Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

4 hours ago, dughlas said:

My thought is if they think waiting 3 months and doing another scan is an option they are not concerned that your situation is dire. My stepdad went through a similiar thing and it turned out okay. I would take today's visit as a positive.

What dughlas said! :yes:

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Flashy Plants draw outsize share of scientist's attention

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01263-w

Extract:

Flashy Plants Draw Outsize Share of Scientists’ Attention

Blue-flowered plants get the most scientific love; those with green or brown flowers, not so much.

But I thought we'd all been told a while back that there is no such thing as a blue flower... :unsure2:

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Extract:

Flashy Plants Draw Outsize Share of Scientists’ Attention

Blue-flowered plants get the most scientific love; those with green or brown flowers, not so much.

But I thought we'd all been told a while back that there is no such thing as a blue flower... :unsure2:

Oddly enough I saw that coming:rofl:

• Haha 4

Just back from my usual Friday meet up with my social bubble for takeaway lunch. :) 

From 24th of May the restaurants in Northern Ireland will be allowed offer indoor dining again for parties of no more than six people. The restaurant we have been getting our Friday takeaways is just over the border in the North so, as there's only four of us, two weeks today we'll hopefully have a proper restaurant meal again for our Friday meet up. :D 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

Restaurants and bars wil reopen tje 19th but only outside with at least 1,50metee betweek table or a plexiglass and maximum 6 people per table. Also curfew, actually at 7pm, will be push at 9pm and at 11pm on June 9th and only on June 30th no more curfew.

All non essential shops, museums, movie theaters and every culture places will also reopen on the 19th.

Only night clubs don't have a re-opening date yet.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Tiger Remains on Loose in Houston as Residents Pass It Around a Dozen Times to Avoid Detection

Quite a sad story, really...

https://www.newsweek.com/houston-tiger-passed-around-1591717

Houston investigators said exotic animal traffickers are likely moving a suddenly famous tiger around from person to person to conceal its exact location. A Houston Police Department commander speculated the Bengal tiger, named India, is believed to still be in the city and has been handed off around a dozen times since he was first spotted.

The passing around of the endangered cat from locations is said to be a common practice among animal traffickers. Police also believe a local crime circuit is in possession of India.

The 9-month-old male tiger hasn't been seen in public since Sunday when a Houston resident noticed the big cat on his front lawn. A witness's cellphone shows a man coming out of a nearby house and grabbing the tiger. When police arrived, a man identified as Victor Hugo Cuevas put the tiger in a white Jeep Cherokee and sped off.

Cuevas was eventually apprehended, but he was not found with India. Authorities said Cuevas was out on bond for a murder charge in connection to the fatal shooting of a man in 2017. Cuevas' attorney, Michael Elliott, provided the details of India's name and age but said Cuevas is not the exotic feline's owner.

Cuevas was out on bond on Wednesday after being arrested and charged with evading arrest/detention with a vehicle. Elliott said he and his client were trying to help police locate the tiger, but he would not say where Cuevas drove to in the SUV with India.

Meanwhile, a hearing is set for Cuevas on Friday, as the state is seeking to revoke his bond for the unrelated murder charge.

Local news station KTRK reviewed Cuevas' Instagram account and found videos of him being around a baby bear, monkey, and a young tiger.

The Houston Police Department's official Twitter account has been providing updates about the tiger all week. On Friday morning, Commander Ron Borza, who focuses on animal abuse cases for the department, updated the media about the tiger search. He said they are still unaware of India's location, though he believes the cat is still in Houston or a neighboring county.

He said officers had contacted people known to be involved in the city's illegal animal trade but have received no meaningful information.

The missing tiger has caught the attention of the nation. On May 11, Jimmy Kimmel referenced India in the opening monologue of his show, and Carole Baskin—owner of a big cat sanctuary and star of Netflix's documentary miniseries Tiger King—offered $5,000 to the person in possession of the feline, provided he is released to an accredited sanctuary.

In Houston, owning a tiger is in violation of city law, although it is legal (with certain restrictions) under Texas state law.

Lara Cottingham, Houston's chief sustainability officer, said in a written statement: "In the event any such animals are found in Houston, Animal Control Officers will impound the animals and transport them to a secure location—either BARC [Houston's animal shelter and adoption facility], another shelter, or regional wildlife facility—to protect the safety of the public as well as the animals' health."

• Like 4

I've made "gâteaux battus" which is kinda like a very fluffy brioche with lot of egg yokes and butter, specialty from picardie. I'm about to take them out of the over but realized I've forgotten to butter and floured the molds... :unsure: let's hope they come out correctly 

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Albert1434 said:

Or you could hand it out in the mold and eat it out of there:yes:

Yeah though those molds arent very handsy to do that https://www.alicedelice.com/moule-a-gateau-battu-en-fer-blanc-16-cm-8-10-parts-matfer-p-43472

They're also very dangerous. They're made of very very thin white iron. Yesterday I've knock my pinky on the border and got a bad cut! 

• Wow 3
  • Sad 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..