The Drop in Centre

14 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I like 3%... More fat = tastier milk. :P I could probably make do with 2%, though. The next one down from 3% here is 1.5%, which I think is too little.

They only sell Whole Milk, 2%, 1%, and Skim here in Florida. It's illegal to Buy Raw Milk straight from the Cows utter, for humans to consume, but it's perfectly fine to buy it for your kitties to have. So, you have to buy it for your cats and then share it with them. Highly not recommended, unless you grew up on a farm, because of bacteria and other nastiness.

20 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

I did my end-of-the-year grocery shopping on Wednesday.  A 6:00 AM departure from home put me in the almost-vacant store shortly after the 7:00 opening and I was gone by 8:15.  Being independent, I've come to love the self-checkout, so I had to be my own Boy Scout.  No milk on my list, but definitely enough 🍷 to last until well into the new year :) 

You also have one hell of a round trip! I was talking about my Uncle about that, my Mom's family is from the Mountains of Tennessee, and he said they had to do it as kids. Knoxville or Gatlinburg were their spots.

20 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'll order mine online tonight for pick-up sometime tomorrow

Walmart, Publix, and Amazon will deliver to the house. My Uncle refuses to let me use it.

21 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

milk...eeewwwww just to wet the oatmeal & smooth out bad coffee

I just picked up some Silk Almond Milk Creamer. It's pretty good. Otherwise, I have my Carnation powder. I know not that good for you. But, I've been able to cut sugar out of my coffee. I'm keeping one vice. LOL.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Carnation powder. I know not that good for you. But, I've been able to cut sugar out of my coffee. I'm keeping one vice. LOL.

Interesting you should mention Carnation, because Carnation (cream in a can) was a staple in my family’s fridge going up. Can’t recall what it was used for as my parents both drink their coffe black. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

I don’t drink the stuff. I cook with it and use it for cereal and in my tea. I’m actually lactose intolerant, but you get lactose free dairy these days. Yay!

• Like 5

Hi everyone!! 

Had dinner with the teachers last night. Our PTA is so very good, but I’m glad that’s done.. 

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

That’s how I feel too, molly. except, never in coffee or tea..

Hope you get over the sneezes soon. 

27 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

been told to go back to bed .. see you in a bit later.

:hug:I hope you’re feeling better soon, tim. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

You also have one hell of a round trip! I was talking about my Uncle about that, my Mom's family is from the Mountains of Tennessee, and he said they had to do it as kids. Knoxville or Gatlinburg were their spots.

I should point out that we have an adequate grocery store (and hardware store and drug store) here in my home town, but the selection is severely limited and the prices are generally 50% higher than in Portland.  Wine prices are closer to double, and other things we consider essential these days are non-existent.  So even with the travel expense, two or three trips a month to the city are necessary and cost effective.  I love where I live and wouldn't live anywhere else, but there is a price to be paid.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Christmas, 3 kids, 3 stores, done

now Phil wants to go do some looking around at pawn shops & such

i'll be around 

Happy hunting/browsing/shopping, molly and Phil. :) 

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

back... didn't sleep .. cannot get warm. Michael closed all windows earlier.. heat is on.. have socks, track pants, a sleeveless tshirt, a long sleeved tshirt and Sir's huge thick sweater.. covered in a blanket and another around my shoulders..  ate a slice of toast (it's iffy at the mo, as to whether it will remain inside me) and having hot tea... blah ugh

maybe a hot shower, or perhaps a bath with Epsom salts?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Kitt said:

maybe a hot shower, or perhaps a bath with Epsom salts?

i am not getting naked .. and i havent had a bath since i was 10. .. not gonna happen.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
52 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

back... didn't sleep .. cannot get warm. Michael closed all windows earlier.. heat is on.. have socks, track pants, a sleeveless tshirt, a long sleeved tshirt and Sir's huge thick sweater.. covered in a blanket and another around my shoulders..  ate a slice of toast (it's iffy at the mo, as to whether it will remain inside me) and having hot tea... blah ugh

Two words: hot chocolate

• Like 2
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hope you’ll warm up! :hug: 

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i am happier out here in the living room.. listening to some good old fashioned rock n roll...  and one of my favs, Meatloaf.   who btw should be in the rock n roll hall of fame ...

Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell 2 and 3 are his greatest works ever.

And yes, he should be in the hall of fame.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..