The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's Monday once again. If you are a hater of Monday's try laughing at it and call it childish names. Maybe stamp your foot too. Teach it who's boss.  After that, enjoy the day.

This one i know to be true:

image.png.1090da30d0922b594ddf4a67bcb0a4e2.png

My Monday started out rocky, smoothed over, then literally went to shit when I got to work. How people create such a mess I'll never know. 

So far I've put out 4 fires and it's not even noon... this itself makes me laugh. 

Have a good day everyone!

• Love 3
  • Wow 2
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

My Monday started out rocky, smoothed over, then literally went to shit when I got to work. How people create such a mess I'll never know. 

So far I've put out 4 fires and it's not even noon... this itself makes me laugh. 

Have a good day everyone!

Who knew there was such excitement and intrigue at a trailer park. Of course, you get the best one!  Keep your fire hose at the ready!

• Haha 3
  • Site Moderator

It's Monday once again. If you are a hater of Monday's try laughing at it and call it childish names. Maybe stamp your foot too. Teach it who's boss.  After that, enjoy the day.

This made me chuckle. Thanks for that, tim👍

• Love 5

image.png.1090da30d0922b594ddf4a67bcb0a4e2.png

I'll call today "Munching Monday" in honor of the active termite infestation that was just discovered at one of the properties I have under contract. 

@kbois and I truly live the glamorous life.

• Love 2
  • Sad 3
5 minutes ago, spyke said:

I'll call today "Munching Monday" in honor of the active termite infestation that was just discovered at one of the properties I have under contract. 

@kbois and I truly live the glamorous life.

Glamorous Schmamorous...  lol

• Haha 5

After reading about fires and termites, I'm glad to report that I've had neither and am happily in my kitchen—alone! I love my helpers, but they really get in my way. Date squares were finished last night, and more were requested, so I made more of those today (with more changes to the recipe to make it a bit healthier), and bread is rising for more sandwich rolls. 

The trouble with baking and cooking is that people keep eating everything, and you must make more. 

image.png.a4fa71d11a9deb20a546052b78d04c64.png

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

After reading about fires and termites, I'm glad to report that I've had neither and am happily in my kitchen—alone! I love my helpers, but they really get in my way. Date squares were finished last night, and more were requested, so I made more of those today (with more changes to the recipe to make it a bit healthier), and bread is rising for more sandwich rolls. 

The trouble with baking and cooking is that people keep eating everything, and you must make more. 

image.png.a4fa71d11a9deb20a546052b78d04c64.png

It's good that Michael and Dan love your food. You keep them happy with all these treats.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

After reading about fires and termites, I'm glad to report that I've had neither...

Are you sure about that? It sounds like you may have some extra large termites! 🤣

• Haha 5
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

While that's true, it also means what you make is  really tasty.

Oh, and can we have the recipe? Please and thank you! 

• Love 5
Posted (edited)

Yes.. the original recipe is Ricardo's.

Have changed it to:

• Filling

• 2 1/2 cups (425 g) Medjool dates, pitted and chopped (lightly packed) (i use no name/store's own pitted dates)

• 1 cup (250 ml) water

• 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice

• 1/2 tsp baking soda

• Crisp

• 1 3/4 cups (175 g) quick-cooking oats

• 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
      1/4 cup oat flour

• 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons  Splenda brown sugar
    • 1/4 tsp baking powder

• 1/2 cup melted butter
      1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce

• With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Line a 20-cm (8-inch) square baking dish with a strip of parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides. Butter the other two sides.  If using a dark baking tin bake at 325F.

• Filling

• In a pot, bring the dates, water, and lemon juice to a boil. Add the baking soda and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or until the dates have fallen apart. Let cool.

• Crisp

• In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, and baking powder. Add the butter/applesauce and mix well.

• Spread half the crisp in the baking dish and press firmly. Layer with the date mixture. Cover with the remaining crisp and press lightly. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the crisp is golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack for 4 hours. Unmould and cut into 16 squares.
Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, spyke said:

Are you sure about that? It sounds like you may have some extra large termites! 🤣

Don't bears eat termites?

