The Drop in Centre

4 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Try some baroque chamber music. They say it is excellent for study and concentration. Something about the number of beats opening the memory center.

thanks! i'll look into that

i have Tim Janis and Andrea Bocelli on a playlist seems to be working a bit

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Here's today's word:

mordant Audio pronunciation

adjective | MOR-dunt  

Definition

:
biting and caustic in thought, manner, or style : incisive

:
acting as a mordant (as in dyeing)

:

The etymology of mordant certainly has some bite to it. That word, which came to modern English through Middle French, ultimately derives from the Latin verb mordēre, which means "to bite." In modern parlance, mordant usually suggests a wit that is used with deadly effectiveness. Mordēre puts the bite into other English terms, too. For instance, that root gave us the tasty morsel ("a tiny bite"). But nibble too many of those and you'll likely be hit by another mordēre derivative: remorse ("guilt for past wrongs"), which comes from Latin remordēre, meaning "to bite again."

I have not seen that word in a very long time and would have been hard pressed to explain it out of context.

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, Zenobia said:

Which I did, and it made me a bit more tired, and as it's nearly midnight -> hush, I'm off to bed.

But it's so nice to stop by here and I hope you all have a fine evening 💓

Sleep Well, Zen.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..