Your current song

I can’t help but think about Justin on the pier of Lake Michigan before he meets Taryn in Gone From Daylight when I listen to this song. This also applies to Taryn in Taryn’s Song too as he’s fleeing the apt in chapter 10 with his little brother.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, SilentandBroken said:

I can’t help but think about Justin on the pier of Lake Michigan before he meets Taryn in Gone From Daylight when I listen to this song. This also applies to Taryn in Taryn’s Song too as he’s fleeing the apt in chapter 10 with his little brother.

Here’s another for the same reason

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This may not be my current song but, it is certainly one of the favourites. My playlist is pretty bleak recently with Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now" and Peter Gabriel's rendition of Leonard Cohen's "Here it is"... 

So here is a song about love... (bonus points to whoever google which film is it from?)

"And I long to be carried on

Just once to be lifted strong

Out of the loneliness

And the emptiness

Of the days..."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Every now and again I put Depeche Mode’s Music for the Masses on to play. It includes a CD and a DVD of collective classics. I don’t know why but I always seem surprised just how good the band is each time I listen to it.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Edited by Zuri
video preview
  • Like 4

Some of you've seen some of my comments on my trauma. C-ptsd. C for Complex. It means multiple events or similar ones over a long period of time like domestic abuse, parental abuse, what have you.

I’m a decent Shinedown fan and of Brent Smith’s solo work and this song I’ve heard a few times since they released it but I never really gave it a hard listen until tonight. Checking out the official video it reminds me of when I was ..heh..well I wasn’t doing very well and could’ve really benefited from a few hugs and then some for sure. Kinda like the girl in the video. I post this because I know a lot of us suffered with abuse and a lot more of us suffer still at our own abuse from our own thoughts. Having been someone who tried to quit life once as a suicide survivor, please hear me now. Breathe. It’ll be ok.  It may not all work out the way we want or intended but it’ll be ok. Take one day at a time. Don’t force too high of expectations onto yourself. You’re setting yourself up for something you might not handle very well so lower the bar. Take your time, sightsee on this journey. LIVE. There’s no rushing life when you take the time to enjoy it. You’re worth it. Love yourself. You’re gonna be ok.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

"I've been doing this shit for forty fucking years." - Madonna

And I've been along for the ride with her. Madonna has been headlining her 'Celebration Tour' here in Boston this early January, after having been sidelined by a serious bacterial infection late last summer. In her honor I have been listening to her CDs here at home. The last couple of days I've been listening to 2009's Celebration CD release of thirty-six remastered tunes, it's been a blast reliving great moments in time. The link is to a Boston Globe review of one of the shows.

Edited by Ron
  • Like 1

Life is Strange 2 - Original Score by Jonathan Morali

The game is such a masterpiece of mood and atmosphere. I listen to its soundtrack all day while writing.

• Like 1
On 1/24/2024 at 8:35 AM, drown said:

First, I was like, nah, not this straight stuff … wait a minute. I know that face … 😅

Sivan described how he wanted to create a conventionally attractive "fantasy version" of himself.

Well, to look attractive, he sure didn't have to do anything 😂

The video was the first time Sivan performed in drag

Well, he sure got the moves convincing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1