Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

11 hours ago, Marty said:

Well, I'm just out of the monthly camera club meeting (via Zoom) and one item on this month's agenda was the 52 out of 52 photo challenge I kept a number of you interested in with my weekly entries. And, guess what?

Reveal hidden contents

4751964.jpg

Yep, my album was the winning one. :o

This particular image was chosen by the judges as their favourite one from my album.

50122826978_b866840f48_c.jpg

Congrats Marty. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, clochette said:

Hi gang, just home from getting my jab. I didn't felt a thing

How does that old saying go? :unsure2:

Oh, yea...

Spoiler

Where there's no sense, there's no feeling. ;) 

Congrats, ma fée! :hug:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

A visit to Limerick on Limerick Day

A visit to Limerick on Limerick Day

Today is Limerick Day, and what better place to celebrate this unofficial holiday than in Limerick, Ireland.

Edited by Albert1434
  • Love 4

Happy hump day, everyone. :hug:

T9WcEul.jpg

It's been a sort of cool day here, with the occasional short shower. But I did manage to plant one of my apple trees. The other two can stay in their pots for this summer at least, as they were only grafted onto their rootstocks last year.

I've also sourced a pear tree. The variety is Conference, which the nurseryman tells me does very well in this part of the country. Conference is actually my favourite pear, so I'm really happy about that. It's still in its pot, but he told me he only potted it in March, so has advised me not to plant it out for at least a few months yet, to let its roots settle down. I asked his advice on staking it, and the apple trees when I plant them out. He suggested two 6 foot (1.8 metre) canes put in diagonally from each side. So that's what I did with the Bramley Seedling cooking apple tree that I planted today. 

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Marty said:

Happy hump day, everyone. :hug:

T9WcEul.jpg

It's been a sort of cool day here, with the occasional short shower. But I did manage to plant one of my apple trees. The other two can stay in their pots for this summer at least, as they were only grafted onto their rootstocks last year.

I've also sourced a pear tree. The variety is Conference, which the nurseryman tells me does very well in this part of the country. Conference is actually my favourite pear, so I'm really happy about that. It's still in its pot, but he told me he only potted it in March, so has advised me not to plant it out for at least a few months yet, to let its roots settle down. I asked his advice on staking it, and the apple trees when I plant them out. He suggested two 6 foot (1.8 metre) canes put in diagonally from each side. So that's what I did with the Bramley Seedling cooking apple tree that I planted today. 

The weather here is similiar. Cool, perhaps record setting for this date and occasional showers. Normal temps for this time of year is low 80's/28° it's currently 54/12°.

I'v heard of Bramley apples but don't know if they're available here.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

More than 40% of the gas stations in this area are out of fuel because of the Colonial pipeline shut down. Fortunately I had filled my tank a couple of days ago and mum's car has a mostly full tank too. If things go as expected the pipeline will be functioning again by the end of the week and another week should see things mostly back to normal. Until then we'll not be making unnecessary trips in the car.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..