Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

10 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Yep. Normally, Morgan and I use a Bisquick recipe, but I decided to teach Max how to make a pie crust earlier this afternoon. Closer to dinnertime, he helped me grate the cheese, whisk the eggs, etc. We also made a second batch of pie dough for apple strudel.  :D

I still have memories of making pie dough with my paternal grandma. I'm told I was her favorite though as a child I only knew she loved me. Grandma was old school, she kept her flour in a large stoneware crock. My cue was when she got the crock out. You see I was too short to reach the counter so I pushed one of the kitchen chairs up against the counter beside her then climbed up and stood on the seat. Grandma baked a mean pie, couldn't bake a cake to save her soul but pie she could do in her sleep. She taught me each step in the process, measuring and mixing, rolling out the dough before folding and pressing it into the pie plate. I have and cherish some of her pie plates, a couple are older than I am.

You've done well today Page, creating memories with Max he'll cherish always. Blessings on your head and his.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

It looks like Clo let go of the Summer weather (or was that Gary?)

31C tomorrow and 32C on Sunday

It's probably Gary, you know how innocent I am -_-

It's bright and sunny here with only 8°C though 

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..