The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

I love easter candy. Except Cadbury eggs lol. That filling ...I just cannot 

i have a terrible sweet tooth.. Cadbury and Laura Secords creme eggs.. oh yes please... yes! I'll have yours! 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m the same about those eggs. 

These are the ones I like, and I absolutely love that they’re now sold pretty well near year round and not just at Easter. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAVruZFTFM1zpTtCZ4PeX

i wasn't keen on the micro version .. i like the mini version though. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, kbois said:

Well... 99% of our stuff is moved. Just a few odds and ends left to get tomorrow when we go back and clean. 

Every part of my body aches. 

I'm getting too old for this crap. 

Now it's going to be living in chaos until we get everything organized. Although once the kitchen is done then most of the mess will be taken care of. 

That's good.. sorry it's been hard. Glad you got moved. i know unpacking isn't too exciting either. 

image.png.9f6145b53feb42fd12e3c1b83feb1310.png

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Are the mini's just chocolate or are they creme filled? I get 1 creme egg a year since I was diagnosed with type ll. But somehow I always end up wearing the filling.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

Are the mini's just chocolate or are they creme filled? I get 1 creme egg a year since I was diagnosed with type ll. But somehow I always end up wearing the filling.

Just chocolate for the little ones .. i haven't had a creme egg for a couple of years...but i love them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

reading this, I realized I picked the wrong image, because I’ve only ever had the mini eggs, and I’m not even sure if I’ve seen the micro ones in the store. 

Edit: Judging by the pic, I can’t see as they’re any different looking than the minis.

My grocer has a lot of these eggs on display, so next time I’m there, I look to see if they have the micro ones to see what they’re like. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I love easter candy. Except Cadbury eggs lol. That filling ...I just cannot 

I love Cadbury Creme Eggs, especially the new white ones.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I love Cadbury Creme Eggs, especially the new white ones.

Oh, I've not seen those. I will have a look! Maybe a treat is in order. (That sounds like I never have a treat, which is, of course, nonsense. I have them all the time.)

• Love 1

I have to get some sympathy cards today. A dear friend's father passed away last night. He was 96 and had lived a very full life. He'd been in and out of hospital for the past year, so i suppose you could see it coming.  Still, it's sad for our friend and her mom. I can't imagine life without Michael, let alone someone who I had been with for 70+ years.  

She said in her email, life has to go on ... yes it does but ... i don't always have to like it.  :(

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I have to get some sympathy cards today. A dear friend's father passed away last night. He was 96 and had lived a very full life. He'd been in and out of hospital for the past year, so i suppose you could see it coming.  Still, it's sad for our friend and her mom. I can't imagine life without Michael, let alone someone who I had been with for 70+ years.  

She said in her email, life has to go on ... yes it does but ... i don't always have to like it.  :(

🫂

A sad day for your friend. And no, you don’t have to like the things that life throws at us. I am sending you hugs. I’m sorry.

• Love 5

Oh, I've not seen those. I will have a look! Maybe a treat is in order. (That sounds like I never have a treat, which is, of course, nonsense. I have them all the time.)

I spoil myself everytime I go shopping and buy Creme Eggs, mainly for me. As Hubby has Diabetes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I spoil myself everytime I go shopping and buy Creme Eggs, mainly for me. As Hubby has Diabetes.

Michael says i should just get things i want even if He can't eat them, but i can't do that. He says i shouldn't think that way, but i do. Crazy i guess.  Do you eat them in front of your husband?

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I loved those eggs when I was little!  Then when I was around 12 or so, I was eating one in the car and discovered that I didn't like it very much.  Turns out I get car sick and now those little eggs make me nauseated.

i can see how that could be both good and bad.

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael says i should just get things i want even if He can't eat them, but i can't do that. He says i shouldn't think that way, but i do. Crazy i guess.  Do you eat them in front of your husband?

Sometimes x

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
52 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Not crazy, it’s absolutely lovely you think that way.

Thinking that way just shows how much you love him and want to do your best for him.

Mike’s a lucky man. 

• Love 4

Walked over to the shops with Michael. Dan has gone to visit his family.  i'm feeling a bit low but i am gonna make two loaves of bread for the week and mint sauce.

We used to just buy mint sauce which was great, it was just a bit of sugar, vinegar and mint but the last time we bought the same brand, we noticed they have started to thicken it. It's disgusting. i hate the texture of it so. Gonna make my own. Maybe i'll try and root some of it and add it to my little garden. 

It was busy and i didn't fancy walking to the dollar store to grab a sympathy card.. so i found one in Metro for only $8.99.  Really?  Hmm.. maybe time to see about doing that myself too.  i'm tired of being ripped off for everything.

Right, make bread and mint sauce.

• Love 5

Walked over to the shops with Michael. Dan has gone to visit his family.  i'm feeling a bit low but i am gonna make two loaves of bread for the week and mint sauce.

We used to just buy mint sauce which was great, it was just a bit of sugar, vinegar and mint but the last time we bought the same brand, we noticed they have started to thicken it. It's disgusting. i hate the texture of it so. Gonna make my own. Maybe i'll try and root some of it and add it to my little garden. 

It was busy and i didn't fancy walking to the dollar store to grab a sympathy card.. so i found one in Metro for only $8.99.  Really?  Hmm.. maybe time to see about doing that myself too.  i'm tired of being ripped off for everything.

Right, make bread and mint sauce.

Mint spreads like WILDFIRE in the garden so be mindful of that lol 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Mint spreads like WILDFIRE in the garden so be mindful of that lol 

I kept mine in a pot and it still gew like crazy everywhere.

• Wow 5
5 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Oh boy.. lol  i grow thyme, basil, oregano and parsley ..  the thyme likes to spread, but the other three aren't so bad.  But you need to pinch them back often.  I see a lot of mint juleps in my future.. dried mint, and possibly gallons of mint sauce...lol

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
34 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh boy.. lol  i grow thyme, basil, oregano and parsley ..  the thyme likes to spread, but the other three aren't so bad.  But you need to pinch them back often.  I see a lot of mint juleps in my future.. dried mint, and possibly gallons of mint sauce...lol

Mint tea 😆 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I never had that problem with mint. Oregano, on the other hand....oof. I pulled up all of the original plantings I could see, and I'm still finding little pockets of it, years later.

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..