How to post a story here

It might sound incredibly silly and juvenile but ... I don't know how to submit story here.

I clicked on the "Create" icon above, and then clicked "Add a chapter", and then it asks you to add a title of the story. I wrote a title and pressed enter. But then it gives the same form, asking me to post a title. I do that again, and it asks again and again. And it goes on. I tried a different browser, and then tried from my mobile. Same problem.

It's my first story here and it's a short story. Am I doing it wrong? Please let me know.

Thanks.

• Like 1

There is a step-by-step guide in the help section.

One thing I noticed, is you're not part of the author group yet, so it won't let you post a story until you are.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Warrior1 said:

Thank you so much !!! Just one more question, when you publish your story, can you edit it later if you find a mistake or something? or is the option not there?

You definitely can. Just select your story, then you can edit individual chapters by selecting the "Manage" option at the "Table of Contents" where the word and view count are. Hope that helps 😀

• Like 4

Jusr one more question, it's a short story, so let's say everything happens in one chapter. Then how am I to post it? As they are asking for chapter number/name etc. Is it possible to post everything there?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Warrior1 said:

Jusr one more question, it's a short story, so let's say everything happens in one chapter. Then how am I to post it? As they are asking for chapter number/name etc. Is it possible to post everything there?

It's the same process as publishing a story with multiple chapters, but instead you post your whole short story under one chapter with any title you choose. Also, make sure to label your story as "Complete" with the option being found under the "Step 3" tab, next to "Status." This just notifies your readers that your story is complete versus if you keep it "In Process."

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Brayon said:

One thing I noticed, is you're not part of the author group yet, so it won't let you post a story until you are.

If you haven't already worked out how to join the author group, click on the Store icon on the dark red bar at the top of any page here on GA, and then choose store from the drop down list (at the top of the list). Click on the Author icon on the next page, and go on from there. It's all really straightforward, and don't worry, you won't be asked for credit card or personal details.

Here's a shortcut link to the store: https://gayauthors.org/store/

Be aware that, as a new author, your story won't be posted immediately. It will be placed in a Moderation Queue. One of the site staff will check it for content first. It normally takes up to 24 hours for a story to become live.

Make sure you have the chapter formatted to GA standards before uploading it, or you may have a lot of editing to do afterwards to make it look like you expect it to.

I advise you to click on the link that Brayon gave in his original answer (this link), and study Myr's step-by-step guide carefully. In each of the seven steps he gives there are links to other pages giving more detailed instructions. Click on these links as well, or you will likely finish up like I did originally and find yourself completely confused.

Edited by Marty
  • Like 3