Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

At least I know why Eric is f**ked up...he's related to the Emoe guy and Piedmont Sheriff... I knew he had some bad blood in him. :P
Watch it, Jack. Just because CJ decided to use my name doesn't mean I am this character...

Let's watch picking on this Emoe guy, he happens to be one my editing team.
Thanks Jan! :2thumbs:

I once read somewhere that a writer should endeavor to make his editor feel like part of the story... 0:)

But, Emoe should be thankful, he could have ended up with Blackheart's role. :devil:

At this point, I would've preferred it since he hasn't actually appeared in the story... :angry:

I knew all the long Emoe the Editor the father of Eric.

Is Emoe gay? Yeah right... :thumbdown:

Emoe, the character, is a bible-thumping con artist. Emoe, the editor, is gay. Though I did experiment to confirm it, I'm not aware of fathering any offspring. And if I'd fathered Eric, I'd of thought long and hard about drowning the bastard for the good of the world. :devil:
Watch it, Jack. Just because CJ decided to use my name doesn't mean I am this character...

Thanks Jan! :2thumbs:

At this point, I would've preferred it since he hasn't actually appeared in the story... :angry:

Emoe, the character, is a bible-thumping con artist. Emoe, the editor, is gay. Though I did experiment to confirm it, I'm not aware of fathering any offspring. And if I'd fathered Eric, I'd of thought long and hard about drowning the bastard for the good of the world. :devil:

I feel there may be some confusion here... 0:)

Emoe is the last name of the Fundamanralist preacher (and criminal conspirator) in my story.

EMoe is my editor.

Please note that the names are NOT the same. (small m vs. Capitol M). I'm sure that the similarities are purely coincidental. 0:)

Of course, clarity is not aided by the fact that my editor seems to have a penchant for misspelling his own name. :P

And EMoe (See, spelled correctly...) What a thing to say about Eric! :o

Oh, and regarding Blackheart, the key word there is yet :devil:

I feel there may be some confusion here... 0:)

Emoe is the last name of the Fundamanralist preacher (and criminal conspirator) in my story.

EMoe is my editor.

Please note that the names are NOT the same. (small m vs. Capitol M). I'm sure that the similarities are purely coincidental. 0:)

Of course, clarity is not aided by the fact that my editor seems to have a penchant for misspelling his own name. :P

And EMoe (See, spelled correctly...) What a thing to say about Eric! :o

Oh, and regarding Blackheart, the key word there is yet :devil:

I am not confusing anyone here. I just enjoy mixing up your editor with the fundmental wacko. :P

• Site Administrator

I'm coming in late to this discussion, but I can't help it if work restricted my internet access by sending me interstate for a few days....

1. I found the way Chris and Steve didn't give the information of what is on the stick contrived. Sorry, CJ, but that's the way it came over. I'm sure it's for good reasons, but since the rest of the story has NOT had Chris refraining from mentioning important things, for him to do so in this chapter is incongruous.

2. My best guess, given that there was an indication earlier (I can't remember if it was in the story or in this thread) that Blackheart was suspected to be involved with identity threat, is that the data stick contains thousands of identities. Be that credit card details or other information. The 50K worth of equipment that is sitting idle, waiting for this information, is probably computer equipment designed to use those identities to conduct some wholesale fraud -- probably draining bank accounts. The (moderately) expensive equipment was bought to help cover their tracks so they would be able to keep their ill-gotten gains.

3. I'm confused. I'm sure that the Piedmont sheriff and the good reverend were described early in the story as being brother-in-laws. This chapter implies they are brothers, not brother-in-laws. I had assumed that Thaddeus has married the sheriff's sister, which means that Eric is NOT a blood relation of the sheriff and calling the sheriff as an uncle to Eric seems to be stretching things.

I liked the chapter -- don't get me wrong -- but I was disappointed that the critical information about the data stick was withheld from the readers.

I'm coming in late to this discussion, but I can't help it if work restricted my internet access by sending me interstate for a few days....

1. I found the way Chris and Steve didn't give the information of what is on the stick contrived. Sorry, CJ, but that's the way it came over. I'm sure it's for good reasons, but since the rest of the story has NOT had Chris refraining from mentioning important things, for him to do so in this chapter is incongruous.

You raise a very good point. I did overdo it with the reader-teasing there. I was trying to avoid revealing Eric's parentage and the data stick contents in one chapter, so I put the initial revelation in the chapter break. I've only done the "narrator being unforthcoming" bit once before in FTL, waaaay back in Ch 3: (So I'm not surprised that it appeared incongruous, due to the elapsed time)

Steve filled me in on his plan, finished by rubbing his hands together, vengeance on his mind. I told him "Yeah, sounds like a plan. That would sure solve our problems. I'm in." and then let the plan (the "dead mean tell no tales" hanging threat) itself play out in the next chapter.

