Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Happy Friday, all! :hug:  I'm feeling better... at least my throat is, but I have chills at the moment. I think the worst is over...

Spoiler

tumblr_or2wqbSH6Z1qzcqino1_r2_1280.png

Hi, Gary! :hug:

Great to hear you're starting to feel better! :yes:

• Like 5

My stepson and his wife's friend that came with them for the Thanksgiving holidays made his dog some oatmeal to eat but she would not eat it, even though she loves oatmeal. Thought she would eat it until Susie walked over there and started licking the bowl. The friend told his dog that since you did not eat it Elli, that Susie could have it and this time tomorrow you will e hungry again when he decides to feed her again. I told my stepson that and he said we will feed her later without their friend knowing it. I thought it was hilarious cause of the fact Elli did not eat it when she knows there is another dog in the house! lol She will know this quote by her owners' teaching's: If you're given a great opportunity, take it. Opportunity doesn't knock twice.

• Like 5

Ok I need to rant about something. My brother, sister and I own the property I live on and it was my stepson's home when he was young. He thinks of me as his mom and he thinks of his birth mom as just his birth mom.  Ok, this is what I am upset about. 

I told their friend to not take any silverware or dishes out of my house which they still do anyway. Even though the friend has always brought them back, my stepson leaves them outside and they get lost or blown away by the wind. I have had to buy silverware a bunch to restock them. But I told the friend to bring it back after he got through eating. To just remind him. I text my step daughter in law to remind him after he got through eating to bring it back. He came storming into my house and said thanks a lot, now Lisa is griping at me and he told me those containers were his. I knew they weren't cause my stepson brought them in my trailer with food in them from a friend of his down the street that gave him food in the containers. Then when I was trying to talk to my step daughter in law, her daughter started screaming at me, telling me to stop griping about it cause she was trying to do her college homework online. She just kept it up and I finally had to get her attention by raising my voice at her. She told me to stop screaming at her. I told her she has no right to talk to me that way and this was my property her mom is living on in her camper and she started saying that she will leave and go back home 4 hours away. Her mom tried to calm her down and I just came back to my trailer. My stepson is not here to straighten out the situation with the containers. The reason I am mad is because she thinks I am in the wrong and that I need to respect HER just because she was doing her homework. She was the one to disrespect me and that is why I am mad! Tell me what you all think?

Oh by the way they do not pay me rent or utilities. They are here to help me with problems if I have them around here and his wife cooks for me with their food they buy with food stamps so I don't have to furnish their food too!

Edited by Sherye
  • Wow 5
6 minutes ago, Sherye said:

Ok I need to rant about something. My brother, sister and I own the property I live on and it was my stepson's home when he was young. He thinks of me as his mom and he thinks of his birth mom as just his birth mom.  Ok, this is what I am upset about. 

I told their friend to not take any silverware or dishes out of my house which they still do anyway. Even though the friend has always brought them back, my stepson leaves them outside and they get lost or blown away by the wind. I have had to buy silverware a bunch to restock them. But I told the friend to bring it back after he got through eating. To just remind him. I text my step daughter in law to remind him after he got through eating to bring it back. He came storming into my house and said thanks a lot, now Lisa is griping at me and he told me those containers were his. I knew they weren't cause my stepson brought them in my trailer with food in them from a friend of his down the street that gave him food in the containers. Then when I was trying to talk to my step daughter in law, her daughter started screaming at me, telling me to stop griping about it cause she was trying to do her college homework online. She just kept it up and I finally had to get her attention by raising my voice at her. She told me to stop screaming at her. I told her she has no right to talk to me that way and this was my property her mom is living on in her camper and she started saying that she will leave and go back home 4 hours away. Her mom tried to calm her down and I just came back to my trailer. My stepson is not here to straighten out the situation with the containers. The reason I am mad is because she thinks I am in the wrong and that I need to respect HER just because she was doing her homework. She was the one to disrespect me and that is why I am mad! Tell me what you all think?

Family stuff is never easy. Just give it some time. :hug: 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Family stuff is never easy. Just give it some time. :hug: 

I'm basically in agreement with Gary here. One thing I have learnt in life about the relationship problems of others is for me to try not to get involved in them...

:hug:

Edited by Marty
  • Like 4

Tuesday night was the first night I met Katrina, my step daughter in laws' daughter. She shouldn't have disrespected me the way she did. She has only been here less than a week. But that doesn't give her the right to disrespect her elder. I was always taught to respect my elders no matter what! They have been around longer than the younger ones. Sometimes I feel like the younger ones think they don't have to respect others and that they think they are smarter than the elders are. I was taught by my elders from my experience that the elders are a lot smarter than I was when I was younger. I still feel that way toward elderly people that are even older than I am. Evidentally Katrina doesn't think she has to. 

• Sad 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..