The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good to see You Michael Sir
wonderful to hear You were able to ger out. i hope Peter is well
we're supposed to go out to the square, "Shop Small Saturday" but it's only 48 (8.8C) so i'm "lollygagging"

take care Sir

Wrap up. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

Seriously?  Hero = Villain 

Not sure how you figure that. To me it's not quite so easy. Taking money from a criminal seems a nice enough thing to do, hopefully it totally disrupts their life in some way. I'm really not trolling here, to me the hero seems a hero.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

Not sure how you figure that. To me it's not quite so easy. Taking money from a criminal seems a nice enough thing to do, hopefully it totally disrupts their life in some way. I'm really not trolling here, to me the hero seems a hero.

And where did the villain's money come from? 

As an ex cop theft is theft. Two wrongs don't make a right. 

You can justify it how you like. It's still wrong. 

• Love 5

I suppose my former occupation has given me a slightly different idea of right or wrong. I do appreciate your comments but I can say that I'd suspect the hypothetical person would continue on fighting crime their way! lol

Hope you and Michael are doing good.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

I suppose my former occupation has given me a slightly different idea of right or wrong. I do appreciate your comments but I can say that I'd suspect the hypothetical person would continue on fighting crime their way! lol

Hope you and Michael are doing good.

Not sure who 'you' is. I'm Mike, my husband is tim. 

You can tell who is talking to you either by seeing their name on the quoted portion your message or looking to the upper left at their name. 

I'm done here. 

Edited by MichaelS36
  • Like 1

Things I learned today:

1. Cleaning out the garage is a major task (but I got about half done). 

2. Cleaning out the garage will induce tears when I come across a box of stuff my older son left behind. Stuff from kindergarten and first grade. Yes, nostalgia makes me cry. 

3. Cleaning out the garage makes you itch when you have to bag up the old AC insulation that the installers left behind. 

4. I still hate spiders! (Lots of them in a garage that hasn't hasn't been cleaned out in 1.5 years)

5. No matter how how much stronger I've gotten since going to the gym.... Cleaning the garage makes my back and hips ache. Ugh. 

6. I'm proud of myself for tackling this mess in the first place. Hubby just started mandatory overtime. 12 hour shifts, 5 nights a week. I won't see much of him for the next month and we have to juggle 2 cars with 3 people working, but it's doable. 

Tomorrow I'll work on the rest of the garage and next weekend tackle the Christmas decorations. 

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. It's time for me to chill with some whiskey, maybe write a little bit, and take the puppers for a walk. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

So, still talking hypothetically of course. Should the hero liberate the crypto? The gift cards?

I think the hero should  consider a donation to a local charity. I'm sure the donation would be put to good use and be most welcome. 

Edited by spyke
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, spyke said:

I think the hero should  consider a donation to a local charity. I'm sure the donation would be put to good use and be most welcome. 

Not a bad idea but under no circumstances should hero stop what he's doing.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

If you have to second guess what you're doing......you probably should choose another path. 

No, it all seems very clear to me. I was wondering what others thought. All of us have different life experiences that make us see things in varied ways. This is evidently one of those things. To me liberating ill gotten gains from thieves and other criminals isn't wrong at all, in fact I think it's great and there should be enough hero types to take out each and every one of them, financially that is.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, spyke said:

And reporting the villain to the authorities would be a good idea as well, so they can be stopped permanently - hopefully. 

I wonder when this happens do victims get their money back? I don’t think I’ve ever read about that happening even if the scammer gets caught.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Wrap up. 

i did Sir :*)
we had a great time! it was cold and drizzly, but several of the shops had hot cocoa. if you stopped at the visitor's center for a special badge/bag combo it was free!
we like to "shop small/shop local" as much as we can, so this is something we do every year,

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i did Sir :*)
we had a great time! it was cold and drizzly, but several of the shops had hot cocoa. if you stopped at the visitor's center for a special badge/bag combo it was free!
we like to "shop small/shop local" as much as we can, so this is something we do every year,

It sounds charming.   My little town does something too but I and both boys are sick this year.  We didn't even get to spend thanksgiving with family as planned due to sickness.  

Ah well.   Next year 

• Sad 5
9 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

And reporting the villain to the authorities would be a good idea as well, so they can be stopped permanently - hopefully. 

I wonder when this happens do victims get their money back? I don’t think I’ve ever read about that happening even if the scammer gets caught.

I suppose it depends. Since the majority of the scammers are outside the USA it's unlikely they'll ever be caught. As far as reporting them to the authorities, all you can really do is report the IP number. You're not going to get a name.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Well, in less than 36-hrs the panic-inducing part of the ceremony will be over and we'll be sitting down to [hopefully] a good meal.  Trying not to stress about things -- it's too late to change anything at this point so what it is is what it is.

You got this Fae...... and you have SP ❤! Enjoy the day and each other.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Well, in less than 36-hrs the panic-inducing part of the ceremony will be over and we'll be sitting down to [hopefully] a good meal.  Trying not to stress about things -- it's too late to change anything at this point so what it is is what it is.

Fae, focus on SP he is your rock. Together you both can get thru this. Good Luck and Best Wishes to the both of you.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Don't panic and don't stress. You know in your heart exactly why you are doing this and that SP will be by your side regardless.  There is no such thing as a perfect wedding. Something always happens and most of the time it's extremely funny. When it got to the point of saying " take you for my lawfully wedded husband," my niece said "lawfully dreaded."  We got that on tape and everyone (including my niece) still thinks it's funny as hell.  You got this Fae, 100% you got this. 

• Like 3
On 11/28/2021 at 7:54 AM, Fae Briona said:

best wishes to you both.

may you have many happy years together.

• Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..