The Drop in Centre

3 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

I thought I'd pop in and let you know tim isn't feeling all that well, so likely won't be around too much. 

Hope you are all well and stay that way.  Take care. 

:hug:for tim. And :hug:for you too.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

I thought I'd pop in and let you know tim isn't feeling all that well, so likely won't be around too much. 

Hope you are all well and stay that way.  Take care. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Hugs to all of you. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hi guys.. happy tuesday ... doing better but still a bit flat...

Happy to read you. 💚

Sending you German hugs.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, drown said:

Happy to read you. 💚

Sending you German hugs.

Thanks my friend.  i hope you are doing well!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, drown said:

It is an ok day. I am conquering the stupidity and rudeness of others with indifference and spite. :) 

Oh, that sounds all too familar.. i used to do Customer service on Chat for one of the Banks in Canada.  People can be awful but sometimes just the opposite too

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh, that sounds all too familar.. i used to do Customer service on Chat for one of the Banks in Canada.  People can be awful but sometimes just the opposite too

Being in the services industry is harsh, but you are right, sometimes it’s the opposite. I work in advertising, soon I will be on my own (or rather, together with the best coworker you can imagine), and I hope to get to a place where we can just comfortably tell the clients that are rude to go somewhere else.

Please enjoy your Tuesday to the fullest! I have willed it to be an ok day.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, drown said:

Being in the services industry is harsh, but you are right, sometimes it’s the opposite. I work in advertising, soon I will be on my own (or rather, together with the best coworker you can imagine), and I hope to get to a place where we can just comfortably tell the clients that are rude to go somewhere else.

Please enjoy your Tuesday to the fullest! I have willed it to be an ok day.

I used to tell myself I should write a book about all the idiot customers I've dealt with. Now very few people actually read anymore so I'd have to go the podcast route... no thanks. I prefer my dark little cave where I can hide from them. 

You know everything has gone to hell in a handbasket when the short bus has turned into a convoy. In my neck of the woods there are way too many knuckleheads who put the "duh" in Florida.😆

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

I used to tell myself I should write a book about all the idiot customers I've dealt with. Now very few people actually read anymore so I'd have to go the podcast route... no thanks. I prefer my dark little cave where I can hide from them. 

I’d read that book… 

Tried to find an article where it said that book purchases went up significantly during the pandemic as a counterargument and encouragement for you to go ahead, but my Google skills are lacking today.

💜

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I used to tell myself I should write a book about all the idiot customers I've dealt with.

Even though you and I know it would be gospel, they'd think it was fiction and couldn't possibly be true. 

Had a buyer get in touch with my seller in January (2024) threatening to sue her for damages caused by a water pipe that had busted when it froze. They bought the property in the summer of 2022. 🤦

You can't make this stuff up and you can't cure stupid.

• Love 1
  • Wow 2

I caught up with the stew I couldn't make on Saturday, and made it today! :) 

IMG_2820.jpeg.d91579bfc95c3298b003a1f9795a0383.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
54 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

@Reader1810  you got snow?  It's been snowing here for a few hours..

For hours now, and it seems to be collecting as if it’s going to stick around…

What a way to usher in Spring, eh? 

• Love 4
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
47 minutes ago, drown said:

I caught up with the stew I couldn't make on Saturday, and made it today! :) 

Looks delicious! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

@Reader1810  you got snow?  It's been snowing here for a few hours..

It felt like it was snowing in my office this afternoon. A part was fried on (the brand new) A/C compressor last week. The A/C company fixed it (under warranty) on Friday and for whatever reason none of us realized they set the temperature at 64. WTF? 

I thought it was a little cold-ish yesterday, but figured it was because it was too warm last week. I'm rarely cold nowadays... I was shivering and had goosebumps. We reset it so it should be okay tomorrow. My toes and nose are still thawing out. 

I think this might be the last of our cool mornings until next fall. Maybe. I just hope the summer isn't as brutal as last year. And we don't have any hurricanes in our area. It's supposed to be an above-average season do we'll see. 

• Wow 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1

Wow, I'm very happy with the whole wheat rolls .. whole wheat flour, a bit of oil, water, salt and yeast ... no sugar. They were great, soft but chewy like proper bread should be. If you would like to make bread and want some good recipes.. check out this site:  https://profoodhomemade.com/

Today, we did what proper bread bakers do. And weighed everything, including the water.  Follow the directions and the timings, and you should have excellent sandwich buns.  I love making bread. It's my favourite thing to bake. It's so satisfying.

(It makes you kind of popular around the house.)    We'll make a couple of whole wheat loaves this week—no need to buy bread anymore.

Next week, we are making hot cross buns for Easter.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, kbois said:

they set the temperature at 64

That's pretty cold.. brrr

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's pretty cold.. brrr

Gas is so expensive here; we keep the house at 61F in the fall/winter/spring. Luckily, we don't need A/C.

• Wow 4
2 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Gas is so expensive here; we keep the house at 61F in the fall/winter/spring. Luckily, we don't need A/C.

how cold does it get there?    i'd been frozen

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Next week, we are making hot cross buns for Easter.

Sounds yummy. 

Hot cross buns... nothing more effing annoying than that song being butchered by a 10yr old with a recorder. 😬🤯

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, kbois said:

nothing more effing annoying than that song being butchered by a 10yr old with a recorder. 😬🤯

eh?  lol

• Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..