Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

12 minutes ago, dughlas said:

It's currently 84/29° with 84% humidity, it feels like 97/36°. As a certain handsome young man in MI might say ... it's too hot to do anything out of doors.

It only feels like 30 here, but the air is heavy. Feels like more rain is coming... so much rain this year...

Hey, bro and Mum. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

I talked to my hay guy, and he is having trouble getting out onto the fields... it's either raining or going to rain, and he needs at least three sunny days for drying... four is better.... Trouble is when the hay gets to high, it gets 'woody' and is tough for horses to chew, and the long stalks have little nutritional value compared to hat cut at the right height. :( 

Back home in PA alot of hay is cut by horse drawn mowers so the farmers can get into a wet field without doing the damage a tractor might. Still need the dry days to bale. They usually cut one day, rake the next and bale on the third. Of course they need to allow for Sunday as nothing gets done in the fields then. It's not unusal to see hay cut Friday or Saturday and allowed to lay on Sunday before raking or baling on Monday. I've seen them rake Monday am and bale in the afternoon.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Seeing Albert's selection of weird signs earlier made me think of the following photo I took about five years ago in Lancaster, England....

13876202_10205071811594284_3754618012762

I've a few others somewhere. I might see if I can dig them out and maybe share them as well.

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Love 4

instagram-happy-monday-post-video-design

The weather's staying hot and sunny here in Ireland, and expected to stay the same until the weekend at least. Met Éireann (our national weather forecaster) have actually issued a "High Temperature Advisory" warning, with temperatures expected to reach close to 30°C/86°F.

For some of you that may not seem overly warm but, believe me, it is incredibly warm for Ireland! :o 

There is some uncertainty in the forecast for the weekend but current indications suggest that it will turn more showery and be less warm than this week, though temperatures will still reach the low to mid-twenties in many areas.

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..