Does Albert know this secret as well?

That would be a yes!

Then if two people know, it's no longer a secret. :rofl:

:P

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1
35 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Yummy

When I was trekking in Cuba about five years back one of the hotels we stayed in for a couple of nights (near the town of Trinidad) served free drinks to residents. I'll admit to getting somewhat drunk each night on Cuba Libre. :yes:

Edited by Marty
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Well, I'm just out of the monthly camera club meeting (via Zoom) and one item on this month's agenda was the 52 out of 52 photo challenge I kept a number of you interested in with my weekly entries. And, guess what?

Hide contents

4751964.jpg

Yep, my album was the winning one. :o

You can view my winning album on Flickr if you want to at: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/86156059@N00/albums/72157713744376123
(Click on any of the 52 thumbnails to see the larger version of it. Alternatively, if you look near the top right of the album screen you should see three buttons - the left one of these looks a bit like a TV, and clicking it will let you see the album as a sideshow.)

I have told the club to make out the winning cheque to my favourite charity, Concern Worldwide, which is an Irish based international humanitarian organisation that strives for a world free from poverty, fear and oppression. I have supported them in various ways for around ten years now, and one of the main things that attracted them to me in the first place is that they are a purely secular organisation, which means that they are not offering their help to the world's poor as some way of trying to convert them to any religion. Unfortunately (in my opinion) many of the main Irish international charities are run by religious organisations, with their own agenda.

This particular image was chosen by the judges as their favourite one from my album.

I'm not surprised you won :) 

Share Discover GIF

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Haha 5
1 minute ago, Valkyrie said:

I'm not surprised you won :) 

Thanks, Val, but I am. If only because I'd already won this challenge three times out of the previous four. And there were several other members whose album this year would have been worthy winners. I'm almost considering not entering the next challenge, which is scheduled to start in September, if only to give someone else the chance of winning...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Well, I'm just out of the monthly camera club meeting (via Zoom) and one item on this month's agenda was the 52 out of 52 photo challenge I kept a number of you interested in with my weekly entries. And, guess what?

Reveal hidden contents

4751964.jpg

Yep, my album was the winning one. :o

You can view my winning album on Flickr if you want to at: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/86156059@N00/albums/72157713744376123
(Click on any of the 52 thumbnails to see the larger version of it. Alternatively, if you look near the top right of the album screen you should see three buttons - the left one of these looks a bit like a TV, and clicking it will let you see the album as a sideshow.)

I have told the club to make out the winning cheque to my favourite charity, Concern Worldwide, which is an Irish based international humanitarian organisation that strives for a world free from poverty, fear and oppression. I have supported them in various ways for around ten years now, and one of the main things that attracted them to me in the first place is that they are a purely secular organisation, which means that they are not offering their help to the world's poor as some way of trying to convert them to any religion. Unfortunately (in my opinion) many of the main Irish international charities are run by religious organisations, with their own agenda.

This particular image was chosen by the judges as their favourite one from my album.

50122826978_b866840f48_c.jpg

Congrats Marty, nicely done

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..