The Drop in Centre

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Stay inside, snuggle under a comfy blanket and drink lots of tea. :hug: :hug: 

Yeah i am glad we do not have to go anywhere today. so windy and the bedroom was freezing all night. got up to put on a long sleeved tshirt to wear in bed...

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

it made me stop and think how good people can be.  gave my flagging Christmas spirit a lift

A wonderful scene to envision. Thanks for sharing this, tim. :) 

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah i am glad we do not have to go anywhere today. so windy and the bedroom was freezing all night. got up to put on a long sleeved tshirt to wear in bed...

I’d rather stay in, but I’ve got errands I need to do. Oh well, warm coat, mittens and the subway (not walking today) will have to see me through. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’d rather stay in, but I’ve got errands I need to do. Oh well, warm coat, mittens and the subway (not walking today) will have to see me through. 

ear mitts ... those things are mini-miracles.. especially in the wind... honestly if you dont have some, get some.

https://www.amazon.ca/Ear-Mitts-Bandless-ThinsulateTM-Insulation/dp/B001F8LJ6K

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Ugh ... this one should be drop-kicked into the corner. However, i share in case it means something to someone today. I feel like shit, sore throat, freezing cold and i'm nauseous ... feck, feck, feck

Don't make me put you in bed with some Vic's Vapor Rub, a hot beverage of your choice, and sing to you soft kitty. :hug: Start feeling better, my Brother.

@Kitt I thought I would have to cancel too, it was cold and wet most of the day. But cleared up. Got to see the cold moon, but not the meteors. Damn city.

Hope everyone has a great day.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Don't make me put you in bed with some Vic's Vapor Rub, a hot beverage of your choice, and sing to you soft kitty. :hug: Start feeling better, my Brother.

You're gonna sing to me?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

You're gonna sing to me?

Yes, but only one song. Otherwise, no. My singing is banned by the Geneva Convention.

This is the song:

61oK10KTkZL._SY606_.jpg

Edited by BHopper2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Yes, but only one song. Otherwise, no. My singing is banned by the Geneva Convention.

This is the song:

61oK10KTkZL._SY606_.jpg

I feel just fine.. not to worry ... maybe just a dry throat because of the central heating.. you know how that is

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I feel just fine.. not to worry ... maybe just a dry throat because of the central heating.. you know how that is

Yes, I do. Sip some Hot Tea with Honey, Lemon, and a shot of rum. Or skip the tea, and just drink the rum.

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

ear mitts ... those things are mini-miracles.. especially in the wind... honestly if you dont have some, get some.

https://www.amazon.ca/Ear-Mitts-Bandless-ThinsulateTM-Insulation/dp/B001F8LJ6K

Oddly - or not - cold ears/head doesn’t bother me. As long as my hands - mittens, not gloves are a must - are warm, the cold doesn’t bother me that much. Well, mittens paired with a warm coat, and scarf, that is. 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Oddly - or not - cold ears/head doesn’t bother me. As long as my hands - mittens, not gloves are a must - are warm, the cold doesn’t bother me that much. Well, mittens paired with a warm coat, and scarf, that is. 

I'm the opposite. Have to have my head covered when it's cold. Hands I can stick in pockets.

@Mikiesboy, I hope you're having an all right day in spite of everything. :) 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 3
49 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

9 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I'm the opposite. Have to have my head covered when it's cold. Hands I can stick in pockets.

i don't like winter hats, i wear ball caps to keep the sun off my head, but i hate to be cold! my feet are the worst, if my feet are cold i'm a miserable wretch

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i don't like winter hats, i wear ball caps to keep the sun off my head, but i hate to be cold! my feet are the worst, if my feet are cold i'm a miserable wretch

not a fan of hats either... but with the ear mitts i often dont need one.. ears are warm and the wind isn't roaring in them so i feel good.   i may have to go back to bed for a bit.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

just tired .. have some stuff to get done .. just mince tarts now .. Michael said to not worry about them. to just take it easy. i have the gifts to wrap as well... after Michael's football is over. i'll ask Him to help me

• Like 4

Survived the grocery! Pleasantly surprised to see every checkout lane open, and an entire flock of uniformed Boy Scouts bagging!  Got everything I will need ( with the exception of milk, we ALWAYS need milk)  till after new years.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Survived the grocery! Pleasantly surprised to see every checkout lane open, and an entire flock of uniformed Boy Scouts bagging!  Got everything I will need ( with the exception of milk, we ALWAYS need milk)  till after new years.

that is very nice ... these small miracles make the day just a bit nicer.

you could freeze the milk...

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

you could freeze the milk...

Tried that. Separates as thawing, then hubby pours off the first glass without shaking, getting most of the cream.  He then complains the rest tastes like skimmed milk. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

Tried that. Separates as thawing, then hubby pours off the first glass without shaking, getting most of the cream.  He then complains the rest tastes like skimmed milk. 

we only drink 1% or skim so it doesnt bother us .  we just shake the bag before opening it ... i guess higher fat content would need a more thorough shaking..

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I like 2%, personally. But like everything else here, only I do.

I like 3%... More fat = tastier milk. :P I could probably make do with 2%, though. The next one down from 3% here is 1.5%, which I think is too little.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I did my end-of-the-year grocery shopping on Wednesday.  A 6:00 AM departure from home put me in the almost-vacant store shortly after the 7:00 opening and I was gone by 8:15.  Being independent, I've come to love the self-checkout, so I had to be my own Boy Scout.  No milk on my list, but definitely enough 🍷 to last until well into the new year :) 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Kitt said:

i'll order mine online tonight for pick-up sometime tomorrow

10 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I like 2%, personally. But like everything else here, only I do.

milk...eeewwwww just to wet the oatmeal & smooth out bad coffee

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
49 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I remember them helping out at my parents grocery store, and thinking what a great idea someone had to set that up. 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..