The Drop in Centre

Awww....

Going back a couple of days to when @mollyhousemouse asked to hear about something good that happened, well, that day wasn't particularly good, but today one of my Canadian residents who just got back brought me a can of pure maple syrup. Grade A amber. It's in a can, which I don't ever recall seeing before. Plastic bottle, yes. Glass bottle, yes. I guess I need to find my pointy can opener thingy. 

Hubby and I are going to see The Eternals tonight. Yup, another Marvel movie. 😏🙄🤐

Hope everyone had a good day!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Kitt said:

No single veggie should take an hour to peel and chop to cook able size. Now to boil this neep into submission...

I've been working out.... with weights even, consistently, since August. I was almost wishing I had the 60lbs back that I lost, just to use as leverage against my stubborn neep. I did get the upper hand finally.

Happy boiling Kitt!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Awww....

Going back a couple of days to when @mollyhousemouse asked to hear about something good that happened, well, that day wasn't particularly good, but today one of my Canadian residents who just got back brought me a can of pure maple syrup. Grade A amber. It's in a can, which I don't ever recall seeing before. Plastic bottle, yes. Glass bottle, yes. I guess I need to find my pointy can opener thingy. 

Hubby and I are going to see The Eternals tonight. Yup, another Marvel movie. 😏🙄🤐

Hope everyone had a good day!

Lots of it is canned. Enjoy it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Thanksgiving 2021 was a success. The boys are cleaning the kitchen (and killing me because they are taking forever. Phil keeps patting my leg and telling me to stay) Daughter couldn't make it, but she'll be here Sunday. 

i hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Had a great Thanksgiving here. Hope everyone else's was the same.

I'd like to pose you a totally hypothetical situation.

Let's say you have a bored person who has a computer set up and that person goes out and clicks on every shady seeming link or website available. Then while that person is waiting for anything to happen on that computer they suddenly get a spam message on FB offering them a $2000 government payout from the latest legislation, all you have to do (after some short discussion back and forth) is send them $200. So let's say the hero of the story sent them a link to where the gift cards they wanted were located.

After a minute or so the villian comes back and says the link didn't work.

So another link was sent. At the same time that first link is connecting back to the hero's computer and the hero is perusing all the files for anything interesting. Were there any interesting files?

How about a folder that says "CRYPTO", in it are text files labeled BITCOIN, ELU and a few other less well known crypto currency names. Looking in the BITCOIN text file there's account and password information. A hugely long password so it's unsurprising that it's saved. Saving it with no encryption is pretty normal with scammers who aren't computer literate. So the hero copies off all the crypto information.

Another folder is clearly labeled "GIFT CARDS" and what do you suppose is there? A folder called GIFTCARDS. Upon opening that file there's maybe 200 different cards with numbers and pins. Again, may as well copy that info also.

The hero then sets in motion a complete wiping of the information in all the files and sees it all disappear. Before that the hero goes through and alters the account numbers and passwords and saves the altered information so that should they pull back the file after wiping, it won't have the correct information. Then poof!

Then the hero blocks the villian to see what happens. Do they log off? Are they suspicious? Their computer remains up and running. Now what does our hero do?

The total of crypto isn't overwhelming but it's in the high 5 figure range. Gift cards are less than $10,000. These must be some lousy scammers.

So, still talking hypothetically of course. Should the hero liberate the crypto? The gift cards? Remember unless they had paper backup all their passwords and account numbers are gone. It could be a very profitable holiday season for the hero, depending on what he does.

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
18 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Hi Mike. 
I am doing well. I’m having hot chocolate right now to ward off the dold. :) 

We were downtown last night to see Peter. He's back in the Roncesvalles neighbourhood so we walked out to a local place to have dinner. It was cold out there and we had a few flurries. 

Hot chocolate sounds like a good plan. 

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

We were downtown last night to see Peter. He's back in the Roncesvalles neighbourhood so we walked out to a local place to have dinner. It was cold out there and we had a few flurries. 

Hot chocolate sounds like a good plan. 

My brother lived in that neighborhood while he was at uni, and I’ve been down there for the Ukrainian Caravan. It’s a nice area. 

Glad to hear you and tim had a night out with Peter. 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..