The Drop in Centre

6 hours ago, Story Reader said:

I got my Covid booster shot yesterday and my sister told me that her arm never hurt with hers, but mine is. Hope it stops hurting soon. Wish me luck on that lol

Mine was sore for a day or two, but it passed quickly. Now this years flu shot... well that was a different story. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I forgot my phone at home today. Surprisingly I wasn't as lost as I  thought I'd be. 

My work phone however.... wish I could permanently lose it. 

One of my biggest pet peeves is when the phone rings, whoever is on the other line goes through all the prompts, listens to the message that you're out of the office or on another call, gets to the beep to leave a message and...... they hang up. WTF? Then they call back 4 more times withing the next 10 minutes and do the same damn thing! 

Meanwhile I'm on the phone with my boss trying to figure out what we can do about a title that's all messed up and he's Iike "you need to get that? 

Of course when I called the person back it was "Do you know when the trash pickup is next week. They don't pick up on Thanksgiving do they?" 

200.gif

Idiots. 

I have a 3 day weekend. Taking care of mom tomorrow. It will be the first overnight since April. 

Have a good night everyone!

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's been a 💩 couple of weeks. i mean, just 💩 

it's going to be that way for just a little longer as some things change at work. my gratitude jar has been lonely again and then i saw this

i'll start --- my manager stood up for me with our president & the quality team today when they questioned our numbers. now it's your turn.

FB_IMG_1637375285421.jpg

I had a friend tell me I'd make a good counselor/therapist - something I'd always considered (and he didn't know that). It made me feel nice.

Someone else's turn.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's going to be that way for just a little longer as some things change at work. my gratitude jar has been lonely again and then i saw this

i'll start --- my manager stood up for me with our president & the quality team today when they questioned our numbers. now it's your turn.

FB_IMG_1637375285421.jpg

11 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I had a friend tell me I'd make a good counselor/therapist - something I'd always considered (and he didn't know that). It made me feel nice.

Someone else's turn.

Overall it was a pretty 💩 day for me too. One little thing after another, but even though it was all minor issues that kept piling up, I made it through and kept a positive attitude. I'll put that in the win column.

Next. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

FB_IMG_1637375285421.jpg

I managed to convince the service department that waiting till Monday after Thanksgiving to fix my brakes was not acceptable and got an apointment for tomorrow am.

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Out for my walk tonight and met up with my neighbour who was out walking his poodle. Riley greeted me as if we were long lost BFF’s. That greeting and chatting with the “best neighbour ever” was a nice way to end my walk. That and it wasn’t too cold today. :) 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

FB_IMG_1637375285421.jpg

molly, hope things get better.

i did the good moment.

my good moment was at the local store. young man was buying a few things and he came up short at the register. it was milk and diapers he walked out without his wallet and was paying with money out of his car. 

felt good helping him.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

FB_IMG_1637375285421.jpg

From yesterday, but since I just saw the post it still counts. LOL-

My sister from another mister and I walked out of a restaurant because the server was ignoring us and in 25 minutes, we hadn't gotten so much as a glass of water. And no, they weren't that busy. We went to another restaurant and I ran into my niece (who works there and who I hadn't seen in a couple of months), and one of her co-workers who gave me a wonderful hug. So out of 1 bad came 2 great things. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, kbois said:

Well, I've had my mom all of three hours. Her dementia is even worse than it was 3 weeks ago. It breaks my heart. 

She cried when I told her supper was ready. She cried when I said I couldn't bring her home until tomorrow. 

However, when I gave her a cookie she smiled brightly. If only a cookie could bring back her mind. 😪

There are times when I think both my father and I were lucky because he had vascular dementia. It was caused by little strokes but the overall effect was that of Alzheimer's. Just very accelerated, from the onset until he died was only 7 months. At least there weren't years of it to tear at both of us. It really seems like the people I know who do have Alzheimer's all seem to be very healthy except for that.

My aunt had it and never had other health issues into her mid 80s, she finally forgot how to eat and had a do not force feed directive so that was it. The other lady is 94 now and still very healthy. Her condition is deteriorating very slowly, it's been 15 years since the diagnosis.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Wanted to stop in and Say Good Afternoon 

hope you have a Good Sunday

Take care 

45853388-0701-4870-A8FF-C44E6024AA5F.jpeg

Boy can I relate to #1 on this list. At one point I had about 75 people working under me and some of them I fired before I ever did know their name. Once I said goodbye to a person I fired and used the wrong name. I don't forget a face but names are another thing. 2 never, 3 very seldom. Stopped making concrete plans years ago. 5 is the housekeeper's responsibility.

Sleep is overrated! I get by with my 4-5 hours and wish I didn't have to waste that much time!

• Like 2

Hey, folks. I hope you've all had a good weekend.

Mine has been productive. I wrote about 2,500 words over the last couple of days to finish off chapter three of my new story.

I've got more to do. Gonna get chapter four started. 🙂

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Good may be a relative term. You guys know I run a niche business moving horses. This weekend was very busy. 11 horses for 5 different customers in 3 days. I will be crashing early tonight!

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Good may be a relative term. You guys know I run a niche business moving horses. This weekend was very busy. 11 horses for 5 different customers in 3 days. I will be crashing early tonight!

Money is good.

Nice job, Kitt.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

Mine has been productive. I wrote about 2,500 words over the last couple of days to finish off chapter three of my new story.

I've got more to do. Gonna get chapter four started. 🙂

I tried the random.org number generator that Cia mentioned in the article about trying a new genre. I got 106. Espionage. 

Hmmmmm.... should I try it?

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, kbois said:

I tried the random.org number generator that Cia mentioned in the article about trying a new genre. I got 106. Espionage. 

Hmmmmm.... should I try it?

Yasssss! Do it!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Money is good.

Nice job, Kitt.

Sleep would be good too!  Three 15 hour days = sleep way past usual up time this morning. Now I am playing catch up cause I didn't start my morning chores till after 7 this morning.

• Like 3

I'm off today. Which means I'm cooking. Trying to get everything but the turkey cooked for Thursday. 

Couple of questions:

Does anyone use an air fryer? If so, pros and cons?

Also, turnips [rutabaga here in the south] ... who the hell first decided "Hey this stuff stinks to high heaven, let's cook it and eat it!"

Hope everyone has a decent Monday!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, kbois said:

I'm off today. Which means I'm cooking. Trying to get everything but the turkey cooked for Thursday. 

Couple of questions:

Does anyone use an air fryer? If so, pros and cons?

Also, turnips [rutabaga here in the south] ... who the hell first decided "Hey this stuff stinks to high heaven, let's cook it and eat it!"

Hope everyone has a decent Monday!

IDK but if it's not on the table hubby tosses a fit, and he doesn't even like it!

• Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..