The Drop in Centre

@Zenobia, sounds like you got around a lot and had a wonderful time. Can’t beat those Museum deals. Hard to imagine you can get away from the city, by stepping into a park in the City.  For a while at least. 

There aren’t that many big supermarket chains in NY. Off the top of my head I can name 3. Gristedes has been around forever and their high prices are notorious, but then so is the service they offer. 

The older buildings definitely hold more architectural appeal and most are must see landmarks. Although some of the newer ones, most recently the World Trade Center Hub, is stunning. 

Anyway, I’m so glad that you had a nice visit. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Mental break... If I see another Subject/Verb fragment, run-on, sentence I think I will punch something.

While I like the fact I'm getting a refresher, this is the stuff I struggle with.

Are you saying that your educational materials are flawed?  How shocking!!

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Hey all.. 

finished my civic duty for tonight. We helped set up rides for voters. 

No school tomorrow, so I can relax, wake up late... 😁

It may be a controversial subject in some states, but I'm delighted to live in a state that is 100% mail-in.  Or in my case, walk one block and drop it in the box at the courthouse. 🙂

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

It may be a controversial subject in some states, but I'm delighted to live in a state that is 100% mail-in.  Or in my case, walk one block and drop it in the box at the courthouse. 🙂

I do mine by mail-in too. I did it at the apartment because I didn't have transportation to get to the polling place, and now at the uncle's, it's automatically set to send to me till the 2020 Presidential election. I keep forgetting to cancel it until I get it in the mail. Everyone else here does early voting.

• Like 5

Back to classwork. On the final chapter, and then have the assessment. Plus I get to check if she marked any more of my posts as unsubstantial without explanation.

# of Discussion Posts Made this week = 18

# of Discussion Posts Accepted as of 4:00 pm today = 6

# Needed for participation = 8

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

Back to classwork. On the final chapter, and then have the assessment. Plus I get to check if she marked any more of my posts as unsubstantial without explanation.

# of Discussion Posts Made this week = 18

# of Discussion Posts Accepted as of 4:00 pm today = 6

# Needed for participation = 8

that's just not right that she didn't give any explanation as to why she felt they were insubstantial

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that's just not right that she didn't give any explanation as to why she felt they were insubstantial

Yeah... and I'm not the only one in class that has issues with it either. There's a chat feature built into our eCampus, where we can talk to each other. I've gotten a few pings asking if it was happening to me too.

The school's policy is the instructor has the final say on what is and is not substantial for participation, and last week someone openly asked her in the Class Messages what does she consider substantial. She referred back to her Instructor Policies.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..