Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Good day, all! :hug:

Another mainly cloudy, but dry day here. Just got back from the shopping trip I had talked about doing yesterday, so kitchen now stocked again with fresh produce. :) 

Yesterday I shared a photo with you all that I had taken on my 65th birthday, so today here's one I took a year later on my 66th...

Spoiler

9854251833_ab04ef1626_b.jpg

Have a great day, everyone! :thumbup:

Edited by Marty
Flipping typos!
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Marty said:

Good day, all! :hug:

Another mainly cloudy, but dry day here. Just got back from the shopping trip I had talked about doing yesterday, so kitchen now stocked again with fresh produce. :) 

Yesterday I shared a photo with you all that I had taken on my 65th birthday, so today here's one I took a year later on my 66th...

Hide contents

9854251833_ab04ef1626_b.jpg

Have a great day, everyone! :thumbup:

Hi, Marty! :hug:  You have a great day too!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Grocery  prices are up I am guessing 23% to 30% right now:blink:

Crazy. :/

I haven't seen any increases here in Ireland. Or heard of any. My biggest worry here is that I seldom see bread flour on the shelves. Seems people are bulk buying it, as there's often no flour of any description on the shelves, unless I go in very early in the morning. Fortunately I have enough to last me a few more months, that I had actually bought before the covid-19 scare.

Edited by Marty
Clarification
  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
2 minutes ago, Marty said:

Crazy. :/

I haven't seen any increases here in Ireland. Or heard of any. My biggest problem here is that I can seldom get bread flour. Seems people are bulk buying it, as there's often no flour of any description on the shelves, unless I go in very early in the morning. Fortunately I have enough to last me a few more months, that I had actually bought before the covid-19 scare.

It maybe haven't gotten around to you yet Marty I hope that not the case . And then I am coming to stay with you :rofl:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
15 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I get my flour from these peeps I don't know if they would ship to Ireland:yes:

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/

they mill there own flour

Their website includes this under "International Shipping"...

International shipping

Contact us for a shipping quote:
call: 1 802 299-2240 x701
fax: 1 802 295-5296

They also stress that

[We] do not handle customs or tariff logistics, which are especially important for food items. We strongly encourage you to check into your country's shipping regulations before contacting us with an order.

Also I cannot see whether or not their flour is milled using millstones or roller-mills. I prefer stone-ground flour, as there are several advantages to stone-ground wheat flour. The endosperm, bran, and germ remain in their natural, original proportions and, because the stones grind slowly, the wheat germ is not exposed to the excessive temperatures that roller-mills generate.

I normally buy my bread flour when I am in England visiting relatives.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Were ok we went shopping for food and the prices are out of this world omg:blink:

Prices on orange juice are expected to skyrocket. The farmers in Florida have laborers to collect the harvest, but the fruit is rotting on the trees. There isn't any point in harvesting the oranges right now, because the juicing plant is shut down.

Morgan and I made Rachael Ray's recipe for "Korean" Sloppy Joes before we went to the store.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/korean-inspired-sloppy-joes-and-quick-pickles-5639442

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..