You also raise a good point on Eric; Thadeus and the sheriff are indeed brothers-in-law; so Eric is not, actually, a blood relative of the sheriff. Eric didn't call the sheriff "uncle", those were Mr. Williams' words, but I'll clarify that in CH 29. Also, this does make my "Blood is thicker than water" usage a stretch, I admit, because Eric and the sheriff aren't actually blood relatives.

I can't comment on point #2 due to fear of your spines. :P

Well, okay, I guess I can drop a few hints... OUCH!, hey, watch the spines! they won't be spoilers, honest!

The "thousands of..." is accurate and a major clue. Of course, Chris could have been about to say "Ones and zeros, its a binary data storage device after all". 0:)

Seriously though, the "thousands of..." really is a big clue, and the contents are revealed in full in Ch 29.

1. I found the way Chris and Steve didn't give the information of what is on the stick contrived.

Well, not the first adjective that came up. Mean, wicked, devious, evil, irritating... I actually thought CJ pulled this trick rather well, since after all he just skips the conversation with Dex (and C&S going to bed, lol), and then goes on with the story. And I was so pissed at CJ for not telling that I looked for the least little detail that would make the whole scheme fall apart.

I love your #2 theory. A high-scale fraud. It'll be fun when Chris and Steve will watch the FBI take away Thaddeus and Johnson who will mumble:" Darn, had it not been for these meddling homosexual youngsters, our scheme'd have worked perfectly!" (Yeah, I'm still a Scooby Doo fan)

Seriously though, the "thousands of..." really is a big clue, and the contents are revealed in full in Ch 29.

Just in. Here is a candid photo of CJ and his editorial team working out the final draft of Ch 29.

Just in. Here is a candid photo of CJ and his editorial team working out the final draft of Ch 29.

Sadly enough, the pool party that was planned afterwards was cancelled, CJ telling us it would be rescheduled at a later date, because he wants to make sure this Canadian buddy of his can make it. I don't know if us lambs can mingle with goats too much, though.

• Site Administrator

Attached File(s) gif.gif CJ_and_Team.jpg ( 6k ) Number of downloads: 7

CJ, Jack, or anyone!!! It appears that Jack's pics are not accessible to just us "members". I was wondering if it is a Author, Editor, Moderator thing? I have the same trouble Allie mentioned a while back about a separate page popping up and saying I'm unauthorized to perform this action. Doesn't mater if I'm logged in or not, still the same thing.

CJ, Jack, or anyone!!! It appears that Jack's pics are not accessible to just us "members". I was wondering if it is a Author, Editor, Moderator thing? I have the same trouble Allie mentioned a while back about a separate page popping up and saying I'm unauthorized to perform this action. Doesn't mater if I'm logged in or not, still the same thing.

CJ_and_Team.jpg

For those of you that went without...

But I do say now loudly and clearly.

I was not present the day this photo was candidly snapped. Not a black sheep in the lot....

steve

I love your #2 theory. A high-scale fraud. It'll be fun when Chris and Steve will watch the FBI take away Thaddeus and Johnson who will mumble:" Darn, had it not been for these meddling homosexual youngsters, our scheme'd have worked perfectly!" (Yeah, I'm still a Scooby Doo fan)

ROFL!!!

Or, for an allusion to another TV show, one that features a 1969 Dodge Charger, what if the sheriff turns to Thaddeus and mutters "I never should have married your fat sister..."

:lmao::2thumbs:

Let's just hope none of eat the chapter. :lol:

Urghh! CJames is soooo gay! He made his assistants wear skimpy pink things! Perverted goat!

Ieshwar

:lmao:

But don't most places have office dress codes? 0:)

Sadly enough, the pool party that was planned afterwards was cancelled, CJ telling us it would be rescheduled at a later date, because he wants to make sure this Canadian buddy of his can make it. I don't know if us lambs can mingle with goats too much, though.

No discriminations here! All the four-footed are very welcome! :ph34r:

Damn, and I was planning to be there to get a birds eye view of the pool party.

I think the upcoming one in FTL might provide a better eyeful. :D

Uhoh. OK, this isn't an access issue, I've checked, and you aren't the first to report it.

Could you, or anyone who is having this problem, please do me a huge favor and grab a screen shot of the error message, and also please let me know what operating system and browser this occurs in?

CJ_and_Team.jpg

For those of you that went without...

But I do say now loudly and clearly.

I was not present the day this photo was candidly snapped. Not a black sheep in the lot....

steve

Thanks for the pic repost!!

But, um, I thought it was only your heart that was black? 0:)

Hi there,

I completed reading the chapter of FTL. But where's the data thing? Of course, the goat is taking great pleasure in seeing us pining for more! It was a really great chapter (as usual) and it did tell us a few things. But thousands of what? God, blondes got such a bad timing to drop in!

