verb | uh-SWAYJ  

Definition

:
to lessen the intensity of (something that pains or distresses) : ease

:
to make quiet : pacify

:
to put an end to by satisfying : appease, quench

Scholars assume that the word assuage derives from assuaviare, a Vulgar Latin term that combines the prefix ad- ("to" or "toward") and the Latin suavis, meaning "sweet," "pleasant," or "agreeable." (Suavis is also the source of the adjective suave.) To assuage is to sweeten or make agreeable or tolerable, and it is far from the only English word for relieving or softening something difficult. Others include allay, alleviate, and mitigate. Allay implies an effective calming or soothing of fears or alarms, while alleviate implies temporary or partial lessening of pain or distress. Mitigate suggests moderating or countering the force or intensity of something painful.

• Love 5

Well, I'm at my parents'. Tesla is skeptical. We've put her in the library with an improvised screen door, to keep her separated from my mum's cats. Anubis would probably think it was just fine to have her out and about in the house, but Merit doesn't like other cats (she barely tolerates her house mate; she's a rescue from a house where there were way too many cats and none of them were neutered, so she's pretty traumatised and has always had to fight for everything). I'm sitting in the library with my laptop keeping Tesla company now. Thinking I might do some writing while I'm in here. Tesla seems a bit happier with me in here, though she doesn't want food. She ate a treat I gave her, though.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Good morning, lovelies. 

Wish you a great day! 

tim, feel better:hug: 

Im off to the game (we’ll lose) so I’ll see you later!! 

Muah

just a little positive thinking boss!!!

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Damn Unicorn glitter-farts getting in my eyes...

By this, I mean Happy Tears... not like the Damn Onions which are sad tears.

Ok, back later. Have another 8 more things to read before I can finish my assessment and turn in.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

By this, I mean Happy Tears... not like the Damn Onions which are sad tears.

Ok, back later. Have another 8 more things to read before I can finish my assessment and turn in.

i must write an  "A" dictionary so i can figure out what he is saying...LOL

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Someone stab me, please!

I had just told tim, in a PM, "these are easy reads." I should have kept my damn mouth closed. They have been easy reads, up until the one I'm on now.

A study on Critical Thinking in the developmental years of Childhood and Adolescents, and how Parents are failing their Children. A 160-page academic study, with citations, references, facts and figures, study group size, length of the study, and charts.

• Love 1

A study on Critical Thinking in the developmental years of Childhood and Adolescents, and how Parents are failing their Children. A 160-page academic study, with citations, references, facts and figures, study group size, length of the study, and charts.

I'll sum it up in a few words:

1. Don't be an overbearing parent.
  2. Let kids make more decisions about their own life.
  3. Don't bail out teens when they do a bad decision. Unless it's a matter of life or death.
  4. Teach them to Think Critically. Before you can do that as a Parent, you must be a Critical Thinker, and not like 90% of the world who are not.
  • Like 4

i can feel my eyes rolling back in my head... ugh .. Parents are failing their kids by bringing them up as precious.  It was cool on the bus the other day; a man got on with two little kids maybe 7 or so. People were jumping out the seats to let them sit down. Man said, "Sit down. They have legs they can stand." .. i wanted to applaud. i never sat on a bus when i was a kid.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i can feel my eyes rolling back in my head... ugh .. Parents are failing their kids by bringing them up as precious. 

I rolled my eyes so hard, I gave myself a headache. Also, you're right about how some are bringing up kids today.

• Like 1
Just now, BHopper2 said:

I rolled my eyes so hard, I gave myself a headache. Also, you're right about how some are bringing up kids today.

LOL.  Kids are kids, not glass.. God, in strollers until they are 8 for feck's sake.  Pissed me off one morning.. on the bus and woman gets on with her stroller and pulls it closer banging me in the knee that can happily never be banged. I said, do you mind .. i'm not sitting here, with a cane because i can stand. Tired of these people who think we all need to jump outta the way for them and their bloody kids. Strollers the width of the aisle.. and we are supposed be grateful as we try and get by them. Carry your damned kid or let them use the legs they have.  Should have size restrictions on strollers allowed on buses.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Should have size restrictions on strollers allowed on buses. 

HARTLine, our bus system here has rules on strollers. They must be folded up, and be able to be stored in one of the storage areas. if they can't sorry no bus ride for you.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..