The Drop in Centre

14 hours ago, kbois said:

Florida is filled with abundant wildlife. Lots of birds, manatees, alligators, a few panthers, wild boars, etc,.

We had a major incident happen right across the street from the corner of our property closest to my office which resulted in the Sheriff's department shutting down our whole end of the street. This meant our main entrance was not accessible for entry. I needed to open our emergency gate which is at the other end of the property, not blocked off but I don't have a clue where the extra clicker is. 

So I called my maintenance guy who tells me to go down to the gate and he'll talk me through getting it open manually. I get to the gate, my guy tells me to find the breaker box behind one of the houses, open it and flip the breaker off and the gate will open. 

I find the box. Open it......

And scream at the top of my lungs when a damn gecko jumps out at me. 

Fricken lizards 🦎😳

Did it try to sell you auto insurance? lol

Nice story for an morning laugh.

• Haha 4

Ok DiC peeps. I need help.

I forgot that yesterday my husband said he was going to the store today. We now have 15 bananas (as well as six packages of whole wheat English muffins that were bogo☺)

Any good banana-based recipes?? I usually make the good old stand-by Betty Crocker recipe for banana nut bread, but I'd like to try something new/different and relatively healthy. These bananas will hit ripe in a day or so and overripe by Monday or Tuesday. 

Any suggestions? 🙂

Hope y'all are having a good evening!

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, kbois said:

Ok DiC peeps. I need help.

I forgot that yesterday my husband said he was going to the store today. We now have 15 bananas (as well as six packages of whole wheat English muffins that were bogo☺)

Any good banana-based recipes?? I usually make the good old stand-by Betty Crocker recipe for banana nut bread, but I'd like to try something new/different and relatively healthy. These bananas will hit ripe in a day or so and overripe by Monday or Tuesday. 

Any suggestions? 🙂

Hope y'all are having a good evening!

Go see Sasha. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHUu8I_NKRzNeoDL4oaoC3Q/videos

I have it on really good authority ( @Mikiesboy ) that he may have a few recipes for you.  Also, you can cut them up and freeze them for smoothies. 

Jeanne Robertson has a cautionary tale about sending a man to the grocery store.  Well worth the view:  

• Haha 2
  • Site Moderator

@kbois let them ripen and then you can freeze them whole and thaw them as needed. 

I haven’t made anything with bananas that I can recall, so ali don’t have a recipe I can vouch for.

I have made a few of her recipes, so I think any of her banana type recipes will be good. 

https://amyshealthybaking.com/?s=Banana+

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, spyke said:

Go see Sasha. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHUu8I_NKRzNeoDL4oaoC3Q/videos

I have it on really good authority ( @Mikiesboy ) that he may have a few recipes for you.  Also, you can cut them up and freeze them for smoothies. 

Jeanne Robertson has a cautionary tale about sending a man to the grocery store.  Well worth the view:  

Omg... she's a hoot!

But alas...the banana surplus is my own fault. I forgot he was going and we've been on a banana kick lately so I should've known he'd get some. 

I'll give Sasha a try. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@kbois let them ripen and then you can freeze them whole and thaw them as needed. 

I haven’t made anything with bananas that I can recall, so ali don’t have a recipe I can vouch for.

I have made a few of her recipes, so I think any of her banana type recipes will be good. 

https://amyshealthybaking.com/?s=Banana+

I've earmarked the cranberry orange banana bread and the blueberry one too.... thanks Reader!

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
16 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Hello. Anyone here who knows how to take care of cats? I've ran into some feline problem lol.

I’ve had three cats, so maybe I can help. What’s the issue with the kitty? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2021 at 10:51 AM, Reader1810 said:

I’ve had three cats, so maybe I can help. What’s the issue with the kitty? 

My cousin got too busy and lend us his cat for a while. He was okay for the first few weeks then he started pissing everywhere. I'm thinking it's probably mating season since our female cate that's actually ours never had this problem before. We haven't taken care of a male cat yet.

Or could it be some other thing? Territorial spraying?

On 11/6/2021 at 10:57 AM, chris191070 said:

I've got 11 cats. So what's your problem with Kitty, might be able to help.

Oh gawd Chris. How do you even....?

15 hours ago, Ryan Jones said:

Just 2 cats here but many have gone through my house.

Did you have the same problem before?

--

I think neutering the male cat is the best option since the cat litter is always clean. I can't think of any other reason but since he's not really ours, that's not for us to decide. Hmmm. Kinda troublesome.

Edited by Solus Magus
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

My cousin got too busy and lend us his cat for a while. He was okay for the first few weeks then he started pissing everywhere. I'm thinking it's probably mating season since our female cate that's actually ours never had this problem before. We haven't taken care of a male cat yet.

