AD57-3DC907993D0F.jpeg

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, spyke said:

I just sort of roll with it. I hate having to change all the clocks that don't update themselves. 

You might get a kick out of this:

https://fb.watch/9bs0SwV5zS/

Happy Hump Day everyone!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, spyke said:

I agree that it's stupid and was made obsolete w the invention of electricity.  We are currently on Standard [normal] time - we just need to stay on that and not go back on DST in March.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

I agree that it's stupid and was made obsolete w the invention of electricity.  We are currently on Standard [normal] time - we just need to stay on that and not go back on DST in March.

At least my car clock is correct again. I never bother to change it, too lazy. I don't really care whether it's dark early, or dark late. I suppose if I had to give a preference it would be for it to be dark at 7am and light until near 6pm though.

• Like 2

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Wanted to stop in and Say ‘Good Morning’

hope things are going good for everyone. 

Happy Veterans Day

Thank You for Your Service 

Take care and Think Positive 

1A616023-A056-4E00-8CBC-6241E8192691.jpeg

Edited by rickproehl
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Yesterday on my way home from work I saw a young guy, looked to be maybe early 20s. His outfit was something I've never seen before. Loose jeans, bright yellow hoodie, and I kid you not, thigh high, black leather, at least 6 inch, weapon grade, stiletto boots, which he rocked like no one I've ever seen. 

Honestly I was a smidge jealous. I've never been able to wear heels higher than a couple of inches, plus my husband is short. But the whole combination of casual jeans and sweatshirt....with thigh high stiletto boots?.... this kid absolutely owned it! I was impressed. I'm not sure how he managed to get those boots on over baggy jeans. Mad skillz. 

I'm working half day tomorrow, then taking the next 2 Saturdays off. I need it. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

That sounds pretty impressive. The only time heels were "in vogue" for men that I knew of was the disco era and those sure weren't stilettos. They were just basically shoes with like 4"-6" of height in the sole. Talk about a weird experience, especially for a guy. I'm 6' and I was going out one evening but had to go to the computer section at work so wore the shoes in. It seemed like everything was out of proportion, way too low. Took me a little while to get used to it.

I never fell with those shoes on but neither was I doing any outrageous Saturday Night Fever type moves! Since I'm a neat hoarder I probably still have them in a closet and since feet don't grow, they'll still fit. I'll have to check and if they are there I'll wear them next time Justin and I go to dinner at his parent's or grandparent's house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

That sounds pretty impressive. The only time heels were "in vogue" for men that I knew of was the disco era and those sure weren't stilettos. They were just basically shoes with like 4"-6" of height in the sole. Talk about a weird experience, especially for a guy. I'm 6' and I was going out one evening but had to go to the computer section at work so wore the shoes in. It seemed like everything was out of proportion, way too low. Took me a little while to get used to it.

I never fell with those shoes on but neither was I doing any outrageous Saturday Night Fever type moves! Since I'm a neat hoarder I probably still have them in a closet and since feet don't grow, they'll still fit. I'll have to check and if they are there I'll wear them next time Justin and I go to dinner at his parent's or grandparent's house.

Those are platform shoes... another type I can't wear. I'd fall flat on my face. 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
45 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Wedding planning is at a point of anxiety attacks and stress -- and that's ignoring SP wanting us to write our own vows (the thought legit makes me panic).

:hug: Hang in there, Fae. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Wedding planning is at a point of anxiety attacks and stress -- and that's ignoring SP wanting us to write our own vows (the thought legit makes me panic).

Awww... deep breath, take one thing at a time. Like @Reader1810 said.... hang in there. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

I can relate a little since I had the wedding earlier this year. Luckily Justin's parents and grandparents took care of it all with Justin's help and my very occasional assistance. We wrote our own vows but since there was no tinge of religion in our service it wasn't anything like @Wayne Gray related.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..