Ieshwar

Hi there,

I completed reading the chapter of FTL. But where's the data thing? Of course, the goat is taking great pleasure in seeing us pining for more! It was a really great chapter (as usual) and it did tell us a few things. But thousands of what? God, blondes got such a bad timing to drop in!

Ieshwar

Lol!!! Thanks Ieshwar!!!

The contents of the data stick are revealed in full in Ch 29 (no tricks this time). Due to my upcoming vacation, I'm delaying the chapter posting by one day, to this coming Wednesday, and Ch 29 is a large one; about twice my normal chapter size. I'll be gone for about ten or eleven days after that, so hopefully doing it this way will avoid disrupting the posting schedule overly much.

Just a reminder; due to my vacation beginning Wednesday night, I'll be posting Ch 29: Mixed Emotions, a double-length chapter, late Wednesday instead of today. Sorry for the delay.

CJ

Chapter 29, "Mixed Emotionsis up!

BTW, I'm heading off on my vacation in a couple of hours, and I'll be gone just under two weeks, and I'm unlikely to have internet access while away. I'm going to miss all of you, take care!

CJ

Edit: I posted the WRONG VERSION for about 45 minutes. Sorry, fixed now!

Edited by C James

BTW, I'm heading off on my vacation in a couple of hours, and I'll be gone just under two weeks, and I'm unlikely to have internet access while away. I'm going to miss all of you, take care!

CJ

Edit: I posted the WRONG VERSION for about 45 minutes. Sorry, fixed now!

FINALLY SOME PEACE AND QUIET!!!!

:P Have a good vacation dude, can't wait till you get back :)

Steve

• Site Administrator

CJ

Enjoy the holiday CJ :pickaxe:

Maybe we will all wait until your gone to dissect the chapter paragraph by paragraph. Don't worry, it will all be good :devil:

But, to let you know, might be one of the best chapters yet in my humble opinion! Great Job.

Steve

FINALLY SOME PEACE AND QUIET!!!!

:P Have a good vacation dude, can't wait till you get back :)

Steve

Dex coughed, "That's an understatement. It's just really weird. I looked online and found a motel room in Oak Meadow, which was on my way in, just off I-10. It didn't look all that far from the lab in Pasadena on my map, but the traffic was so bad it took over an hour each way. At rush hour, the freeways become parking lots and it's even worse, you can't get anywhere at all, so I went in late and stayed late. I mainly hung out in Oak Meadow, but that place is downright trippy. I was eating lunch one day at a pizza place, called, with typical California unoriginality,

Hello CJ,

I just finished reading the chapter. It was really funny, the party and all. And the last scene was...*check the thermometer, 100'C!* :lmao: So in the next chapters, we'll have Chris celebrating his birthday in the jail and there's also that wall in the bookshop. Surely hides something. Goats? :lol:

Great Job as usual!

Ieshwar

P.S Have a nice trip!

Anyone who thinks CJ is gonna go 2 whole weeks without checkin' in on the comments here doesn't know our gifted gay goat very well! :P:wub::D I believe, if you check his several goodbye posts :wacko: , he always said that he 'might' not have internet access. CJ would never tell us an outright lie. Nor should he, given how well he has mastered the art of misdirection. :angry:

Now, as CJ has told us (ad nauseum), he's just a lurker here. :ph34r: So it's only natural that he would have packed his wireless laptop and a spare battery or three. Whether we're talking commitment or addiction, CJ is here!!! Make no mistake about that! B)

The question really is. will he post? :funny: At the very least, he will log in as a guest. Then again, anyone can do that. Remember, CJ's a moderator here. That gives him access to "controls" the rest of us don't have, right? Has he perhaps created a new member account for himself? I mean, it's not that he needs the extra post count!! :lol:

So, I say post away as you would normally...at the very least, it'll make his vacation that much better!! :D Oh yeah, let's also see who can spot CJ here at GA over the next 2 weeks.

Conner

So, I say post away as you would normally...at the very least, it'll make his vacation that much better!! :D Oh yeah, let's also see who can spot CJ here at GA over the next 2 weeks.

Rewarding chapter, fun pool time with Speedos and more curious danglers to munch on while CJ in communing in the wilderness. What's behind the brick wall in the tunnel? Hmmm.

I can't believe that CJ won't be lurking around with a laptop in his tent.

• Site Administrator

A good chapter -- filled in my lunch break nicely :D

We know have the information to complete a lot of the picture, but there is still the final denoucement to happen. I also noticed a few other possible confusions and confrontations that may occur.

1. What is behind that bricked up wall at the book store?

2. What happens to Chris when he turns 18?

3. Are Chad's parents going to cause problems?

4. How will the Peidmont/Thaddeus/Eric situation get resolved? I can't believe that it won't require the boys to do something stupid, dangerous, and maybe even blond....

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..