I don’t have this problem with any of my cats, but from what I’ve read it can be due to stress due to some kind of change or possibly due to illness. 

I found this article - there’s a lot to find via google - that is about this very issue. Other than peeing where he shouldn’t is the cat acting and eating normally? 

https://vcacanada.com/know-your-pet/cat-behavior-problems-marking-and-spraying-behavior

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
6 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

--

I think neutering the male cat is the best option since the cat litter is always clean. I can't think of any other reason but since he's not really ours, that's not for us to decide. Hmmm. Kinda troublesome.

It's probably stress from change of environment.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

--

The cat may have a urinary tract infection. Or he could just be evil and spraying to mark his territory. If that's the case, off with the nuts! 🤣

Edited by spyke
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 11/7/2021 at 11:09 AM, Reader1810 said:

I don’t have this problem with any of my cats, but from what I’ve read it can be due to stress due to some kind of change or possibly due to illness. 

I found this article - there’s a lot to find via google - that is about this very issue. Other than peeing where he shouldn’t is the cat acting and eating normally? 

https://vcacanada.com/know-your-pet/cat-behavior-problems-marking-and-spraying-behavior

Thank for this! The cat seems to act normally though.

20 hours ago, chris191070 said:

It's probably stress from change of environment.

The spraying didn't happen until recently though. So if it was a change of environment, the behavior should have started way back before.

19 hours ago, spyke said:

The cat may have a urinary tract infection. Or he could just be evil and spraying to mark his territory. If that's the case, off with the nuts! 🤣

LMAOOOOOO. I rly think we need to cut off the nuts lol but that's not for us to decide.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
10 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

The spraying didn't happen until recently though. So if it was a change of environment, the behavior should have started way back before.

Early on the cat might have felt like a visitor with a “what the hekk is this place?” mindset. It might be the he feels more comfortable and settled in the “new”territory now, so is marking it trying to make it his territory to be the dominant cat of the household. Also, some extra attention might help as well. 

When I was a kid, the neighbours next door got a cat. Thing was, my cat considered their property her territory, so she’d chase the new cat whenever she saw it. She did eventually stop this behaviour, but it did take awhile for that to happen. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

I'm one of those people who go to church bazaars and flea markets. Tag sales, yard sales, if I see a sign I'm going to take a look. I have a great track record of buying things that are worth far more than I've paid. When I get the item home the first thing I do is look it up on Ebay, see what the item sold for. This is a first for me though, this item not only wasn't on Ebay but one like it didn't come up in any search I could think of to try.

It's a bull bank. I assume since it's got Osborne on the back that it's a representation of Toro Osborne, a Spanish landmark(s) since they are scattered all over the country. I found one the same size but a different pattern. I checked the store it was purchased from, they didn't have that bank anymore. Nor did they show the one I bought.

So maybe some of you are better at searching than I am so perhaps you can take a crack at it. I'll post some pictures of the bank at the end of the message.

Once I buy something and determine the general price range, it gets put in specific areas of my house. There's a "junk" room for things that are under $20 for example. So I need to sort this into the correct room.

IMG_20211108_084913.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
12 minutes ago, Ryan Jones said:

I'm one of those people who go to church bazaars and flea markets. Tag sales, yard sales, if I see a sign I'm going to take a look. I have a great track record of buying things that are worth far more than I've paid. When I get the item home the first thing I do is look it up on Ebay, see what the item sold for. This is a first for me though, this item not only wasn't on Ebay but one like it didn't come up in any search I could think of to try.

It's a bull bank. I assume since it's got Osborne on the back that it's a representation of Toro Osborne, a Spanish landmark(s) since they are scattered all over the country. I found one the same size but a different pattern. I checked the store it was purchased from, they didn't have that bank anymore. Nor did they show the one I bought.

So maybe some of you are better at searching than I am so perhaps you can take a crack at it. I'll post some pictures of the bank at the end of the message.

Once I buy something and determine the general price range, it gets put in specific areas of my house. There's a "junk" room for things that are under $20 for example. So I need to sort this into the correct room.

IMG_20211108_084913.jpg

Are there any markings or imprints on the bottom? If not then in all likelihood it's a mass produced souvenir sold in gift shops. Most ceramic items of value have an identifying mark somewhere on them. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Ryan Jones said:

I tried multiple search criterion without success. You have quite the mystery on your hands, Ryan. 

• Like 2

@Reader1810 thanks for the link to Amy's site. I made both the cranberry/orange and the blueberry/almond banana breads. Both are really good, though I have to adjust the baking time, my oven runs hot and the cranberry ones were a little overcooked, bit still quite edible. I added walnuts to that one as well. 

My only gripe is orange zest. It takes forever to zest two teaspoons, let alone four when you double the recipe. Might have to look for a new zester. 🤔 

Hope everyone is having a good day!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..