Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

• Site Moderator
Hi Emoe!!

You made the 1000th reply! specool.gif

And I think the post counter on my account must be broken. innocent.gif ph34r.gif

According to my counter, you made post #1000 CJ.

Jan

• Site Administrator

Another good chapter. Lots of action and lots of useful information. We still don't know what's going on (for sure), but unless CJ is an absolute bastard (always a possibility) we should find out what's on the data stick in next chapter.

However, because I'm sure CJ is a bastard (no offense intended towards his mother), Dex is going to run out of money and the pay phone he's using will cut out at just the wrong time....

Taking photos with an unfamiliar camera isn't always easy, so it's not surprising about the result. The cameras in phones are not the best photographic devices....

Thanks, CJ! Another chapter I enjoyed.

• Site Administrator
QUOTEHi Emoe!!

You made the 1000th reply! specool.gif

And I think the post counter on my account must be broken. innocent.gif ph34r.gif

Jan

CJ, are you being so bold as to suggest that you have made 3 posts and there have been 1000 replies??? :whistle:

Another great chapter :2thumbs: !!!

I really can't fault Chris for his picture taking skills though. Who hear can say they have taken excellent pictures without the aid of a view finder or being able to look at the screen on a phone? One thing I hate about cell phone pictures is in bright sunlight you can't see the screen, so it is a best guess.

More questions are still around and some more seem to arise from this chapter than last. Things such as what caused the house to actually blow up? What about the "thicker than blood" idea? What is behind the wall in the bookstore? What is on the data stick?

My guess is the Meth lab operation theory can tie everything together except maybe the relationship thing.

Hopefully Steve's parents are doing okay. This might actually make me dislike Eric more than in the past. being the one responsible for causing the strife straining their marriage.

Lastly, on the cliffhanger scale I'm going with an even 8 on this chapter! :evil:

Great chapter CJ!!

However, because I'm sure CJ is a bastard (no offense intended towards his mother), Dex is going to run out of money and the pay phone he's using will cut out at just the wrong time....

And blame it on California's public phones. Maybe Dex could also say:

"I've done it. I decoded the data stick. No code can resist me... Guys? Ain't I the best?"

"So, what's in it?"

"Hey, you asked me to break the code! You didn't tell me to look what's on it! Wait a sec."

In the background, I could hear some voices. Dex was quarrelling with someone. "...No, my laptop, you bastard!"

Suddenly, he was back on the line.

"Man, they stole my laptop, the datastick was with it!"

Phew! Chris made it back to Lonesome Valley! I really thought the Piedmont's Sheriff Department would catch up with him. And Veronica's warth and Betty's ire are certainly more pleasant than being fed some lead directly through his body. I was pretty positive the pic wouldn't turn out OK, one more devious invention by CJ (see picture above). But with his bleeding ass, I hope they can nail the sheriff once and for all. What's the deal with him being a relative? More mystery yet.

I noticed with interest the use of the verb "to tremble". And the little comment about California and DST. It's true a state that has a half hour time change is certainly more convenient. ;)

Nice chapter. The car didn't blow up, and impounded is better than torn to parts.

I don't know about that the "being fed lead" part; we don't know what Veronica and Betty are going to do yet. :devil:

What State has a half-hour time change? Arizona has none at all.

Jan

Yep, but the listing in the forum counts replies, so it read 1000 when Emoe made post #1001. :boy:

Another good chapter. Lots of action and lots of useful information. We still don't know what's going on (for sure), but unless CJ is an absolute bastard (always a possibility) we should find out what's on the data stick in next chapter.

Taking photos with an unfamiliar camera isn't always easy, so it's not surprising about the result. The cameras in phones are not the best photographic devices....

Thanks, CJ! Another chapter I enjoyed.

Thanks Graeme!

What? Me? Would I do something as sneaky as that? 0:)

Okay, Okay, I'll spill the beans if you'll spare me your anti-spoiler spines... Here's whats on the Data Stick.

It's DATA!

CJ, are you being so bold as to suggest that you have made 3 posts and there have been 1000 replies??? :whistle:

Another great chapter :2thumbs: !!!

I really can't fault Chris for his picture taking skills though. Who hear can say they have taken excellent pictures without the aid of a view finder or being able to look at the screen on a phone? One thing I hate about cell phone pictures is in bright sunlight you can't see the screen, so it is a best guess.

More questions are still around and some more seem to arise from this chapter than last. Things such as what caused the house to actually blow up? What about the "thicker than blood" idea? What is behind the wall in the bookstore? What is on the data stick?

My guess is the Meth lab operation theory can tie everything together except maybe the relationship thing.

Hopefully Steve's parents are doing okay. This might actually make me dislike Eric more than in the past. being the one responsible for causing the strife straining their marriage.

Lastly, on the cliffhanger scale I'm going with an even 8 on this chapter! :evil:

Great chapter CJ!!

