Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

Now that CJ's first story is done and he's now hosted, it's party time. Last night I heard of the perfect Ice Cream to be served. It's called La Loo AND it's made from Goat's Milk.

Jan

Goat's milk I'm fine with; I just try and avoid becoming the main dish. :sheep:

BTW, Jan, good predictions!

One novel unfinished! These are good news, and hijacking CJ's thread for the announcement is delighfully evil, SoCal way!

He's eeevil like that.... Why, next thing you know, he'll be making me put links to his stories in this post. :ph34r:

Wow, that's a great ending. It's suitable for a really enjoyable and good story like FTL. This was a great read, CJ! Thanks for writing this. :)

And a thanks to Francois too. Thanks to him, Yuri managed to convince CJ and save our very dear Steve! Yuri may be whore but he managed to cnvince CJ. Though we were not thinking of this method... :P

As for the Eric part, I still don't change my opinion about him. He's a git and will be a git. Ok, he saved Steve so I say he's a little git. I mean, CJ circumvent the problem very well by introducing the drug things. But this doesn't mean I'll be going and hugging Eric. I haven't forgot his episode at the stake-out! :angry:

Great Story, CJ! :worship:

Take care,

Ieshwar

Thanks Ieshwar, and thanks for reading!

Drugs can enhance the bad side of one's personality, which is what may have happened to Eric; he did seem to show genuine emotion for Steve at the end, and regret that he'd lost his family through his own actions. He also stopped to say goodbye to Steve once he already had the $$$.

Even Eric says he's no saint; he has his bad points (like a penchant for stake-outs). I think he's changed a little now that he's off drugs, but the question is, how much? Steve questioned Eric's change in the Epilogue, and we really don't know for sure, yet. This story was in 1st person, so all we have to go by is the words and deeds of the characters. Eric, well, we'll be seeing him again (and no, he definitely isn't the same Eric as the one in LTMP :D )

I think there is a goat sacrifice in order... :mace: Awww... But Aillie, somebody had to ride off into the sunset, didn't they? 0:)

:angry::angry::angry: .......Somehow a goat sacrifice won't erase Eric's sunset ride

Poor, misunderstood Eric. :boy:

B)......actually, I think I understand the creep very well! He did after all save his ass, and being the "savior" only worked out to his advantage. How could our hero's say anything without admitting to helping a wanted criminal escape. Then of course poor misunderstood Eric didn't seem to flinch when he killed.

B) .........Very nicely done CJ, a bit of evil but nicely done!!

You could very well be right; he HAD to get the money, and the sheriff had double-crossed him. And good catch; he didn't flinch when killing. However, neither did Veronica, though she sure had good reason.

And why did Eric try and save Veronica? He could have been doing the right thing, or, he could have been wanting a diversion so he had a chance to swipe the money. We just don't know. That's one of the problems with 1st person narrations; you can't definitively state any character (other than the protagonists' ) motives.

And yes, Eric does have his bad sides; annoying kid bothers are a fixture of gay fiction, after all. 0:)

Me thinks thou doth protest to much!

Who? Me? 0:)

You could very well be right; he HAD to get the money, and the sheriff had double-crossed him. And good catch; he didn't flinch when killing. However, neither did Veronica, though she sure had good reason.

And why did Eric try and save Veronica? He could have been doing the right thing, or, he could have been wanting a diversion so he had a chance to swipe the money. We just don't know. That's one of the problems with 1st person narrations; you can't definitively state any character (other than the protagonists' ) motives.

And yes, Eric does have his bad sides; annoying kid bothers are a fixture of gay fiction, after all. 0:)

Me thinks thou doth protest to much!

Who? Me? 0:)

B) ........I think Cj has "Future" plans for Eric, seeing the reaction he received from his readers, Oh yes I see it in the eyes above me that what I predict is true. :devil: Course he will need that evil sidekick Shadowgod!

B) ........I think Cj has "Future" plans for Eric, seeing the reaction he received from his readers, Oh yes I see it in the eyes above me that what I predict is true. :devil: Course he will need that evil sidekick Shadowgod!

Yes indeed. 0:)

:o This means we'll have FTL2? :D (Please say yes)

Yes. :)

The title is as yet undecided, so I can't say what it will be called, but it will be a sequel to FTL. It's a few months away, though. :)

Yes indeed. 0:)

Yes. :)

The title is as yet undecided, so I can't say what it will be called, but it will be a sequel to FTL. It's a few months away, though. :)

B) ........Let me nix out the first title........"For the Good of Eric"

WOW :worship:

But I hope we dont have to wait "months" till we can read this story :P .

The Goat, always the Goat.

can we rule out "For The Love Of Money"? :blink:

For The Love of God? With a full cast of Born-Again Christians characters? Chris and Steve converting the heathens in Hawaii, and Rick working out a scheme to have a legal, tax-free, money-making operation that puts Eric's out of business?

For The Love of God? With a full cast of Born-Again Christians characters? Chris and Steve converting the heathens in Hawaii, and Rick working out a scheme to have a legal, tax-free, money-making operation that puts Eric's out of business?

:o ............"Born again Christians" CJ your not writing Horror Novels now are you? B)

B) ........Let me nix out the first title........"For the Good of Eric"

Awww, dang, back to the drawing board... 0:)

WOW :worship:

But I hope we dont have to wait "months" till we can read this story :P .

Thanks Bob! I'll do what I can, but I've got another serial underway at the moment, "Let the Music Play", and I need to get a few chapters ahead before I spend any time on anything else. :)

What about "For the Goat's sake"? So I guess, it will be in Hawaii...

