Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Here's my week 35 offering in my attempt to take and upload one new monochrome photograph each week for 52 weeks...

Hide contents

50654432427_875b2f6280_c.jpg

I'm not totally happy with it, but think Gary may like it. If only because it's one of the windows in the old cottage in my back garden. :)

I'm not Gary but I like it. There's a lot to absorb and appreciate. An example being the change in construction material from brick to stone. Which was original? I would guess the stone as the brick appears to be fill in but why? Was there a larger opening originally or was a repair needed? So what is it about the photo that makes you less than happy?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Yes, there was originally a wider window, as can be seen by the lintel, which carries on across the brickwork. As, and when, I ever get round to repairing it, I shall open it up to its full width again. :)

As to what makes me less than totally happy about it, I think I should have maybe taken it in landscape format to show the full lintel... Truth be told, I'm never totally happy with any of my photographs. But I think that's a fairly common fault with most artists (if I dare use such a word to try and describe my photographic skills - or lack thereof). :)

You are most definitely an artist :hug:  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..