Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Today we planted beets in different colors, Radishes two type, Okra, Two zucchini, Potatoes, two big tomatoes and two cherry tomatoes, 3 colors of Kale, Bok choy, Onions, garlic, 3 cumbers, Artichokes and herbs:yes:

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Today we planted beets in different colors, Radishes two type, Okra, Two zucchini, Potatoes, two big tomatoes and two cherry tomatoes, 3 colors of Kale, Bok choy, Onions, garlic, 3 cumbers, Artichokes and herbs:yes:

Today was wet and windy, so I sowed no seeds. I did, however, thin out and pot on some flower seedlings.

I also noticed that the row of early carrot seeds I sowed about three weeks ago are germinating nicely. Another few weeks and they'll need thinning out. A few of the beet seeds I sowed a row of around the same time are starting to emerge, as are a few of the broad beans, but I still see no sign of any of the parsnip seeds I sowed emerging. Every one of the row of onion sets I planted now have a green shoot above ground, and the row of winter onions I planted last October/November are doing well. They should be starting to swell in the next month, to give me onions over the summer months. I used the second last of last year's onions in a stew I have cooking, along with two of last year's potatoes. I only have five potatoes left from last year, three medium sized ones and two quite large. Anoher week or so and I'll be needing to buy potatoes again.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

Yesterday evening I've finally put the green and yellow beans plants in the garden with a melon and a zucchini plant. I've separated and replanted in bigger pots the cauliflowers, cucumbers and watermelons plants. 

And today I've planted two zucchini plants and a peach tree, grown from a pit dad had spit in the garden and I had later found after it had sprout, at grandma. I've picked a couple of rhubarb to freeze until we have enough to make jam for grandma. 

It was a beautiful and warm day spent by the sea. Despite restaurants still being closed there was a lot of people in town (some "cheat" by selling platters of seafood for people to take away and eat by the beach)

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Nice Marty:yes:

Thanks, Albert. :hug:

But who or what was nice? :unsure2:

Little old me? Or maybe you meant Abdullah? I think Annie or Emma have a photo of myself and Abdullah huddled very closely together on that mountain top. Don't get too excited though - I was just acting as a windbreak for him and his lighter as he was trying to light one of his camel cigarettes. ;) 

Camel-Non-Filter-Cigarette.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

See the source image

We all miss Gary. But I'm certain he'll be back. :yes: 

And hopefully with a new serial for us all to enjoy. :) 

Edited by Marty
I'm going to blame my typo on my keyboard. ;)
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, clochette said:

I don't want to jinx it but I think I've ace my 1st exam named philosophy and actuality. There was a piece of article about covid. I first talked about how it rised questions about our freedoms and then for the second question how it's all an anthropocene due to a zoonosis and concluded saying mankind brought it all on himself 🤷🏻‍♀️ I kinda felt like a genius when I tape the final . at the end of that conclusion -_- :gikkle:

Sounds.... interesting! :yes:

I hope whoever's marking it is impressed with it. :hug:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Dughlas hope your well today:kiss::hug:

Greetings Albert. I am well enough thank you. My head is being bothersome, likely because it's a warm humid day.

Hope you and Steve are well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..