The Drop in Centre

3 minutes ago, drown said:

Send some here, I could use the solitude. ❄️💙

Are you okay? Snow never solved anything, unless you want to go skiing.  :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Not snowing now, but I ended up getting caught in the worst of it coming out of the grocery store. It was fine when I went in, but going full force just minutes later. Naturally, I walked there…

Reminded me of the time, I got caught in an ice storm in Toronto when I was on the hunt for Tata tea. 

i didn't go out today. Still not feeling great so Dan did the grocery run on his own. i went back to bed for 1.5 hours.  With luck this will be the last big snow until winter. xo

• Love 4
  • Sad 1
Just now, drown said:

You made me Google Tata tea. :D 

You should drink some .. very nice tea.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, drown said:

The grey helps me with writing, but yes, only in moderation. If it gets too much, it becomes depressing.

I understand.. in December 2023, we had 28 days of fog and cloud, and there were 26 gray days in January 2024.. it was a struggle for me.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 4
  • Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i didn't go out today. Still not feeling great so Dan did the grocery run on his own. i went back to bed for 1.5 hours.  With luck this will be the last big snow until winter. xo

Glad to hear you stayed put, today, tim.

I was staying in after that not so nice trip in the great outdoors. Right now I’m in my jammies and thinking I need some tea…so, yeah, that’s what I’m going to do. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Glad to hear you stayed put, today, tim.

I was staying in after that not so nice trip in the great outdoors. Right now I’m in my jammies and thinking I need some tea…so, yeah, that’s what I’m going to do. 

Yeah we have tea around 8pm.   It's been a thing with Michael and now Dan since i first met Michael.  It's nice to have these mini traditions.

Sorry you had to travel through the snow today.  I don't own jammies but i'm snuggled in blankets.

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah we have tea around 8pm.   It's been a thing with Michael and now Dan since i first met Michael.  It's nice to have these mini traditions.

My dad and I had an after dinner tea tradition when I was younger. 

It was him saying “if you’re making tea, I’ll have some,” :P 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, Reader1810 said:

Yeah.. my grandparents said the same thing.. it seems kinda British. Was your Dad British?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

If you get a chance to watch Sing Street, do.  I heard we were going to watch this and really had misgivings, but i am so glad we did. 

Michael digs up some excellent things for us to watch. It's a bit on the older side, made in 2016, but it really is a lovely little film.   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3544112/

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah.. my grandparents said the same thing.. it seems kinda British. Was your Dad British?

No, first generation Canadian of Ukrainian parents, so I have no idea where his love for tea came from. 

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

If you get a chance to watch Sing Street, do.  I heard we were going to watch this and really had misgivings, but i am so glad we did. 

Michael digs up some excellent things for us to watch. It's a bit on the older side, made in 2016, but it really is a lovely little film.   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3544112/

I’ve added it to my To Watch list. 👍🏻

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

And I bet 9 times outta 10 you hadn't even thought about tea. My dad did the same thing but it was hot chocolate.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

The 'Bears' enjoyed them.  

It’s spoken with love. 🐻‍❄️🐻

• Like 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

It’s spoken with love. 🐻‍❄️🐻

I know, and I know, thanks to you, I am the polar bear. I can't really complain about that. Polar bears are amazing. 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..