(I have read No shirt, no problem's thread. I find the name 'The Goat's tale' very nice! :D )

Ieshwar

LoL! Well, one possibility was "For the Love of Money". :devil:

The Goat, always the Goat.

can we rule out "For The Love Of Money"? :blink:

ACK! Dang, there goes another one... grumble grumble...

How about "For the Money"? Or "Eric's Redemption"? 0:)

B) .........next he will be corrupting young minds with fiendish plots involving evil characters.......wait a minute, he's already doing that!!!!!!!

Who? me? 0:)

Awww, dang, back to the drawing board... 0:)

Thanks Bob! I'll do what I can, but I've got another serial underway at the moment, "Let the Music Play", and I need to get a few chapters ahead before I spend any time on anything else. :)

B)...I can wait!

LoL! Well, one possibility was "For the Love of Money". :devil:

B).......Yeah that holds as a possibility!!

ACK! Dang, there goes another one... grumble grumble...

B)............??

How about "For the Money"? Or "Eric's Redemption"? 0:)

B)..........How about "Eric's Execution"

Who? me? 0:)

B)..........Know of any other goats in here??

I've been reading "For the Love" since it was first posted on GA. I like mysteries, and I like mysteries that include unusual technology, and "For the Love" had both. Plus, of course, the love interest which was well handled. I burst out laughing when I read that Eric had become a televangelist. :lol: He spent too much time around Thaddius, that's for certain.

Great job, CJ.

sungod

Edited by sungod

Hi Benji!

Well, hmmm... I 'spose you wouldn't like "For the Love of Eric" either? 0:)

And yes, there ather goats around these parts... Conner, for one. :)

I've been reading "For the Love" since it was first posted on GA. I like mysteries, and I like mysteries that include unusual technology, and "For the Love" had both. Plus, of course, the love interest which was well handled. I burst out laughing when I read that Eric had become a televangelist. :lol: He spent too much time around Thaddius, that's for certain.

Great job, CJ.

sungod

Thank you Sungod!

It was a fun story to write, but difficult too. I had to research everything from theology (for the sermon; to make sure the argument was theologically accurate and original) to drug effects (for the ketomine and the dart gun). The computer stuff was a little easier; I knew about the exploit the "Firehole keylogger" uses, so it's possible. The remote-control gear and the camera gear took some research too. However, I love gadgetry, so I actually enjoyed most of it. :)

Now that FTL is over, this thread will likely fall into silence (though I'll always keep a copy). So, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been part of it. This has been more special to me that you can possibly know, and amongst other things this thread has been my motivation to defeat writer's block when it sets in. I've had more fun here than I ever thought possible.

Thanks everyone!

CJ

Hi Benji!

Thank you Sungod!

It was a fun story to write, but difficult too. I had to research everything from theology (for the sermon; to make sure the argument was theologically accurate and original) to drug effects (for the ketomine and the dart gun). The computer stuff was a little easier; I knew about the exploit the "Firehole keylogger" uses, so it's possible. The remote-control gear and the camera gear took some research too. However, I love gadgetry, so I actually enjoyed most of it. :)

Now that FTL is over, this thread will likely fall into silence (though I'll always keep a copy). So, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been part of it. This has been more special to me that you can possibly know, and amongst other things this thread has been my motivation to defeat writer's block when it sets in. I've had more fun here than I ever thought possible.

Thanks everyone!

CJ

So.. does that mean we an hijack it now to promot our own stories and what not so it doesn't go stale?

Bob :wub:

Okay, last week I read all of FTL. I must say that it was a fantastic story and it was written wonderfully. I really enjoyed reading it.

However, I should also say that I started to read it when it was first began and it did not catch my attention the first time, so I stopped reading it. I am very glad that I went back and read it though, it is now one of my favorite stories online.

Thank you CJ!

Kurt :D

Thanks everyone!

CJ

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :wub: That was sweet.

All I can say is goats are fantastic people. And a quote for you, CJ

Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
Edited by Conner
So.. does that mean we an hijack it now to promot our own stories and what not so it doesn't go stale?

Bob :wub:

Due to my lofty position as chair of the Goat Sub-group committee, I am permitted certain leeway with other goats' property.....but mainly CJ's B)

I say, "Go for it!"

Conner

Hi Benji!

Thank you Sungod!

Thanks everyone!

CJ

B) ...........like the phoenix it is destined to rise with the sequel

Naw, it will go into a new chapter-by-chapter topic instead of continuing this one...

uh oh, I'm on post 444 now :blink:

B) ..........getting up there, huh, yeah your right why use the old thread,to compare notes on the seqel!

B) ...........like the phoenix it is destined to rise with the sequel

I'll post an announcment in this thread, just for old time's sake, but we'll go chapter-by chapter, now that we've got a forum to play with. :) (and I know, it's strange for a lurker like me to love a forum so much, but I love this place!)

Naw, it will go into a new chapter-by-chapter topic instead of continuing this one...

uh oh, I'm on post 444 now :blink:

Egads, a POSTAHOLIC! :o

Well, I've said that about you all along, Emoe. :P

I think there is a goat sacrifice in order... :mace:

A dark haired goat was standing tethered to a spike near a cauldron of boiling water.
:o:o:o:o:o

Aillie, how could you? :sheep:

As you can see... I keep my promises... :evil:

Due to my lofty position as chair of the Goat Sub-group committee, I am permitted certain leeway with other goats' property.....but mainly CJ's B)

I say, "Go for it!"

Conner

Well that means I can attach a link: The Rise of Anyon where a certain dark haired goat gets... well not laid... :devil:

That's for the ending... as I promised... mwhahahahahahahaha.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..