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, kbois said:

Don't bears eat termites?

If you offer them termites or date squares... the squares always win.

• Haha 5
3 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I think they’re quite fond of anything that fits in their hungry maws.

This is true. They'll usually eat anything they can find. The human version may balk at bugs, but then again I've not served them any. So who knows.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

This is true. They'll usually eat anything they can find. The human version may balk at bugs, but then again I've not served them any. So who knows.

"Tastes like chicken."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

If everything "tastes like chicken" why ear em? Just eat chicken.

i agree with you, @Kitt

• Like 2

Happy Tuesday. Hopefully, Tuesday heard about the abuse you gave to Monday and has decided it would be prudent to fall into line. Maybe.

image.png.62dce5337dc2d1d584f4de0fb50473ad.png

Priorities:

1. Walk everyday

2. Bake bread at least once a week

3. Eat a donut, sometimes

I'm sure there are a couple of things i'm missing ... 

:) Have a great day!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Tuesday. Hopefully, Tuesday heard about the abuse you gave to Monday and has decided it would be prudent to fall into line. Maybe.

image.png.62dce5337dc2d1d584f4de0fb50473ad.png

Priorities:

1. Walk everyday

2. Bake bread at least once a week

3. Eat a donut, sometimes

I'm sure there are a couple of things i'm missing ... 

:) Have a great day!

Well... today started out with a flat tire which hubby is dealing with, and I've already had 2 employees tell me about some unruly guests, so there's that...  Looks like Monday taught Tuesday a thing or two. 😆

I've committed to eating better so while I would love a donut right about now, I'm gonna be good and go with a healthier breakfast of Greek yogurt and fresh pineapple.

At least I can say I'm batting 1000 for the week... lol. 

Hope y'all have a good day... I'm gonna go hide under my desk so Tuesday can't find me again.. lol. 

• Wow 3
8 minutes ago, kbois said:

Well... today started out with a flat tire which hubby is dealing with, and I've already had 2 employees tell me about some unruly guests, so there's that...  Looks like Monday taught Tuesday a thing or two. 😆

I've committed to eating better so while I would love a donut right about now, I'm gonna be good and go with a healthier breakfast of Greek yogurt and fresh pineapple.

At least I can say I'm batting 1000 for the week... lol. 

Hope y'all have a good day... I'm gonna go hide under my desk so Tuesday can't find me again.. lol. 

Wow, these days of the week are getting a bit unruly.  Some discipline could be required!

Currently, I am compiling some pieces for a character to play on piano:

Chopin - ballade #1
Debussy - clair du lune
Tchaikovsky - Waltz of the flowers
Ravel - Pavane Pour Une Infante Défunte
Mozart - 12 Variations on "Ah, vous dirai-je maman" (twinkle twinkle little star)

:)  These will do nicely.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Wow, these days of the week are getting a bit unruly.  Some discipline could be required!

Can we get your husband to give us a hand, please? 

• Haha 3

The nice thing about running my own business is the ability to say I am taking today off just because...

Today it's because I had a rather vehement discussion with a 4 year old Clydesdale mare yesterday. She went on her first off farm excursion since we brought her to her new home. Loaded great in the morning. She apparently decided she had so much fun on the trails at the wildlife management area she didn't want to go home.

Well, when she realized it had gotten past dinner time she practically dragged her owner onto the trailer!

• Haha 5
22 minutes ago, Kitt said:

The nice thing about running my own business is the ability to say I am taking today off just because...

Today it's because I had a rather vehement discussion with a 4 year old Clydesdale mare yesterday. She went on her first off farm excursion since we brought her to her new home. Loaded great in the morning. She apparently decided she had so much fun on the trails at the wildlife management area she didn't want to go home.

Well, when she realized it had gotten past dinner time she practically dragged her owner onto the trailer!

Food is a great motivator. lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..