Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

22 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

I got my Covid booster shot yesterday and my sister told me that her arm never hurt with hers, but mine is. Hope it stops hurting soon. Wish me luck on that lol

Good luck, Sherye, but a little pain will be worth the added protection. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Story Reader said:

I got my Covid booster shot yesterday and my sister told me that her arm never hurt with hers, but mine is. Hope it stops hurting soon. Wish me luck on that lol

Good luck, use the arm even if it hurts some, that will help it get better quicker.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Truth be told, I'm in the doldrums. Mum and I have both been missing the little guy. I keep waking between 3-4am, that's the time period when his seizures would occur. I wake and reach out to check for him and he's not there. I miss the warm little body snuggled up against my chest. If I left him waiting in the car when we went out he would hear me returning and hop up and be looking for me out the window. I miss the little face at the window. Earlier today I glanced down at the corner of mum's kitchen where we kept his food and water bowls and it surprised me they weren't there. I passed another person walking their dog yesterday and when I heard the toenails against the sidewalk I was reminded how quiet the place beside me was. I miss the sound of him walking beside me. My morning routine is off. Used to be get up, start the coffeemaker, take the pup out, come back in, give him his Greenie and put food in his dish, take my morning meds then pour my coffee. Now I'm standing alone in the quiet kitchen waiting for the coffee to finish brewing because half the routine is missing. My whole world seems slightly askew, I am adrift ...

I understand that empty, lost feeling. Thistle was that companion and friend who could never let you down. I hope each day gets a little better, and that the ache of your loss eases. It's tough, but time will help. I've never said this before, not even to my son, but I check Cookie every day for signs of any growths, wondering if I might have had Mallory  a year or two longer if I'd just checked more often. It doesn't take long for them to become a part of us, but letting them go is a whole other story. Peace to you and Mum. xoxoxo 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Headstall said:

I understand that empty, lost feeling. Thistle was that companion and friend who could never let you down. I hope each day gets a little better, and that the ache of your loss eases. It's tough, but time will help. I've never said this before, not even to my son, but I check Cookie every day for signs of any growths, wondering if I might have had Mallory  a year or two longer if I'd just checked more often. It doesn't take long for them to become a part of us, but letting them go is a whole other story. Peace to you and Mum. xoxoxo 

Thank you. Insulinomas are rare so I ask why did Thistle develope one? Was it because of something I did or didn't do? Were there early signs I missed? Mum says those sorts of questions are pointless. Instead I should remember he had a remarkably wonderful life with me and was a happy boy.

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..