Cliffhanger? But this was good news? :blink::lol:

Your questions are all good ones, and are answered soon.

And blame it on California's public phones. Maybe Dex could also say:

"I've done it. I decoded the data stick. No code can resist me... Guys? Ain't I the best?"

"So, what's in it?"

"Hey, you asked me to break the code! You didn't tell me to look what's on it! Wait a sec."

In the background, I could hear some voices. Dex was quarrelling with someone. "...No, my laptop, you bastard!"

Suddenly, he was back on the line.

"Man, they stole my laptop, the datastick was with it!"

Hey, that's a good idea! It would lay the blame on California!! I like it!!! :devil:

• Site Administrator
Okay, Okay, I'll spill the beans if you'll spare me your anti-spoiler spines... Here's whats on the Data Stick.

It's DATA!

Sorry, but no dice. You've told us that before, so it doesn't qualify as a spoiler OR spilling the beans.

Your questions are all good ones, and are answered soon.

Okay, for senior citizens who are a little dense, could you go over the whole 'blood' thing again. Eric is the Piedmont sheriff's son? Does this mean that the bad-guy sheriff and Mrs. Williams had an affair somewhere along the way?

Signed,

Confused :wacko:

• Site Administrator

Not necessarily -- it could be that Eric is romantically involved with a relation of the sheriff (eg. daughter). The other possibility is that he's related to Thaddeus somehow (since Thaddeus is the sheriff's brother-in-law). I'm subscribing to the theory that Eric is Thaddeus's illegitimate son. Indeed, I think that theory has just had a boost -- could the marriage counseling be because Steve's dad still hasn't really forgiven his wife for having an affair with Thaddeus all those years ago, and he's blaming Eric (not his natural offspring) for disrupting the family?

Sorry, but no dice. You've told us that before, so it doesn't qualify as a spoiler OR spilling the beans.

Awww, but that is what is on the data stick, really! 0:)

Okay, for senior citizens who are a little dense, could you go over the whole 'blood' thing again. Eric is the Piedmont sheriff's son? Does this mean that the bad-guy sheriff and Mrs. Williams had an affair somewhere along the way?

Signed,

Confused :wacko:

Hi Jack!

OK, In Ch 25, the Sheriff was heard to use the phrase "If blood wasn't thicker than water, I'd kill you myself." to Eric.

In Ch 27, Betty makes note of it, and what it means (It is a claim that they are related.). Steve, however, has no knowledge of this.

In Ch 28, we will find out why, and a whole lot more. :read:

I can't reply to Graeme's post, though, for fear of his anti-spoiler spines. :ph34r:

Edited by C James

This chapter didn't get interesting until...

Steve chuckled, pulling off his own shirt, his muscles rippling beneath his tan skin, "Here, have mine."

:P:wub::lmao:

Ok, that's not true....let's just say I got distracted at that point. :devil: In fact, these last two chapters have been incredibly exciting. I'm talking riveted to your seat exciting. :worship: Way to go CJ!!!

I'm proud to say that I figured out the meaning of the chapter title "Unraveling". It was a reference to the hardest thing Chris had to do in that chapter...he had to unravel himself from Steve in the shower because Dex was possibly calling about the data stick.

Something else, just as brillant as my interpretation of the chapter title, has also occured to me. How many times in that chapter did you see the two names Veronica and Betty appear together or in close proximity? That was CJ's way of telling us that he was (is?) an Archie comic book fan...you know...with Jughead. Yes, I am a legend in my own mind. :music::great:B)

Veronica's tirade, delivered to Chris right there on the Piedmont highway, was absolutely hilarious. :lol: It really worked for me because I thought the car pulling up was the Piedmont Sheriff's car. But, no, it was something worse!!! It was Veronica. :lmao:

Ok, goat-buddy, how about sending me an advance copy of the next chapter. No one will ever find out...and this time I won't try to sell it on eBay! 0:)

Conner

It was absolutely amusing how Veronica and Betty ripped Chris apart with their menopause-like rages.

Chris should have run for it. :lmao:

Ok, that's not true....let's just say I got distracted at that point. :devil: In fact, these last two chapters have been incredibly exciting. I'm talking riveted to your seat exciting. :worship: Way to go CJ!!!

Thanks Conner!

I tried to make it look like he was safe at the end of the last one. LoL.

I'm proud to say that I figured out the meaning of the chapter title "Unraveling". It was a reference to the hardest thing Chris had to do in that chapter...he had to unravel himself from Steve in the shower because Dex was possibly calling about the data stick.

ROFL! That was indeed it, their plans unraveling as the phone rang. Plus, the mysteries themselves are unraveling; a lot of things come together in this chapter, more than is obvious.

Veronica's tirade, delivered to Chris right there on the Piedmont highway, was absolutely hilarious. :lol: It really worked for me because I thought the car pulling up was the Piedmont Sheriff's car. But, no, it was something worse!!! It was Veronica. :lmao:

Poor Chris, he should really have run for it... But it was too late once she could recognize him :lmao:

Could you have once let it end on a good note and have chris get back home safe...NO let me guess whats next he runs out of gas a mile before the city limits and 2 mins before the LVSD gets to him and ends up in the pidmont jail.

