The Drop in Centre

26 minutes ago, drown said:

I wrote and edited for 6 hours and forgot to eat.

How is everyone else doing? Weekend!!!

@Mikiesboy How is the snow?

Snow is still there, but the sun is out and i don't think we'll have snow for too long.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

It happened because of your inclination toward cold and your stature. It was a natural choice, really! Then when Dan came along, he had to fit in, so ... Bears.

Well, yeah, I am in shorts and t-shirt year round.  I hear Dan is a grizzly bear, so that fits. 

• Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Snow is still there, but the sun is out and i don't think we'll have snow for too long.

I was contemplating the time to go out and shovel it, but the sun has been working its magic, so the shovel is staying in the garage. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I was contemplating the time to go out and shovel it, but the sun has been working its magic, so the shovel is staying in the garage. 

Super sunny here.. and its melting the snow!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

They look yummy 😋 

Hopefully, they are yummy. Sliced the cool one, we'll have some toast with eggs and stuff for dinner. 

• Love 2
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

Hopefully, they are yummy. Sliced the cool one, we'll have some toast with eggs and stuff for dinner. 

Very nice. 

We've just got back from dinner and drinks out, with Hubby's Canadian cousins.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, chris191070 said:

Very nice. 

We've just got back from dinner and drinks out, with Hubby's Canadian cousins.

Oh that's nice. You're on holidays now.. i hope you enjoy your time off!

• Love 3
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

They look really good! 😊

They came out really well.  They are 100% whole wheat with no sugar.. so only five ingredients, WW flour, yeast, oil, salt and water.  The usual bread we buy.. has no sugar but is $3.99 a loaf.  We bought 2.5 kg of WW flour for $3.97 from Wally World. We'll probably 6 or 7 loaves from that... we'll bake 2 loaves a week or one and some WW Rolls.  The bread machine or the kitchenaid does the work mixing and the machine can do the first rise too.  So, you just need to put the timer on and wait. We do other chores while waiting.

Edited by Mikiesboy
wrong price for a loaf of bread
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

They came out really well.  They are 100% whole wheat with no sugar.. so only five ingredients, WW flour, yeast, oil, salt and water.  The usual bread we buy.. has no sugar but is $4.99 a loaf.  We bought 2.5 kg of WW flour for $3.97 from Wally World. We'll probably 6 or 7 loaves from that... we'll bake 2 loaves a week or one and some WW Rolls.  The bread machine or the kitchenaid does the work mixing and the machine can do the first rise too.  So, you just need to put the timer on and wait. We do other chores while waiting.

I've always wanted to make bread from scratch, but it sounds so intimidating.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CassieQ said:

I've always wanted to make bread from scratch, but it sounds so intimidating.

Don't be.. it's really not very hard. I promise.  This guy makes great bread and he's really good with directions.  The most successful bakers weigh their ingredients so i'd recommend a good digital scale and weigh everything in grams.   Watch this guy..  He's got lots of recipes online. I've made this today and his whole wheat sandwich rolls.  If you follow his instructions, you'll have bread.  You need a 9 x 5 in loaf pan, a scale and a thermometer would be a bonus.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Don't be.. it's really not very hard. I promise.  This guy makes great bread and he's really good with directions.  The most successful bakers weigh their ingredients so i'd recommend a good digital scale and weigh everything in grams.   Watch this guy..  He's got lots of recipes online. I've made this today and his whole wheat sandwich rolls.  If you follow his instructions, you'll have bread.  You need a 9 x 5 in loaf pan, a scale and a thermometer would be a bonus.

I know I have a scale and thermometer...I'll have to check on the pan.  Thank you for this!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, CassieQ said:

I know I have a scale and thermometer...I'll have to check on the pan.  Thank you for this!

You're welcome.  Mostly, i taught this to myself.  I've had a couple of unsuccessful loaves, but they were not good recipes and i didn't know enough back then to be able to fix them.  Let me know if i can help.

If you need a pan, buy a good one. My fav are USA Pans, cost a bit more, but worth it in the long run. I add a teaspoon of oil, spread it around with a pastry brush. Nothing sticks.. wash by hand, no metal objects.

Maybe you'll become addicted like me, i'd happily bake bread everyday. I don't, but i could..lol.  Have fun. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

You're welcome.  Mostly, i taught this to myself.  I've had a couple of unsuccessful loaves, but they were not good recipes and i didn't know enough back then to be able to fix them.  Let me know if i can help.

If you need a pan, buy a good one. My fav are USA Pans, cost a bit more, but worth it in the long run. I add a teaspoon of oil, spread it around with a pastry brush. Nothing sticks.. wash by hand, no metal objects.

Maybe you'll become addicted like me, i'd happily bake bread everyday. I don't, but i could..lol.  Have fun. 

I'm sure your bears appreciate your dedication to loaves of yummy goodness. Once we're done with our move and I get the kitchen sorted out I'll give this bread-making thing a whirl. Unpacking sucks just as much as packing lol.

You need to complete your kitchen essentials with a chef's hat.

Have a good day everyone!

sticker-template-with-chef-boy-cartoon-character-isolated_1308-63002.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, kbois said:

I'll give this bread-making thing a whirl

Yay!!  Go for it.  Thanks for the hat. lol

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yay!!  Go for it.  Thanks for the hat. lol

I figure it'll make you look almost as tall as your polar bear husband. 😆

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Out this afternoon for one of Hubby's Aunts 90th Birthday Party.

Wow! Congrats to her. Enjoy your afternoon!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

My nana's house always smelled like things baking or cooking.  She would make bread from scratch too.  I also remember helping my grandma make biscuits from scratch one year for Christmas.  Legit used flour and rolling pin, I was surprised at how much fun it was.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CassieQ said:

My nana's house always smelled like things baking or cooking.  She would make bread from scratch too.  I also remember helping my grandma make biscuits from scratch one year for Christmas.  Legit used flour and rolling pin, I was surprised at how much fun it was.  

:) I hope you enjoy your foray into bread-making just as much.

• Love 3

It's Monday once again. If you are a hater of Monday's try laughing at it and call it childish names. Maybe stamp your foot too. Teach it who's boss.  After that, enjoy the day.

This one i know to be true:

image.png.1090da30d0922b594ddf4a67bcb0a4e2.png

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..