The Drop in Centre

4 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Hmmm.  I am thinking on the lines "Oh shit, I have to read ALL of this?"

Excellent, i agree with you... ~records that under 'O'~ ..no.. that should be under S ... oh do not write dictionaries under the influence of the common cold.  ugh.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

@Kitt & @Mikiesboy the dictionary of A sounds like a great idea! lol!

@BHopper2 i hope that watching the young uns goes/went well

@Thorn Wilde looking forward to seeing the pictures and i'm glad your cat is calmer with you in the room

@Hunter Thomson good to see you!  hope your year end is a good one too!

hoping everyone is have a good day!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@BHopper2 i hope that watching the young uns goes/went well

It did. The threat from Grandmother (my cousin that adopted my Nephew) of calling Santa and telling him not to bring anything for her, settled her down right quick. Their mom was not happy I made her clean up the mess.

My view: If you think you're responsible enough to have kids, then you better fraking take care of them, or my ass will be calling DCF. The only reason why I haven't yet is that I was asked not too.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

It did. The threat from Grandmother (my cousin that adopted my Nephew) of calling Santa and telling him not to bring anything for her, settled her down right quick. Their mom was not happy I made her clean up the mess.

My view: If you think you're responsible enough to have kids, then you better fraking take care of them, or my ass will be calling DCF. The only reason why I haven't yet is that I was asked not too.

i know what you mean...i've been tempted with the dolts upstairs

Sir has ordered dinner .. i will try and eat some .. haven't been eating much last two days.   i cannot stop sneezing and i cannot blame cedar trees...

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sir has ordered dinner .. i will try and eat some .. haven't been eating much last two days.   i cannot stop sneezing and i cannot blame cedar trees...

You take care of yourself, Bro. Enjoy dinner.

About to have dinner as well. Back in a moment.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Hey everyone spent the day getting ready for then travelling to my parents place for Christmas, and happily,  the train ride was pleasant.

Just finished dinner and I’m having coffee and honemade chocolate chip shortbread for dessert. :D

I’ll be around...

• Love 4

Is it weather report time? 

37F here.  No idea what that is in Celsius. Chilly but not super cold

I'm making cookies  and finishing wrapping the gifts I have.  Amazon promises 2 Will be here by 8pm tomorrow lol 

I have to work tomorrow morning.  Should be leaving at noon.  

What are y'all doing tonight/tomorrow?

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Promised pictures of Christmas tree! Gotta show off some ornaments, too. Some of them are 100 years old...Picture quality's pretty low cause otherwise I wouldn't have been able to fit them all. I may upload them all to the gallery in full size later, though. If I can be bothered.

We're traditionalists, I guess. Christmas tree lights are meant to look like candles. :P 

tree.jpg.a0a51fc2b046ae47ace3d7b1ba5bb139.jpg

Bird of paradise. One of the oldest ornaments, I think:

1466354619_birdofparadise.jpg.82cbfa18dbd5de332b5d0db842940501.jpg

Nativity scene, also old:

Nativity.jpg.08dc0217dde1c378f2b7e56c4a4cc6c2.jpg

My grandmother made the pine cone. Or, well, painted it and put glitter on:

pinecone.jpg.d9ef1199808363fbbcb36a9229b1b505.jpg

And I love this glass icicle:

bauble.jpg.70002e2ecd11b364d80724715c28b724.jpg

Sorry about the spam. :P 

oh those are very nice!  thanks for sharing them.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I'm making cookies  and finishing wrapping the gifts I have.  Amazon promises 2 Will be here by 8pm tomorrow lol 

i dont know ... either going for work part of the day or to the doctor so i can prove to work i am actually sick .. what do i want to do.. stay in bed

• Sad 4
3 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Yay cookies! Tomorrow is Christmas dinner and gift opening. Because us Scandinavians are weird like that and do all that stuff on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day. Not sure why, we just do. Before that we'll be visiting my dad's grave to light a candle and put down a wreath. Tradition.

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh those are very nice!  thanks for sharing them.

Thank you! Decorating the tree is always my job. Not entirely sure why, as I'm slightly allergic to spruce and my hands start itching...

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..