I'm quoting this post of Ethan's for the last chapter; he pegged it with the running out of gas! :worship:

Could you have once let it end on a good note and have chris get back home safe...NO let me guess whats next he runs out of gas a mile before the city limits and 2 mins before the LVSD gets to him and ends up in the pidmont jail.

I'm quoting this post of Ethan's for the last chapter; he pegged it with the running out of gas! :worship:

See CJ? If you wait long enough, your readers will write the story for you!

That's absolutely right, CJ! As I have repeatedly stated, each chapter should have a pool party! :2thumbs::devil::wub:

Edited by Conner

ROFL! Indeed that's true.

I seriously think I need to go back through the older posts and bring up predictions that have come true. I know a certain Echindna has pegged it numerous times. :2thumbs:

Hrmmm, I'm wondering. Does a four-footed reader have an advantage when it comes to reading the mind of a four-footed author?

That's absolutely right, CJ! As I have repeatedly stated, each chapter should have a pool party! :2thumbs::devil::wub:

Hi Conner! Fear not, for birthdays approach. :devil:

Cj's too busy for a pool party. He's doing commercials for Aflac.

Jan :devil:

ROFL!

The ones with the Duck? They really ought to use a goat... :read:

CJ

The lastest commercial IS using a goat.

It is? Cool! (I didn't know, I almost never watch TV.) Does the goat by any chance wear sunglasses?

BTW, The title of Ch 28 is "Data Stick Shuffle."

Anyone care to guess what this one means? :-)

Edited by C James
  • Site Administrator

Sorry CJ, Nay!!! no sunglasses and he appears to be your white cousin.

Newest commercial then click on the goat.

BTW, hopefully that isn't the next chapter of FTL in the commercial!!!

Edited by wildone
  • Site Moderator

They have two versions of this commercial but only one posted. The other one ends with the goat wearing a duck face.

The obvious answer would be, the stick gets switched, and I doubt that's it.

Jan

Poor Chris, he should really have run for it... But it was too late once she could recognize him :lmao:

Chris has just received his new clothes and is preparing them for wearing in the next chapter. 'With my web power, I don't have to worry about running out of gas,' he thought. 'Hope they don't make fun at me when I do a spidey swoop, web thingy at the pool party. Veronica, eat your heart out. Wonder if Steve will like the new me?'

Sorry CJ, Nay!!! no sunglasses and he appears to be your white cousin.

Newest commercial then click on the goat.

BTW, hopefully that isn't the next chapter of FTL in the commercial!!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could see it, but you need Flash on your system to play it, and I ripped out flash and disabled its install route a long time ago.

However, I'll keep my eyes out and see if I can spot it on TV. Thanks!!!!!!!! B)

They have two versions of this commercial but only one posted. The other one ends with the goat wearing a duck face.

The obvious answer would be, the stick gets switched, and I doubt that's it.

Jan

A goat wearing a duck's face? That would just look strange, not normal, like, say, a goat wearing sunglasses. :sheep:

Chris has just received his new clothes and is preparing them for wearing in the next chapter. 'With my web power, I don't have to worry about running out of gas,' he thought. 'Hope they don't make fun at me when I do a spidey swoop, web thingy at the pool party. Veronica, eat your heart out. Wonder if Steve will like the new me?'

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

That would be a bit of an image change, for sure! :lmao:

OK, I do have some news; I'm leaving for up to two weeks. I'll be leaving the evening of June 6th, heading for Wyoming to do some camping and hiking, deep in the wilderness. I'll have little if any chance to log onto the 'net.

Therefor, the best thing I can think of it to adjust the posting schedule slightly; Ch 28 will be posted this Tuesday evening, and Ch 29 will be posted the day I leave (Wednesday of the following week). Due to it having to last y'all two weeks, it's a big one in a lot of ways; it contains a lot of info, and it's also more than twice the normal chapter size (it's over 11,000 words).

All being well I'll be back in under two weeks, but this is the best I could think of doing.

CJ

• Site Administrator

Have a safe and happy trip, CJ!

I'm at a conference for a couple of days of next week, so I may be slow to read the next chapter. I'm looking forward to it, though.

Cheers!

Graeme :)

I don't know about Steve but I sure will! By the way, do goats and echidnas like spiders? :P

I finally managed to catch up with the chapters and decided to post a comment. James, it's a really wonderful story. When you read it, you're sure going to enjoy it. I did! So you're doing a great job! I wonder what's about the data stick? Hmm, I trust you that's it going to be really cool! And what about that 'blood thicker that water'? Is Eric adopted?

C ya soon

Ieshwar

P.S Well, GA will seem empty without the lurker! :ph34r:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..