Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

3 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I love Radishes you can bake them or fry them or put them in a salad:yes:

I like them in salads but never tried them baked or fried. As it’s getting cooler I should try it

• Like 4
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Loreena McKennitt put this to music.  It's one of my favorite songs by her.  :)  

I remember listening to the haunting melody of her voice when she first released this.  Thank you for reminding me of the pleasure it brought.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator
17 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I remember listening to the haunting melody of her voice when she first released this.  Thank you for reminding me of the pleasure it brought.

I got to see her in concert quite a while ago now.  It's the best concert I've ever been to.  She has a true gift for bringing words and melodies to life.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Hello all

its a bit smoky here. People are using their wood heaters for the first time and I don’t think the wood is very dry

Greetings, Mr B :hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Loreena McKennitt put this to music.  It's one of my favorite songs by her.  :)  

2 hours ago, dughlas said:

The YouTube version you shared wasn't available for me. But, having never heard of Loreena McKennitt before, I did a search on YouTube and found this version of hers which would play for me. I have to say that I actually found her voice just a bit too harsh for my taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izYzuG0Vh2k&ab_channel=DeanoEssex

Personally, I really like the adaptation of the poem that The Waterboys did on their 1998 album Fisherman's Blues, with lead vocalist Mike Scott singing the chorus, and traditional Irish vocalist Tomás Mac Eoin speaking the verses. Perhaps I just feel that, having been written by a man, the poem should be spoken or sung by a male voice...

I actually live very close to all of the places referenced in that poem of W. B. Yeats (and many of his other poems).

• Like 3

Seems very quiet in here. :unsure2:

I'm wondering if people are suddenly finding it difficult to actually find CoTT 2 due to the fact that the site has changed and this forums no longer listed directly under the Forums Tab, but is now several more clicks away and people have to first go to Fan Clubs At Gay Authors, and then click on Headstall's Paddock before getting in here.

But I'm sure @Myr must have a reason for making the change...

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

I am beginning to believe that Gary isn't going to come back :thumbdown: 

I think he will be back eventually. He told us at the end of April that he needs some time to himself, as he was "struggling". But he also said that it was nothing dramatic. I'm sure he'll be back when he's ready. :) 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, CassieQ said:

Give him some time.

I'm usually not on during the week because of work, and today I had to make an unexpected vet visit.  

Hope all turned out okay.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Marty said:

Seems very quiet in here. :unsure2:

I'm wondering if people are suddenly finding it difficult to actually find CoTT 2 due to the fact that the site has changed and this forums no longer listed directly under the Forums Tab, but is now several more clicks away and people have to first go to Fan Clubs At Gay Authors, and then click on Headstall's Paddock before getting in here.

Hmm...

Seems like the site has reverted back to normal... 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Check this out it's for your plants and you:yes:

How Epsom Salts Can Benefit Your Garden (homedit.com)

Unfortunately, most of the claims about the beneficial effects of Epsom Salt to plants are false.

Epsom Salt is magnesium sulphate (or sulfate) - MgSO4.

Very few soils are deficient in magnesium, and sulphur is abundant in all soils. Magnesium is what is known as a trace element, meaning that only tiny quantities of it is necessary for plant growth.

Excess magnesium is harmful to plants, to the soil, and to the wider environment (waterways and the like).

Check out:

https://www.flowerpatchfarmhouse.com/epsom-salt-for-plants-dont-go-there/

https://extension.umn.edu/manage-soil-nutrients/coffee-grounds-eggshells-epsom-salts

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..