Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

I want to tell you a story that my husband told me one time about what happened to him in his own words:

"Thanks a lot for not putting more beer into the fridge before you went to work this morning. I had to go get it myself. You know how hard it is to get a 30 pk of beer out of the fridge on the porch in a wheelchair? Well, let me tell you! I wheeled myself out, I took the key to unlock the padlock, I grabbed the 30 pk and I put it on my lap. I was proud of myself. I pulled myself in the trailer and I went forward, the wheelchair went backwards, the beer went forwards. I thought to myself, 'I can just sit here and drink my beer but what happens if I have to go to the bathroom. I could just go in the vent in the floor but I knew you would get grossed out on me doing that so decided to try to get up.' So I straightened myself up and leaned on the side of the sofa to rest. Then I scooted back out on the porch and locked my wheelchair. I grabbed the rail I had put in on the porch for me to use to pull me up to be ale to stand on my only leg. I was proud of myself. I had positioned the wheelchair to where I could sit in it easily. I sat down in it. Now I was really proud of myself! I pulled myself into the trailer and picked all the beer up and put it in the fridge. But was too tired to drink it now so I went back to bed and took a nap! Don't you ever forget to put my beer in the fridge again! I mean it, woman!"

The things I remember about my late husband keeps me going!

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..